About National Law Institute University, Bhopal
The National Law Institute University has been successful in instilling a sense of broad perspective along with scholastic and reflexive capabilities bearing in mind larger national and humanitarian goals in its students Legal education never received the attention it deserved in this country. It is a paradox that the Constitution ushered in the ideal of rule of law and adopted the policy of development through law but little attention was paid to legal studies. For almost half a century study of law in Indian Universities has been in doldrums. It was increasingly realised by the professionals and academicians that the system of law teaching was thoroughly inadequate, unimaginative and divorced from the major public issues of the day but attempts to change have that have been few and far between.
It goes to the credit of Madhya Pradesh Government to realise that the policy of globalisation and liberalisation opened up new economic and developmental opportunities for the people. Trans-national and supranational regimes threw new challenges as much to economics and finance as to law and the legal profession. A trained cadre of dedicated and informed lawyers is needed to take up the responsibilities generated by the new developments all over the world.
The NLIU-JLEL is a peer-reviewed annual labour and employment law journal which aims to create meaningful debate and discourse to build a fair and equitable regime of workspace laws and to study the dynamic confluence of the academic and the human resource represented by such laws.
We welcome original, genuine and unpublished contributions from students, academicians and practitioners for the Journal. The Journal is accepting submissions under the broad theme of “Labour and Employment Laws” including inter alia industrial disputes, discrimination, gig economy, exploitation, minimum wage, restraint of trade, and whistleblowing. However, the submissions must be of contemporary relevance.
Categories of Submissions
The submission can be made under any of the following categories:
- Articles (4000 to 8000 words) The article must be a comprehensive and in-depth analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Essays (2000 to 4000 words) The essay must be an analysis of the problem(s) or idea(s) dealt with by the author and should include references to a range of sources and contributions in the form of alternatives and suggestions. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Case Comment (2000 to 5000 words) The comment must be a critical analysis of a recent judgement, bringing out its relevance in light of development of laws, views expressed in the judgement and views of the author(s). The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Book Review (1000 to 3000 words) The review must be a crisp account of a recently published book including the issues explored and the related arguments of the author. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
- Legislative Comment (2000 to 4000 words) The comment must analyse a recent legislative enactment. It must examine the objective of the legislation and the legal impact the same is expected to have. The word limit is exclusive of footnotes.
(NOTE: Submissions in the categories of Book Review(s), Case Comment(s) and Legislative Comment(s) will be highly appreciated.)
- All original submissions must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words which is exclusive of the word limit and should be included within the document of the manuscript. A separate document containing only the Abstract must also be submitted. The abstract must expressly include the novelty and usefulness of the idea that the author wishes to put forth and must categorically mention the specific contribution of the submission, beyond the existing available literature, the practical utility of their recommendation. The abstract must also contain 5 keywords at the end.
- All submissions must be in MS Word format (.doc) or (.docx), with Times New Roman font (body: size 12, line spacing: 1.50; footnotes: size 10, line spacing: 1.00).
- The Journal uses only footnotes (and not endnotes) as a method of citation. The footnotes must conform to the Oxford Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA, 4th Edition). Non-compliance with this may lead to disqualification.
- The submissions made should not be plagiarised. Any submission in contravention of this rule shall be summarily rejected.
- The manuscript itself must not contain any information as to the name(s) of the author(s), the institution, address or any other information that may reveal or indicate their identity.
- Co-authorship is permitted for up to 2 authors. However, co-authorship is not allowed in case of Case Comment, Book Review and Legislative Comment.
- Submissions are accepted for publication on the condition that they do not infringe the copyright or any other rights of any third parties. If the submission is found to be violative of any of the rights of the other party, the author(s) shall be solely responsible for such violation.
- Submissions made should be on an exclusive basis i.e., submission should be unpublished and should not be under any concurrent consideration.
- The editorial board reserves its rights to suggest changes/make amends/request to add or delete any portion in the submitted manuscript, based upon the discretion of the editor. The author(s) are supposed to incorporate the suggested changes within the specified time limit.
- All submissions must be made on this form only, before 23:59 hours, 31st October 2021.
- If the manuscript is selected for publication, the Centre for Labour Laws will have the copyright over the same, and the authors will be granted the moral rights for the same.
Please visit here for more details about the call for papers.
The previous Volume of NLIU-JLEL (Soft Copy) can be accessed at this link.
Any doubts relating to the submissions for NLIU-Journal for Labour and Employment Law must be addressed to [email protected] with a subject line “Query Journal for Labour & Employment Law”.
- 7th National Client Consultation Competition by School Of Law, The Northcap University: Register by Oct 12!
- MAIMS 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2021 [November 26th -28th]: Register by 25th October 2021
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Patent & Designs process by School of Law Navrachana University X NIIPM Nagpur: October 9
- MediateGuru Mediation School – Batch 1 starts on 13th November 2021: Register by Nov 10!
- National Online Quiz Competition “Know Your Forces” by UILS, Panjab University: Register by October 5!
- Student of The Year (Chapter 2) by LawInternships (No Registration Fee): Register by October 24!
- Webinar on “Collective Administration of Copyright in India” by the DPIIT-IPR Chair & IQAC Cell of NLUJAA: September 27
- Third National IPR Online Quiz Competition by DSNLU: Register by Oct 19!
- IInd Edition of Virtual Model United Nations by University Law College, Bangalore from 8th – 10th October 2021: Register Now!
- HerForum The Huddle with Megha Bhagat on Social Entrepreneurship: Sept 25!
- SURAINA 2.0 by National Service Scheme X Guru Gobind Singh Indraprastha University: Register by Oct 22!
- 1st Edition of Law Fiesta, “JUSTITIA”: The Virtual Lex Fiesta 2021 by Centre for Legal Studies, Gitarattan International Business School [Oct 26-29]: Register by Oct 9!
- International Webinar on – Why Lawyers should know “Law and Economics”? by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 29
- Video Making Competition by DLSA North-West Delhi X VIPS: Register by October 3
- PIMUN (Prestige International Model United Nations) by Department of Law, PIMR, Indore: Register by October 6, 2021
- DEBATE COMPETITION 2021 on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue: Register by October 21, 2021
- International Conference on ‘Future of ADR: Contemporary Issues and Challenges’ by HPNLU, Shimla [Nov 27-28]: Submit by Nov 1
- One Week National Workshop on “Right to Information: A Revolutionary Law by RGNUL: 6th- 12th October 2021
- Ist International Moot Court Competition by Maharajas Government Law College, Ernakulam: Register by October 23!
- 11th Edition of the Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2021, by Army Institute of Law, Mohali: Register by September 30!
- “International Webinar on India’s Act East Policy” by NLUJAA X Delhi University: Register by September 25!
- 14th Online National Quiz Competition on Indian Penal Code by Legis Scriptor: Register by October 2!
- Call for Papers | Indian Journal Of Intellectual Property, NALSAR: Submit by November 20!
- Live Webinar on Legal Research, Bare Act Reading, And Drafting Legal Notice by Legality Viability: September 19
- One Day Lecture on “Carbon Credits and Risk Assessment in Energy Projects” by RGNUL: September 21
- Call for Blogs | Centre for Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL: Rolling Submission
- National Online Cartoon Making Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 30!
- Webinar on “How to Fight Against the false Criminal Case” by Justvocates: Sept 18!
- National Online Criminal Law Quiz Competition by UILS, Panjab University: Register by Sept 21!
- Webinar Series On Arbitration by Iuris Jura: Register Now!
- 1st National Bail Application and Argumentation Competition by Thakur Ramnarayan College of Law: Register by October 15!
- 1st AMITY NATIONAL TRIAL ADVOCACY COMPETITION, 2021 by AMITY LAW SCHOOL’S STUDENT BAR FORUM: Register by October 2!
- Certificate Program in “Advance IPR” by ILS, Pune: Register by September 20!
- 3rd Wildlife Protection Government Law College National Online Moot Court Competition 2021 by GLC Mumbai: Register by September 26!
- Call for Papers: HPNLU Centre for Alternate Dispute Resolutions and Professional Skill’s e-Newsletter [Issue III]: Submit by October 15!
- 21st NATIONAL CLIENT CONSULTING (SECOND VIRTUAL) COMPETITION 2021 by KERALA LAW ACADEMY: Register by October 25!
- 4TH NATIONAL ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION by RGNUL: Register by October 10!
- Call for Blogs by IBC16: Rolling Submissions
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.