About Adv Akaant K M
Akaant K M is a litigating lawyer practising primarily in the Constitutional Courts and the National Company Law Tribunals in Delhi and Chandigarh. He was enrolled as an Advocate in 2016 and since graduation, has been an active law practitioner in the subject area of insolvency law, civil and commercial writ petitions, criminal appeals, regular second appeals in civil matters, and regular and anticipatory bails. He is also empaneled with Markfed, Milkfed and Dept of Local Government Punjab.
As an active member of the civil society, he impugned the constitutional vires of the Service Rules for Home Peons and secured the compliance of the Minimum Wages Act. He had also been a Para Legal Volunteer for the District Legal Services Authority (Sangrur). During his tenure as a member of the Legal Services Committee at the law school in the year 2013-14, he had secured release of two accused in respective cases, who despite being granted bail were still languishing in the jail.
He was elected as the Executive Member by the Punjab and Haryana Bar Association in 2018 and during law school, served as the Convener of the Moot Court Committee in the year 2015-16.
With a keen interest in legal research and discipline, he has qualified the UGC – NET (National Eligibility Test) exam in 2018. He has written several research articles published in several reputed journals. He had also undertaken an empirical study titled “Community Service An Alternative Form of Punishment” published by LNJN National Institute of Criminology and Forensic Science (under the Ministry of Home Affairs, Govt of India).
In 2020, Akaant authored an extensive commentary on “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code – Law and Practice” published by EBC Publications. He is also an active contributor on his blog obiterndictum.wordpress.com and an expert columnist at SCC Online.
Currently, he is also a Visiting Faculty at NUJS, Kolkata.
About the Legal Research Assistant Opportunity
There are openings for internships in my office. Apart from the regular litigation work, I am currently working on the 2nd edition of my commentary on the “Insolvency and Bankruptcy Code“. The first edition was published by EBC Publishers and the link of the same is in the comments.
The research assistants are to assist me in drafting, research, and editing. The work of the interns will be classified as research assistance.
Since the semester has already started, students who are not otherwise engaged in co-curricular work will be given preference.
The duration of work will be ranging from 8 to 12 weeks depending on the willingness of the research assistant.
The research assistantship will be exclusively ONLINE and shall commence as soon as the list of selected students is released.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates may send their updated resumes at Adv (Ms) Divya Sharma at [[email protected]] by 23:59 hours on 14th October 2021 (Thursday). Please note that shortlisted students may also be called for an interview to gauge their interest in the topic.
- Online Short Term Internship Programme (with Stipend) November 2021 by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC): Apply by Oct 19!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at GnS Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Campus Activewear Pvt Ltd, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indospirit New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Propelld, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawyered, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Abhinav Mishra: Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Reliance General Insurance: Apply Now!
- Indirect Taxes Internship Scheme, 2021 by Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, Ministry of Finance: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Blackberrys Menswear: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at SDS Advocates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Airmeet: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IP Bulletin: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thukral Law Associates: Apply Now!
- Think India’s Research Assistantship under Dr. Aniruddha Rajput (Member, International Law Commission (2017-2021): Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at ANB Legal (Corporate Commercial Team), Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at J & G Associates: Apply Now!
- Research Associate under Krusha Bhatt (Lecturer, JGLS): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TechPose India: Apply Now!
- Legal Reporter/Writer (Part-time) at MxMIndia: Apply by Oct 7!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Cred: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Inovatree Consultants LLP: Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at JK Tech, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mantavya Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Skywards Law, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Dave and Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Research Associates with Mithali Agarwal ( 3rd Year and above): Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AKJ Attorneys & Solicitors LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TM Ventures Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IndiGrid, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at P & P Associates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Geeta Kanwar: Apply Now!
- Research Associate at Sigma Chambers, Advocates and Solicitors: Apply Now!
- Winter Internship at Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice ( Nov-Dec): Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Invest India: Apply by September 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sapphire & Sage – Law Offices: Apply by September 27!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Gaurav H Sethi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Alpha AI: Apply by Sept 30!
- Internship Opportunity at Delhi Skill & Entrepreneurship University (DSEU): Apply by September 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity ( With Stipend) at LegalPay: Apply Now!
- Online Legal Internship Opportunity with Adv. Ashish Panday [Delhi High Court]: Applications Open
- Research Intern at D91 Labs (an Initiative by Setu) with Stipend: Apply Now
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.