Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy through WhatsApp.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – September 23 , 2021
Legal Counsel, IT/ITES company, Bangalore (PQE- 4-7 Years)
Legal Counsel,ANB Legal, Mumbai(PQE- 2-3 Years)
If you are a law graduate having atleast 2-3 years of post qualification experience in M&A, Private Equity and in general transactions, interested in joining a young dynamic and futuristic team at Mumbai
How to Apply
please send us your interest by emailing us at [email protected].
Sincere request, if you do not fall within the above criteria please do not apply. Our HR does have a tough time replying to everyone as a matter of policy we do acknowledge each and every email received in the inbox.
Assistant Manager Legal,Digital Startup Organisation,Mumbai/Delhi (PQE- 4-6 years)
Executive Officer,Viatris, Hyderabad ( PQE- 2-4 Years)
Education/Qualifications :- • M. Pharm. / PhD (Pharmaceutics or Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
• Post graduate diploma in Patent law or Degree in Law may have added advantage
Job Required Competencies:-
• Over 2-4 years’ experience in IPR in Pharmaceutical Industry
• IP experience working in reputed IP law firm would have added advantage
• IP experience in patent drafting, prosecution and/or litigation or opposition, patent landscape and clearance
• Deep understanding on patent laws of different jurisdiction
• Highly effective communication skills and should have excellent proficiency in English language for speaking, writing
Principle Roles & Responsibilities :-
• The candidate will be responsible for working as a team member for IP support work
• The candidate will be responsible for FTO assessment / clearance, patent drafting, patent prosecution, etc.;
• Conduct patent and prior art search, identification of blocking patent, prior art analysis, preparing preliminary draft invalidity opinion and search notes so as to enable to take further legal advice (opposition, revocation and patent challenge in various geographies)
• Good hands on experience conducting searches on different databases like scifinder, total patent, espacenet, legal databases (case law searches), clinical sites and various free databases.
• Review of legal documents related to IP matters
• Good understanding on technical domain like pharmaceutics/ medicinal chemistry.
• Reasonably good understanding on basic Patent law and its application in analyzing various field of technology (chemical, formulation and method of use patents)
How to Apply
Community Managers,The Corporate Law Academy,Remote(PQE 1-3 Years)
The role is completely remote, beginning from 11 October 2021 (training week) to 1 February 2022.
The time commitment varies based on the busyness of the application cycle. From the end of October to November, the approximate commitment will be 10 hours per week. Between December and January, this commitment will increase, up to 20 hours per week.
You will be paid £15.00 or £17.50 per application review. Applications take an average of 45 minutes to 1 hour to review.
Application Deadline: 22 September 2021
HOW TO APPLY
Assessment Trainee/ Fresher,King Stubb & Kasiva, Advocates & Attorneys,New Delhi (PQE-0+ Years)
Vacancy in King Stubb & Kasiva, Advocates & Attorneys
Position: Assessment Trainee/ Fresher
Preparation of legal opinion, Research Work, up-gradation of case data in MIS on daily basis.
Drafting of suits, complaints, written statements, legal notices, IAs, affidavits, Misc petitions.
Interaction with clients via phone and emails.
Interaction with empanelled advocates with regard to the current status of the matters and also advise them legal proceedings and next course of action
Preparation of monthly newsletter, etc.
Stipend will be paid.
How to apply:
Only those candidates who fulfil the above criteria and are available for immediate joining send C.V to [email protected]
Associate,Apprentice Education & Consulting Services LLP, Bangalore(PQE -1-3Years)
Sondhi & Partners is a full service providing law firm in India practising in the areas of Corporate, Litigation and Intellectual Property Rights. Head office is situated in Delhi. For more details you can visit at www.sondhipartners.com
Location – Netaji Subash place, Pitampura Delhi-110034.
About the Client
Boutique Real Estate Law Firm.
About the company
Boutique Real Estate Law Firm.
- The candidate hired for this position shall be deputed to one of the corporate clients of the firm and indicative responsibilities of the Associate shall be,
- Drafting,review and negotiation of real estate agreements (Eg: Sale deed, commercial lease agreements, mortgage deeds,joint development agreements etc).
- Basic title due diligence.
- Sending legal notices.
- Litigation management.
- Handling property registration work (if required by the client).
- Working days: Monday – Friday.
- Mode of working – Presently work from home.
- Strong experience in drafting,review and negotiation of real estate contracts for properties in Bangalore.
- Coordinate for registrations.
- Basic title due diligence
- Must have 1-3 of post qualification experience of contract drafting for real estates companies.
- Good oral and written communication skills (English)
- Good inter-personal skills and soft-skills.
- Knowledge of Kannada is not mandatory but preferred
How to Apply
In house Counsel,Kent,Kolkata (PQE- 4-5 Years)
We have an opening for in house counsel in Kolkata, looking for 4-5 yr experience in IPR specially in design and trademark.
Candidate must be a local resident of Calcutta and corporate experience is preferable.
Please send your CV, to [email protected]
Senior Contract Attorney,Elevate,Gurgaon (PQE-10-15 Years)
Elevate is recruiting a Senior Contract Attorney to join our Legal Team and work closely with client’s in-house counsel team in different geographies(America, EMEA, APAC) to provide them commercial and transactional support.
As part of the team you will be responsible for drafting, reviewing, redlining, negotiating various contracts and other transactional documents as well as conducting general and legal research and drafting memorandums.
Responsibilities & Qualifications
Specifically, you will
- Review contracts against established standards and negotiate acceptable alternatives, working from templates and tools that you will help create
- Compare contracts and highlight differences and similarities in memorandum format
- Facilitate escalation of unresolved issues, approval and signature.
- Update or draft playbooks and templates
- Research and analyze the area of commercial law as relevant to the company’s business and future prospects, and prepare memos or position statements for different audiences
- Provide high level legal research and memorandum drafting support for other simple to high complexity legal research assignments
- 10-15years of total experience with minimum experience of 10 years with commercial transactional support, drafting, reviewing and negotiating commercial contracts, particularly services and supply agreements, software license and SAAS agreements, procurement and other inbound agreements
- Experience of managing team
- Experience with Microsoft products like Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SharePoint
- Experience conducting simple to complex legal research and memorandum drafting
- Excellent track record in previous client support/customer service engagements
- Some experience with contract management software
Skills For Success
- Proven ability to work in a client-centric, deadline driven environment
- Highly detail oriented, with good analytical skills, financial acumen, and business judgment
- Excellent drafting skills, particularly depicting complex ideas clearly and concisely
- Professionalism in both verbal and written work
- Keen understanding and ability to comply with confidentiality obligations
- Have experience providing transactional contracts support including reviewing, redlining, drafting, managing various types of contracts for a multinational company
- Highly organized, excellent researcher and writer who is passionate about delivering high quality analysis and written work product
- LL.B. (LL.M. is a plus)
How to Apply
Legal Executive,Awfis Space Solutions Private Limited,Delhi ( PQE – 0-1 Years)
- Legal Drafting, vetting, reviewing and ensuring standardisation of legal documents such as Leave & License agreements, Lease Deeds, Operating Agreements etc.
- Litigation matters (including Trade Mark matters) with third parties and working closely with various functions and law firms
- Active monitoring and providing periodical reports on all legal cases to HoD
- Monitoring and ensuring compliance across operations with all company’s policies
- Take careful considered legal opinion on specific or critical legal and compliance issues
- Ensure legal due diligence prior to entering into lease arrangement/agreement with a Property owner (in particular Title investigation, OC/CC’s, Fire NoC’s, Commercial aspects of the proposed properties, Local legislation etc.).
- Review all the agreements pertaining to Customers/ Alliances/ Marketing sent by other teams and send amended drafts to them within the agreed TAT for the same.
- Liaison with Legal consultant and Landlords for finalization of agreements, signing of agreement resolving any bottlenecks/issues ensuring smooth closure of all the deals.
- Ensuring 100% documentation is maintained for all agreements along with relevant checklists on a regular basis without any delays Record Maintenance
Experience :- 0-1 Year
-Advanced Microsoft Word and Excel skills and good experience in drafting, vetting contracts, settlement deeds, Notices, NDA’s, Vendor agreements, etc.
-Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized and punctual.
-Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
How to Apply
Legal Editor,Manupatra,Noida ( PQE – 2 – 5 Years)
Legal Editor- Online Publishing
Experience- 2 – 5 years in the legal publishing industry
Qualification: Bachelors or Masters Degree in Law
Key areas of responsibility
- Working in accordance to work flow for requesting, creating, editing, publishing content.
- Do research on various areas of law, identify relevant information, documents and carry out updations in content collections.
- Keep track of various compliances and due dates.
- Training and managing team members
- Responsible for creating, improving and maintaining content to achieve our business goals
- Day-to-day operations of the content for the online platform
- Identify and share pegs with marketing team to promote
Must have skills & Experience
- Prior publishing or writing experience preferred
- One should perform well under deadlines and be detail-oriented
- Computer skills in Microsoft Word, Adobe Acrobat, Power Point & Internet skills
- Demonstrated legal research skills
- Initiative and coordination
- Able to work under minimal supervision
Remuneration: Attractive packages and benefits are provided commensurate with experience.
How to Apply
Consultant – Legal & Regulation (Higher Education),Indian Institute for Human Settlements,Delhi
As part of IIHS’ detailed legal work, we are looking for a candidate to fill the full-time position of Consultant – Legal & Regulation (Higher Education) in our Delhi office. This is a mid-level leadership position that will potentially involve independent responsibility and individual contribution along with reviewing and supervising the work of younger team members.
Activities and Tasks
Responsibilities would include, but not be limited to, the following:
- Legal-Regulatory Support in Higher Education (primary):
- Handling analysis and drafting on legal and regulatory matters, including the laws and policies relating to Higher Education:
- Legislative developments both central and state;
- Policies and schemes both central and state;
- Relevant case law at Supreme Court, High Courts and subordinate courts as applicable;
- Ensuring effective and rigorous analysis and adequate documentation;
- Carrying out institutional process drafting, including policies;
- Handling legal advisory, memos and opinion writing, litigation proceedings and related support;
- Undertaking legal and regulatory due diligence;
- Conducting research and analysis of latest developments in Higher Education worldwide, including in the field of Digital Blended Learning and Education Rankings;
- Transactional advisory and drafting as appropriate to the ‘not-for-profit’ sector;
- Handling relevant IPR related matters;
- Assisting in stakeholder consultations and deliberations as relevant;
- Research (secondary):
- Contributing to research and academic work on aspects of urban law and policy, as relevant to IIHS;
- Contributing to other IIHS activities including academics, research, training, practice, operations and others;
- Participating in all activities of Institution-Building at IIHS; carrying out tasks as assigned by IIHS; and travelling on IIHS work within or outside the country as and when needed.
Structure and Reporting
The Consultant – Legal & Regulation will report to the Chief – Legal & Regulation at IIHS and will collaborate effectively with a diverse group of internal teams and external individuals/organisations, and students.
We are looking for a knowledgeable, responsible and motivated lawyer with a minimum of Bachelor’s degree in Law and at least 8 years of work experience in relevant areas, including preferably, experience of dealing with legal-regulatory and policy issues in Higher Education.
Other qualifications required for this role, include:
- Excellent analytical skills and a high degree of proficiency in Microsoft Word, Powerpoint and Excel;
- Excellent communication skills in written English;
- Good communication skills and fluency in Hindi/Kannada (written and spoken);
- Ability to undertake rigorous research on constitutional law, administrative law, executive orders, labour law, taxation law, privacy/data protection legislation, case law, institutional structures and relevant legislative matters, with pronounced evidence of strong drafting and transactional skills;
- Ability to understand law in contexts and propose iterative solutions;
- Ability to assist with litigation related matters;
- Ability to work in a highly inter-disciplinary team and under strict and frequent deadlines;
- Professional experience in dealing with Government agencies/entities;
- Initiative and independent working, ability to handle tasks with minimal supervision;
- Leadership skills, with the ability to supervise and mentor younger team members.
This offer is on an exclusive basis, which implies that other professional assignments (whether compensated or not) that bear a potential conflict of interest with IIHS cannot be undertaken.
The search will remain open until the position is filled.
This position is based in Delhi and will entail travel to other locations in India.
Review and Assessment
The role and performance of the incumbent shall be subject to normal review and assessment systems at IIHS.
IIHS is an equal opportunity employer that encourages women, people with disabilities and those from economically and socially excluded communities with the requisite skills and qualifications to apply for positions.
Please write to us at [email protected] if you need any clarifications while filling the online application form.
How to Apply
Specialist, Business Legal,DBS Bank,Mumbai (PQE -5 to 7 Years)
Legal, Compliance & Secretariat ensures that the bank’s interests are protected by zealously guarding and enhancing its reputation and capital. We also work to maintain a good standing with all our regulators, customers, and business partners. Because we believe that at the heart of business banking is to uphold the values of trust and integrity for all our stakeholders.
To provide legal support and assistance in relation to consumer banking business of the Bank.
•Provide pragmatic and effective legal advice to manage legal risk in respect of consumer banking secured and un-secured lending products.
•Prior experience in advising credit card portfolio will be preferred.
•Assist in advising on various strategic partnerships of the Bank including drafting, reviewing and negotiating documents.
•Draft, review and negotiate legal documentation.
•Participate in the development of processes, policies and procedures designed to reduce legal risk and/or increase the efficiency of the team.
•Proactively advise on and help to manage important changes in law and regulation.
Job Duties & responsibilities
•Embed the Legal Risk and Principle Risks Standard in the business and ensure that the policies are adhered to.
•Provide legal advice to business and support units as required, to ensure that legal issues are identified and resolved, and that legal risk is managed appropriately within DBS India
•Resolution of queries in relation to products and services offered by the Bank specifically CBG business.
•Responsible for handling branch banking queries and providing day to day support to various business units and support functions in all aspects
•To draft/ vet/ review various types of agreements/documents including Outsourcing Agreements, NDA’s, etc and also support the various business units on any kind of Legal documentation.
•Responsible for providing assistance and handling customers complaints, notices from regulators/ authorities, etc
•Qualified lawyer with post qualification experience in banking law or other related areas of law.
•Experience in handling credit card product
•Good academic grounding
Education / Preferred Qualifications
A Graduate with LLB/ LLM or other recognized legal degree with at least 5 to 7 years work experience in Retail Banking.
•Excellent diagnostic skills and rigorous approach to problem solving
•Excellent communication and negotiation skills at all levels, especially drafting & writing skills
•Excellent comprehension skills to understand and interpret industry data and economic trends
•Strong formal presentation skills to gain acceptance to solutions, both internally and externally
•Attention to detail & Tenacious
•Ability to think creatively and identify innovative solutions;
•Should have a stable mindset to handle issues & also be able to think through a problem.
•Should be able to identify and forecast legal & compliance risks / rewards, in line with proposed business growth & find solutions
•Financial knowledge of banking and financial services law
•Strong technical ability & ability to grasp new technical areas of law very quickly
•Knowledge on BCSBI (Banking Codes & Standards Board of India)
•Knowledge on all related laws in India especially laws governing RBI, SEBI, IRDA, AMFI, etc.
•Sound knowledge of the overall banking environment
•Must have overview of the applicability of various statutes/ laws applicable
•Close working relationship with business heads, product owners & internal support functions to sign off & ensure compliance for all products & services offered by DBS India.
•Establish a working relationship with Legal & Compliance team in India & Singapore.
How to Apply
Manager / Legal,Godrej Group,Gurgaon (PQE – 5-7 Years)
Candidate Profile (Requirement Specification)
Type Of Experience
- Coordinate withlegalconsultants,drafting&executionofvarious pleadings including but not limited to applications, suits, reply, rejoinder, affidavits, evidence, appeal, counter affidavit etc. before appropriate court of law,
- Supportother departmentsandInterface withcontractualpartners,
- Prepare strategy to effectively manage the litigation of the zone at all the forums i.e. consumer courts, RERA, High Court, Supreme Court
- proficiencyin useof MicrosoftOfficeandMicrosoftOutlook,goodknowledge ofrealestate laws, RERA laws, consumer laws, CPC, CrPC, Indian Evidence Act, IPCandbestindustrypractices,
- Abilitytoworkhardandrespondwithintightdeadlines,strongemphasisongood quality, timely and well-presented document, strong ability to plan,multi-taskandorganizeroutinework,
Necessary Skills Sets And Desirable
Applicants should have completed LLB from a reputed institute with 5-7 years relevant experience. Preference will be given to candidates having experience in real estate litigation.
How to Apply
Legal Operations Manager (based in Bangkok, relocation provided),Agoda,Bengaluru (PQE -5 – 8 Years)
As a member of Agoda’s in-house legal department, you will be responsible for the strategy, leadership and management of Legal Operations. In this role you will have two direct reports (as of now) and you will report directly to Agoda’s Associate General Counsel. This role is key for ensuring that the Legal Operations works efficiently, proactively and effectively with other stakeholders, and allocates and deploys budget, time and technology impactfully. You will be an effective and accurate manager of the Legal budget and forecasting. You should demonstrate a mindset of continuous improvement and its implementation and, using of data and metrics, provide insight into operations. You will lead Legal Operations in successful and always-improving collaborative working with the rest of the Agoda Legal Department (based in Bangkok but with international coverage in other locations) to ensure and be part of the department’s and Agoda’s overall success.
This position is open to both local and international candidates with relocation support available for eligible candidates to help ensure a smooth transition to working and living in Bangkok. Given the COVID-19 landscape and travel restrictions, relocation date is flexible and a remote start may be possible.
In this Role, you’ll get to:
- Support the General Counsel, Legal Leadership team and the Legal Department as a whole with strategic planning for the function: supporting by identifying, articulating and mapping strategic goals and objectives, aligning with different functions within the business, and tracking against them throughout the year, demonstrating ownership by holding the leadership team accountable for achieving them
- Support different processes insofar as they impact the Legal Operations;
- Help to raise the profile of the Legal Operations within Agoda and improve communication initiatives between the team and the wider Agoda business. This includes understanding how the Legal Operations can continue to align as closely as possible with the business, and partner seamlessly with others;
- Keep thorough, organized and accessible records relating to vendor management, budget/spend and travel and expenses;
- Remain aware of legal operations industry trends, and identify opportunities to improve processes, share best practices, develop playbooks, training and improve efficiency with the Legal Department;
- Proactively seek out opportunities to improve and enhance the legal/admin process, documentation and systems; and
- Support ad hoc requests for the Legal Department
What you’ll Need to Succeed:
- Experience in having worked in an in-house legal environment within a legal operations team;
- 5 – 8 years’ experience as a legal operations manager, or comparable legal administration and/or management;
- 3 years’ recognized people management experience;
- Ability to clearly, fluently and effectively speak and write in English;
- Experience utilizing data and metrics, as well as superior skills presenting them in different formats like graphs, tables, trends or PowerPoint;
- Ability to manage, coach and develop in a culturally diverse team;
- Excellent organizational skills, demonstrable ownership and accountability with the ability to delegate effectively and to manage projects in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to manage a budget and forecasting; and
- Desire to innovate and drive change: experiment and measure
It’s Great if you have:
- Experience working in APAC and/or other highly diverse and multi-cultural environments;
- Superior organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and a mindset that processes can always be improved;
- Experience of using tools to measure and analyze data; and
- A passion for legal operations (and enjoying working closely with a variety of legal professionals)
How to Apply
Investor Relations & Legal Manager,Avataar.Me,Bengaluru (PQE -5 Years)
We are currently hiring a Manager for our Investor Relations & Legal team who will be responsible for managing all investor deliverables and legal processes with external stakeholders. This person will be involved in the process of creating the appropriate strategy, framework and tactics on the IR & Legal fronts. The position requires excellent communication and interpersonal skills. It also requires the ability to carefully manage relationships outside the company.
Equally important, we are looking for someone who would deeply imbibe Avataar’s culture + values and evangelize the same across the organization. The IR & Legal Manager would closely work with the founders and the business teams to develop and execute strategies to deliver intended outcomes.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Manage a strong reputation by delivering clear communication with external stakeholders
- Develop a robust framework for investor deliverables
- Deliver high quality investor related financial reports in a timely manner
- Devise actionable strategies from investor & client insights
- Build & maintain financial valuation models of the company
- Analyze & present financial trends, shareholder issues and similar business matters
- Drafting and/or negotiating all investor agreements and client contracts
- Work with external legal counsels to ensure compliance on regulatory matters
- Training in Law to a degree level with an MBA being an asset
- Professional who is also entrepreneurial, and has a client-minded focus
- Strong track record in dealing with investors & external counsels while creating positive relations
- Thorough understanding of key metrics for tech start-ups
- Intimately familiar with financial modeling techniques and valuation methods
- Solid knowledge of general business law requirements for a start-up incorporated in India and dealing with global clients across its global offices
- Superb written and verbal communication skills, as well as the ability to draft engaging and impactful presentations for investors
- Must be able to perform in a high-pressure environment, and be able to meet tight deadlines
- Prior experience of 5yrs+ in a similar role is a must
What’s in it for you?
- Extremely competitive compensation (fixed + variable)
- Opportunity to work in a fast growing company with a highly dynamic team
- Unparalleled opportunity to get global investor and client exposure
- Owning primary responsibility to build & deliver in a highly critical function
How to Apply
Legal Assistant,Law Veritas,Bangalore Urban (PQE – 1-2 Years)
Hiring for Legal Associate, Bangalore (Austin Town). NON LITIGATION
Company: LAW VERITAS. Bangalore
The ideal candidate will ensure smooth running of the office and effective case management by providing legal services under the supervision of an attorney
- Provide opinion on property documents
- Original Vetting of the documents
- Locate and develop case relevant information
- Drafting deeds and agreements and MOTDS
- LLB, or equivalent experience
- KANNADA and ENGLISH Knowledge is a must
- Experience in legal assistance
- Familiarity with law, legal procedures, and protocols
Contact Priyanka for any further queries on +91 9986472948 ([email protected])
How to Apply
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here