About Army Institute of Law
The Army Institute of Law (AIL) was established in July 1999 by the Indian Army under the aegis of the Army Welfare Education Society (AWES) at its interim location at Patiala. In July 2003, the Institute shifted to Sector 68, Mohali. On December 1, 2003, the Mohali Campus was inaugurated by H.E. Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, the then President of India.
The Institute is affiliated to the Punjabi University, Patiala and approved by the Bar Council of India. With ‘Aspire & Achieve’ as its motto, the Institute has grown as a Centre of Excellence in the field of legal education. The Institute is accredited grade ‘B’ by the National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC). AIL has a magnificent residential campus in an impressive architectural structure in the vicinity of Chandigarh and Punjab & Haryana High Court. It conducts a five year BA.LLB and a one year LL.M course.
About the Moot
The Army Institute of Law, Mohali, has designed as a part of its endeavour to provide, facilitate and expose the student community towards criminal law and takes immense pleasure in announcing the 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition, 2021.
The competition is scheduled to be held from 29th – 30th October 2021, on a virtual platform.
The moot will be judged by legal luminaries who have expertise in criminal law. Participation is open for students who are pursuing LLB three year / five year course during the current academic year.
Participation is open for bona-fide students who are either pursuing 3-year L.L.B. course or the 5-year integrated law course during the current academic year. Only one team from each participating college shall be registered for the competition. Each team shall comprise either three members (two Speakers and one Researcher) or two members (two Speakers) only.
- The teams should provisionally register through by sending an email to [email protected] (with subject – Registration for 11th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition) by 30 th September, 2021.
- Only 32 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis.
- Once the provisional registration is confirmed, the Registration Fee: Rs 2500/- (non-refundable) for each participating team, is to be submitted by 5th October, 2021, through online transaction by clicking on the link: CLICK HERE
- Teams are required to send the scanned copy of the receipt of payment of Rs. 2500/- paid using online mode, along with the duly filled registration form and scanned college ID card should be sent on or before 5th October, 2021, via email to [email protected].
- Release of Proposition and Rules: 18th September, 2021
- Deadline for Provisional Registration: 30th September, 2021
- Deadline for submission of registration form and fee: 5th October, 2021
- Deadline for seeking clarifications to propositions: 7th October, 2021
- Release of Clarifications: 9th October, 2021
- Deadline for submission of Memorials (Soft Copy): 20th October, 2021
- Declaration of result of Memorial on or before: 26th October, 2021
- Researcher’s Test: 29th October, 2021
- Rounds (via video-conferencing): 29th– 30th October, 2021
Octa-Quarter finals: 29th October, 2021
Quarterfinals: 29th October 2021
Semi-finals: 30th October, 2021
Finale: 30th October 2021
- Best Team: Rupees 18,000/-
- Runner Up: Rupees 12,000/-
- Third Best Team: Rupees 6,000/-
- Best Memorial: Rupees 9,000/-
- Best Speaker: Rupees 6,000/-
- Best Researcher: Rupees 4000/-
Note: All the Participants will get participation certificates. E-Certificates shall be mailed to the teams within fifteen days from the event.
For further clarifications or queries, you may contact the undersigned Organizing Committee members or else can contact through e-mail at: [email protected]
Ms. Dilisha D Nair: +91 9818519686
Mr. Devyang Bahri: +91 7986784257
For rules and moot problem of the competition: Click Here
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
- 2nd edition of “Nitishastra” Online National Policy Making Competition by Law College Dehradun: Register By Sep 15!
- 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law: Register by Sept 25!
- Amity Law School, Amity University, Uttar Pradesh, Lucknow Campus is organizing the 3rd National Amity Quiz on Constitutional Law (AQCL) on 30th September 2021.
- 2nd HPNLU National Moot Court Competition [October 29-31, 2021]: Register by Sept 22!
- Kanooniyat PIL Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships and Free Workshop): Register by September 19
- Poster Making Competition on “Recovering Better for an Equitable and Sustainable World” by University Institute of Legal Studies (UILS): Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” by FICCI: September 9
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.