About Gujarat National Law
The GNLU Act 2003 proclaims that GNLU, “shall be to advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of law and legal processes and their role in national development: to develop in the students and the research scholars sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, legal services, legislation, parliamentary practice, law reforms and such other matters; to make law and legal processes efficient instruments of social development; and to promote inter-disciplinary study of law in relation to management, technology, international cooperation and development.”
The ethos of imparting education in Gujarat National Law University comprises a mutual endeavour of the Faculty and the students who become part of our august family after clearing the hurdle of a rigorous and strenuous selection procedure, since only the cream of the country finds a place amidst us. The University has been in the process of striving for academic and professional excellence in the field of legal studies in the country. The University became functional from the year, 2004. Our teaching methodology and the student response to it can be safely summarized as being par excellence. Our student fraternity has won us laurels in the various spheres of national and international moot court competitions, paper presentations and various cultural activities. We strive for an all round and inter-disciplinary academic excellence in sync with the other National Law Schools of the country.
Since its inception, the University has been holding regular in-house Moot Court competitions, after which meritorious students are sent abroad for participating in Moot Court jamborees. The hub of activity be credited to our Moot Court Committee and the Legal Aid Clinic, which have developed a workable and efficient interface with the industry and the Judiciary to the satisfaction of all.
As we persist in our academic endeavours, it won’t be an overstatement to say that our University will become a leader in the sphere of legal education in the country. Our founding motto too objectifies the ideal of, “Let all good and noble thoughts come to us from all directions”, which is a hymn from the Rig Veda. We, the fraternity of Gujarat National Law University aim at homogenization of all trends and civilization patterns by inculcating in our students, an appreciation of other cultures and regions of the country in all its homogeneity.
About the Centre
Recognizing that a comprehensive appreciation of the technicalities, complexities and patterns of criminal law are indispensable for realizing the goals of the law, the Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar established the Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Sciences (GCRCJS). It is a centre dedicated to researching the niche area of Criminal Law. The centre provides a platform for a holistic research environment and aims to further knowledge and academic discussions about the multifaceted dimensions of criminal sciences.
About the Speaker
Mr. Bharat Chugh is an independent counsel practicing in the Supreme Court of India. After graduating with a degree in law from Jamia Milla Islamia in 2011, he secured first rank in the Delhi Judicial Services Exam in 2013 and was appointed as a magistrate. After resigning from judgeship in 2016, Mr. Chugh served as a partner at L&L partners, acted as an amicus curiae in several criminal cases and has been a resource person for various prominent institutions. He is an avid reader and often writes on legal issued for various blogs like SCCOnline etc. He is also a member of the YSIAC Steering Committee (Singapore International Arbitration Centre).
Admissibility of electronic evidences
15th October 2021 (Friday)
Kindly register for the webinar here. After the form is filled, the participant shall receive the details to join the session on the Email ID provided.
For any further queries regarding the event please contact us at [email protected].
*Kindly take note that no certificate shall be provided to the attendees, nor shall any request in this regard be entertained.
- Call for Papers Volume 2 | Issue 1: National Journal for Legal Research and Innovative Ideas (NJLRII) [ISSN(O):2582-8665] | No Publication Fees: Submit by Nov 25!
- Lecture on “Adjudicating Bias: Stereotypes, Gender and Courts” By Ms. Jhuma Sen X Constitutional Law Society, NLUO: Oct 22!
- First Edition of International UILS Negotiation Competition By UILS, Panjab University: Register by Oct 25!
- Webinar on “Privacy as a Constitutional Tort” By School of Law, Mahindra University: Register Now!
- One-Week Multidisciplinary Workshop on “Interfaith and International Humanitarian Law” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘How the Law and Legal System in India has Failed to Deliver Justice” By Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH), RGNUL: Register Now!
- Webinar Series On “Contemporary Developments In Human Rights” Conducted By ILPS NLUO In Collab With HRLN: Register Now!
- Public Discussion on “Corporate Classics: A Roadmap ” by Samvaad: The Discussion Forum: Register Now!
- Essay Writing Competition – by Centre for Advanced Study in Criminal Law at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law (RGNUL), Punjab: Submit Now!
- 4 Days Online Workshop on “IPR Drafting in India” by World Cyber Security Forum (WCSF): Register by October 13!
- 12th National Moot Court Competition, 2021 (Virtual) by School of Law, Christ University: Register by October 17!
- Mediation and Client Counselling Competition 2021 by ICFAI Law School, Hyderabad: Register by October 15!
- Padma Vibhushan N. A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition, 2021 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by October 15!
- Call for Papers | Indonesian Journal of Law and Society Volume 3 Issue 1 (March 2022): Submit by December 10!
- Webinar on “Understanding due diligence process in IPR” by Vidhi Parivartan: Apply Now!
- LedX Debate Competition: Register by Oct 10!
- 7th Prof. N. R. Madhava Menon Asian Jural Conclave, 2021-22 by Lloyd Law College: Register by Oct 20!
- Online Legal Quiz Competition on “India After Independence” by Lex Repository: Register by Oct 15!
- Online Legal Quiz Competition 2021 by Lex Repository: Register by Oct 15!
- Webinar on “Tips for Drafting Legal Resume & Cover Letter” by Law Gardner : Oct 8!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- National Conference by CCCL, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad: Submit by Oct 18!
- National Discussion On ‘Challenges In Online Contracts: An International Perspective” by CCCL, Symbiosis Law School, Hyderabad: Register by Oct 11!
- Justice N. Santosh Hegde National Moot Court Competition (Online 29th-30th Oct 2021) by Alliance University: Register by Oct 20!
- Online National Level Legal Quiz Competition by Maharaja Agrasen School of Law: Register by Oct 15!
- Two Days Professional Workshop Cum Capsule Course on The Basics of Trademark & Patent by IJALR: Register by Oct 9!
- Call For Blogs| NLUO’s CPAJ Newsletter: Submit by Nov 28!
- Vidhi Parivartan’s Webinar On “Career And Future Prospects In Cyber Law In India”: Oct 3
- Webinar on “Traditional Knowledge as Intellectual Property: Opportunities and Challenges at the International Level” by Microsoft- IPR Chair-GNLU and DPIIT IPR Chair-GNLU: Oct 13
- Online Lecture on “Historical Survey of Child Rights Law in India” by Centre For Constitutional Law & Governance, RGNUL in collaboration with Internal Quality Assurance Cell, RGNUL: Oct 02
- Call for Papers | Volume II of the NLIU Journal for Labour and Employment Law (JLEL) | Centre for Labour Law (CLL) at the National Law Institute University, Bhopal: Submit by Oct 31
- 7th National Client Consultation Competition by School Of Law, The Northcap University: Register by Oct 12!
- MAIMS 2nd National Moot Court Competition, 2021 [November 26th -28th]: Register by 25th October 2021
- Workshop on Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) – Patent & Designs process by School of Law Navrachana University X NIIPM Nagpur: October 9
- MediateGuru Mediation School – Batch 1 starts on 13th November 2021: Register by Nov 10!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.