Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy through WhatsApp.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – September 18 , 2021
Legal Counsel, Gokul and Subha Advocates, Chennai (PQE- 0+ Years)
Opportunity for fresh law graduate to join us to work on tax advisory & litigation, legal research and content creation.
Location – Chennai.
Expected to work from first / second week of October, 2021.
How to Apply
Candidates with very good writing skills and aptitude for research may send CV directly to [email protected]
Associate, AKS Partners,New Delhi (PQE-3-5)
Associates,Surana & Surana International Attorneys, Chennai, India,Chennai (PQE- 1-6 Years)
Lawyers,Economic Laws Practice,Mumbai (PQE- 3-6 years)
Our client, a Company operating in Fin-Tech space is looking for a law firm candidate with 4-7 years of PQE who has experience in SaaS business model, technology based agreements and general corporate.
The candidate can be based out of Delhi, Bombay or Bangalore.
How to Apply
Interested candidates can reach out to me at [email protected]
Law Graduates,BananaIP Counsels, Bengaluru ( PQE- 0+ Years)
We are currently seeking a lawyer (3 to 6 years of work experience) for our Corporate and Commercial Practice in Mumbai.
• Ability to lead due diligence
• Ability to draft and mark-up transaction documents
• Sound knowledge of Companies Act, SEBI, FEMA
• Ability to communicate effectively with the client
• Must have experience of working in PE/VC/M&A matters (unlisted space, experience in listed space is also welcome such as open offers, fundraising, etc.), drafting of documents such as SSA, SPA, SHA, term sheet, due diligence, general corporate (opinions and advisories)
Skills and Qualifications:
• Ability to do quick research to develop a theoretical understanding of the laws and acts
• Knowledge of case laws with a relevant legal framework, a good understanding of regulatory updates, approvals, opinions, and a basic understanding of its impact on clients
• Ability to acquire knowledge on current market trends and understand its future implication and impact on client
• Ability to create and disseminate and analyze updates on the latest trends
• Attention to detail w.r.t. contract drafting skills, replies, etc (most critical)
• LLB / LLM
How to Apply
Interested candidates may write to [email protected]
Associate / Senior Associate,DSK Legal,Delhi (PQE 2-4 Years)
???????? ????: Corporate, M&A
????????: Associate / Senior Associate (2-4 PQE)
HOW TO APPLY
Interested candidates may send their CV’s to the HR at [email protected]
Legal Counsel,Persistent Systems,Bengaluru (PQE-10 Years)
Looking for a candidate having 1-4 years of experience in M&A.
How to apply:
Legal Stenographer,Primus Legal (India) , Indore (PQE -5+ Years)
As a legal stenographer, the candidate must be able to type well in English and Hindi. Dictations may be given in English.
As an office administrator, the candidate’s role will include supervising the staff, managing office supplies, coordinating with vendors, handling some basic accounts, maintaining leave/attendance records etc.
As of now, the requirement is part-time: to visit the office from 3 p.m. to 6 p.m.
Remuneration will be around 6-7k per month.
How to Apply
Click Here to Apply
Associate,Tier-1 Law Firm,Delhi & Gurgaon (PQE- 1-4 Years)
We are currently hiring Associate – General Corporate Advisory & Transactions for law firms in Gurgaon & Delhi.
We are looking at someone with at least 4 years of experience in general corporate advisory and handling end to end transactions.
Please reach out to me at [email protected] for a confidential discussion.
Legal Counsel (Contract Expert),Dell Technologies,Bengaluru(PQE- 2-5 Years)
Advisor, Legal Counsel
From commercial contracts to cyber security, IP to ethical practices – Legal teams at Dell Technologies always have new, interesting and complex challenges to tackle. Legal Operations provides all the administrative, reporting and program management support they need to succeed. Whether focused locally, regionally or globally, Legal Operations professionals develop plans, oversee programs and processes and maintain records. They review legal data, provide policy information and legal advice across the organization and manage a wide range of legal business matters.
Join us to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact as Advisor, Legal Counsel in Gurgaon.
What you’ll achieve
Manages a variety of legal business matters pertaining to the organization. Acts as advisor on legal issues involving the organization. Reviews legal data and advises organization on appropriate legal action to be taken. Coordinates legal matters handled by outside counsel. Demonstrates relevant experience, in practice areas such as litigation, commercial transactions, intellectual property, corporate transactional, securities, employment, immigration, compliance, or regulatory matters
1. Provides legal advice and counsel to department management and team members related to lower risk corporate and business legal issues.
2, Develops and files necessary legal documentation. Sometimes liaises with outside counsel.
3.Develops solutions that are thorough, practical, and consistent with functional or customer objectives.
4.Drafts, reviews and/or negotiates legal documents for business needs related to practice area(s).
5.Takes responsibility for departmental projects outside of primary practice area(s).
·Typically requires 2-5 years of related experience in a professional role with a Bachelor’s degree;
Qualified attorney or equivalent in the relevant jurisdiction required
1.Knowledge of legal research skills.
2.Ability to apply known legal principles to an unfamiliar set of facts.
How to Apply
Legal Counsel,CDC Group plc,Mumbai (PQE- 7+ Years)
- Advising CDC on all stages of its debt investments, including structuring, execution and portfolio management.
- Working with investment teams to ensure that transactions are pursued in a timely manner and legal risks are identified and appropriately managed.
- Project-managing broader elements of transactions (such as taxation, E&S and business integrity matters) to ensure that relevant input is obtained and CDC’s core requirements (including CDC’s Code of Responsible Investing) are met.
- Managing external counsel.
- Interpreting due diligence reports and other advice from external counsel on legal risks and applying them to the commercial context to solve problems.
- Explaining legal issues and risks concisely to investment professionals, investment committees and CDC’s board where necessary.
- Reviewing documentation prepared by external counsel (and in some instances drafting documentation) for a broad range of debt transactions.
- Advising on investments in difficulty and supervising litigation.
- Miscellaneous matters, such as non-disclosure agreements and engagement letters.
- Building and sharing know-how and best practice, including training and precedents.
Background, skills, aptitude
The successful candidate will:
- have a commercial mind-set and be constantly seeking solutions;
- be able to assess risks and make well-reasoned, independent and transparent decisions under time pressure;
- be able to explain legal issues and risks concisely to investment professionals, recommend appropriate courses of action and resolve problems;
- be a self-starter, able to work independently (without the back-up traditionally associated with large companies particularly law firms); be ‘hands-on’ keen to get involved in all areas of the business when required;
- have very good interpersonal skills able to work effectively across cultures, with occasional travel;
- understand that working for a development organisation such as CDC requires a trade-off between rewarding work and remuneration;
- be motivated by CDC’s development mission and demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals.
- A lawyer qualified in India (essential) and the UK or US (preferable) with at least seven years’ post-qualification experience in the banking practice of an international law firm or a top tier Indian law firm or the legal department of an international or top tier domestic financial institution.
- Experience working for large international corporates or financial institutions making debt investments into India and other parts of South Asia, such as corporate lending (essential) and preferably financial institutions finance (including an understanding of capital adequacy/Tier II requirements); trade finance (including borrowing base and receivables financings); risk participation structures (first loss/funded/unfunded); and structured finance (e.g. securitisations and pooled bond issuances).
- Experience reviewing, negotiating and/or drafting documentation for typical Indian lending structures including NCDs, ECBs, “masala bonds” and Indian law security documents and a familiarity with the best enforcement options available for lenders in India.
- Experience reviewing, negotiating and drafting standard LMA English law facility agreements, common terms agreements and intercreditor agreements and a solid understanding of market standard risk allocation for cross-border transactions.
- An understanding of the risk tolerances and expectations of international lenders making cross border loans around the world.
- Familiarity with “know your customer”, anti-money laundering and anti-bribery and corruption policies preferable.
- Candidates should be strongly motivated by CDC’s development mission and ideally demonstrate some commitment to development or social goals through previous executive or non-executive activity.
How to Apply:
Legal Counsel,Tracxn, Bengaluru(PQE – 8-10 Years)
The Legal Counsel at Tracxn will be responsible for providing general advisory to the business and administrative teams in ensuring legal compliance with all operations, provide vital support in addressing their legal queries, work with external counsels on various assignments for their legal opinions, manage the contracting process with our customers and vendors, and take the responsibility of legal controllership. We are looking for legal professionals with 8-10 years of relevant work experience.
- Work closely with the business teams to understand the legal requirements of our business
- Identify and solve areas of legal assistance to ensure seamless roll-out of new offerings
- Provide legal opinions on queries raised by business teams on an as-needed basis
- Work with all the administrative departments, and identify all the legal requirements that they must comply with
- Understand the requirements, and develop blueprints for internal compliance
- Work with external counsels for their opinions as needed, and leadership buy-in on the blueprints
- Work with the respective departments to implement the blueprint. Set up and manage the monitoring process to ensure compliance
- Develop a complete understanding of the components of the master contract we sign with our customers, the positions taken in it, and the reasoning behind them
- Work closely with the leadership team in identifying components that should potentially be added to the master contract.
- Develop the blueprint for the new components, get leadership buy-in on the design, and draft the approved blueprint.
- Take external opinion on the blueprint and draft, and finalize and roll out the updated master contract.
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of customers signing the master contract
- Review comments from customers on our standard agreement, and draft appropriate responses for the same. Attend calls with the customers to resolve open points on as needed basis.
- Ensure that the company’s interests are protected when negotiating the contract.
- Maintain a repository of all executed contracts along with the key features of each contract, including all differences from our master contract.
- Review and vet all vendor agreements and contracts before execution, including lease agreements, employee contracts, and any other vendor agreements, including terms of online portals that we sign up with
- Own the end-to-end lifecycle of vendor agreements, including review, negotiation, external reviews, and leadership buy-in
- Maintain a repository of all executed contracts along with all salient obligations of the company under the executed contracts.
- You must have a desire to build a career as in-house legal counsel
- 8-10 years total experience in legal matters
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Driven and motivated. Should be able to independently solve complex problems
- Strong analytical logical reasoning skills
- Good team player, positive attitude and eager to learn
- Willing to take feedback and adopt it in their work
- Willingness to relocate to Bangalore
What can you expect at Tracxn?
- Meritocracy driven, candid Culture. No Politics
- Like minded intellectually curious colleagues
- High paced learning. Continuous mentorship to help achieve peak potential
How to Apply:
Deputy Manager,Hardcastle Restaurants Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai
- Provide inputs to Head- Legal on legal matters
- Assist in preparation & monitoring of legal policies and procedures
- Investigate potential instances of non-compliance as well as seek guidance from senior management to administer potential remediation
- Perform legal due diligence on prospective partners, new business models, etc.
- Prepare, negotiate, vet and finalize all legal contracts (incl. lease, leave & license, commercial contracts, etc.), identify potential risks in contracts and provide recommendations to mitigate risk
- Perform legal research for ensuring compliance with applicable laws, and help layperson client functions frame compliance programmes for the same, including by way of making educative and understandable presentations to them
- Liaise with external lawyers, law firms and counsels to get their advice on more complex legal issues
- File for IPR and investigate for any IPR violations
- Provide support to global McD Corp team on contract related matters
- Jointly develop with HR representatives all employment contracts and practices; provide legal guidance on queries related to employment and complex legal transactions
- Manage delivery of investigations on financial, technical/criminal infringements, grievances and complaints submitted by internal customers to collect relevant information and take disciplinary action as necessary
- Maintain records and follows up on all cases filed against the company for recovery, declaration, writ petition etc.
- Manage all litigation and pre-litigation legal notices, including drafting responses to them
- Create and update templates of regularly used legal documents for all functions. Keep all agreements, property papers and rights agreements, etc. including certified copies obtained from various authorities in safe custody
- Execute legal documentation for new restaurant sites
- Provide legal representation for HRPL in all relevant interactions with site owners, landlords, etc. along with Real Estate team.
- Attend key industry body meetings as may be required
- Manage reporting requirements (legal issues, achievements, etc.) and submit them to senior management
- Address irregularities and deficiencies pointed out in internal and external audits
Reporting to: Head – Legal
How to Apply:
Senior Manager – Legal,FlexAbility | RPO Initiative of ABC Consultants, Mumbai(PQE – 6-9 Years)
Opening – Senior Manager Legal for a leading FMCG, Mumbai/Bangalore
- 6-9 years experience in a commercial legal role
- Acting as a legal business partner to support functions
- Good contract drafting skills
- Knowledge of India’s legal system and government infrastructure
- Knowledge of Legal affairs within Consumer Goods Sector
- Contract Act, Anti- Bribery and Competition laws is a must
- Draft, review and negotiate contracts and legal documentation for a broad range of commercial transactions
- Lead/Support legal activities and business interests whilst ensuring compliance with all relevant laws and regulations.
- Ensure that transaction risk (in the underlying business in the negotiated documents) is contractually mitigated as far as possible
- LLB from a reputed law school
How to Apply:
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here