About Maharajas Government Law College
His Highness The Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam is an institution for undergraduate, graduate and post-graduate legal education in Kochi, Kerala, India. Founded in 1874, it is the first law college in the state of Kerala and also one of the oldest law colleges in India. It is affiliated to the Mahatma Gandhi University in Kottayam. The college is a recognized Research Centre in Law under the Mahatma Gandhi University, Kottayam since 2010. The college’s alumni include Honourable (Retired) Chief Justice of India KG Balakrishnan, Justice K. M. Joseph, Judge, Supreme Court of India and N. R. Madhava Menon, Indian civil servant, Lawyer and Legal educator
About the Moot
The Moot Club, His Highness The Maharajas Government Law College is extremely proud to host our first ever INTERNATIONAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION by accommodating teams from different corners of the world on 26th-28th of November 2021. The International Moot Competition aims to encourage law students to discover and improve their knowledge of international maritime law by arguing a hypothetical case before the Admiralty Court.
Any undergraduate or graduate law student from any recognized university across the world is eligible to participate in the IMC as a Team Member. Only one team can register from the same college.
- Teams are supposed to comprise three Team Members. There will be two speakers and one researcher.
Teams shall apply through their Team Coordinator by sending a provincial registration email to [email protected] containing the following details :
- Name of the Participants (Specify the name of the team coordinator)
- Email of the team members
- University details and Year of Study
- Faculty Letter/ Identification Card of the University confirming the participation of the team.
The provisional registrations are open from 19th September 2021 to 23rd October 2021 (23:59 IST). No registrations after the said date will be accepted. There will be a memorial selection phase.
Each team shall remit a sum of Three Thousand Rupees (Rs. 3000/-) towards registration for National Teams and 50 USD for International Teams, once their memorial has been selected.
For more details on registration and competition go through the moot problem, rules and regulations annexed with this invitation or visit our website:
Any clarifications regarding the competition may be sent to [email protected] with the subject “Request for clarification”.
Dr. Bindu M Nambiar (Principal) – [email protected] / +91 95620 55677
Dr. Joby Bhasker (Co-ordinator) – [email protected] / +91 94952 57090
Ms. Mini Sughathan (Convenor) – [email protected] / +91 94953 22203
Nandini Praveen – [email protected] /+91 9188300258
Anjuman Habeeb – [email protected] / +91 94953 45333
Ann Maria Samuel- [email protected] / +91 83049 45380
Akshai M Sivan – [email protected] / +91 85940 04062
For rules and moot problem of the competition:
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.