The Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab, was established by the State Legislature of Punjab by passing the Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab Act, 2006 (Punjab Act No. 12 of 2006). The Act incorporated a University of Law of national stature in Punjab, to fulfill the need for a Centre of Excellence in legal education in the modern era of globalization and liberalization. RGNUL started functioning from its Headquarters-Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala w.e.f. 26 May 2006.
The University acquired approval of the Bar Council of India (BCI) in July 2006. The University also got registered with the University Grants Commission (UGC), New Delhi under Section 2(f) of the University Grants Commission Act, 1956 and has been declared fit to obtain grant from the (UGC) under Section 12-B of the UGC Act, 1956. RGNUL operated from heritage building of the erstwhile Patiala State, Mohindra Kothi, The Mall, Patiala (from 2006 to 2013) located in the heart of Patiala city in a pollution free environment. The University was accredited with ‘A’ Grade by National Assessment and Accreditation Council (NAAC) in 2015.
RGNUL, Punjab was granted autonomy under UGC Regulations, Clause 5 Dimensions of Autonomy for Category-II Universities in April 2018.The Ministry of Human Resource Development, Government of India, ranked RGNUL the first amongst the cleanest Higher Educational Institutions, Swachh Campus (2019) in the category of Government Residential Universities.
The verdant and spacious campus of RGNUL at Sidhuwal, Bhadson Road, Patiala spreads across an area of 50 Acres of land. The state-of-the-art Campus has an Administrative-cum-Academic Block, Library, Auditorium, Sports Complex, Boys and Girls Hostels, Guest House, Community Hall, Health Centre, Residences, Stadium, Gymnasium, Canteen and facility area. RGNUL is a residential campus. The hostels have modern amenities including air conditioning of each room. There is also provision of apartments for faculty members and staff. The air conditioned university library of RGNUL is an example of excellence. With world class library services and rich collection of books and journals, this computerized Wi-Fi library has on its shelves more than 39000 volumes which include a comprehensive array of legal resources in both print and electronic formats. The library also has subscription of 109 periodicals.
The University has set up seventeen centres of research. These include, Centre for Advanced Study in Criminal Law (CASCL); Centre for Consumer Protection Law and Advocacy (CCPLA); Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH); Centre for Advaced Studies in Human Rights (CASIHR); Centre for Advanced Studies in Labour Welfare (CASLW),Centre for Environmental Legal Studies (CELS), Centre for Advanced Studies in Energy Laws (CASEL),Centre for Alternative Dispute Resolution (CADR), Centre for Constitutional Law and Governance (CCLG), Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), Centre for Innovation and Intellectual Property Rights (CIIPR) and Centre for Business Laws and Taxation (CBLT). School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE); School of Social Sciences and Interdisciplinary Studies (SSSIS); RGNUL Institute for Competitive Examination (RICE) and Directorate of Distance Education (DODE) have also been established. The objective of these Centres is to undertake advanced study and research in the emerging areas of the respective fields, independently or in collaboration with professional institutions at the national or international levels; to bring about publications and produce study material in the respective fields of knowledge; organize seminars, workshops and conferences on contemporary and significant issues. IGNOU School of Law is also functional at RGNUL.
About the CCLG, RGNUL
The Centre for Constitutional Law and Governance, RGNUL is an interdisciplinary centre, established with a vision to contribute to the study, research and understanding of constitutional law and governance. The centre facilitates the students to participate in events and engages them in free and meaningful debates in the field of constitutional law and governance
About the Lecture
Centre for Constitutional Law and Governance, RGNUL in collaboration with Internal Quality Assurance Cell, RGNUL on the solemn occasion of Gandhi Jayanti invites you for an online lecture on the topic “Historical Survey of Child Rights Law in India.”
1. Mr. Priyank Kanoongo- Chairperson, National Commission for Protection of Child Rights.
2. Mr. Anant Kumar Asthana- Advocate, Delhi High Court & Member, Core Group on Children, National Human Rights Commission.
- 02nd October 2021 || Saturday
Time: 11:45 AM
Platform: Cisco WebEx
For queries, please write to [email protected]
You may also contact: Shubham (+91 8182005532), Mridull (+91 9086345345)
- Call for Papers | Volume II of the NLIU Journal for Labour and Employment Law (JLEL) | Centre for Labour Law (CLL) at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal: Submit by Oct 31
- 7th National Client Consultation Competition by School Of Law, The Northcap University: Register by Oct 12!
- MAIMS 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2021 [November 26th -28th]: Register by 25th October 2021
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Patent & Designs process by School of Law Navrachana University X NIIPM Nagpur: October 9
- MediateGuru Mediation School – Batch 1 starts on 13th November 2021: Register by Nov 10!
- National Online Quiz Competition “Know Your Forces” by UILS, Panjab University: Register by October 5!
- Student of The Year (Chapter 2) by LawInternships (No Registration Fee): Register by October 24!
- Webinar on “Collective Administration of Copyright in India” by the DPIIT-IPR Chair & IQAC Cell of NLUJAA: September 27
- Third National IPR Online Quiz Competition by DSNLU: Register by Oct 19!
- IInd Edition of Virtual Model United Nations by University Law College, Bangalore from 8th – 10th October 2021: Register Now!
- HerForum The Huddle with Megha Bhagat on Social Entrepreneurship: Sept 25!
- SURAINA 2.0 by National Service Scheme X Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Register by Oct 22!
- 1st Edition of Law Fiesta, “JUSTITIA”: The Virtual Lex Fiesta 2021 by Centre for Legal Studies, Gitarattan International Business School [Oct 26-29]: Register by Oct 9!
- International Webinar on – Why Lawyers should know “Law and Economics”? by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 29
- Video Making Competition by DLSA North-West Delhi X VIPS: Register by October 3
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.