Here you will find legal jobs primarily based in India. We update this list daily. To see legal jobs that we posted yesterday and before, click here and scroll. If you are a recruiter, click here to send us your job vacancy.
Note for job seekers: Here is a list of what we do not do:
- We do not manage applications for these legal jobs.
- We do not monitor deadlines, which means that vacancies posted a few days ago might have been closed.
Legal Jobs – Jan 21, 2022
Associate-Legal & Risk,LegalPay, New Delhi(PQE: 1-3 year)
About the job
LegalPay is the only formal player in India focused on third-party litigation funding (TPF). We do a non-recourse investment in commercial legal claims. LegalPay is backed by a passionate team that includes core-team having prior experience of founding a LegalTech startup; marquee investors and international veterans.
As LegalPay continues to grow, we are looking for talented legal and risk resources to add to our legal and risk underwriting team. The legal and risk underwriting team strives to mitigate or minimize legal, economic, reputational, and collection risks for all invested partners by implementing stringent underwriting and case-selection processes, as well as rigorous portfolio construction and monitoring. LegalPay values rigorous thinking, clear communication, and efficient execution and is committed to an inclusive workplace culture.
• Legal research and due-diligence on litigation cases, more particularly commercial suits and arbitration
• Astute understanding of commercial litigation and arbitration in India in case including Breach of Contract, Payment Disputes, International Arbitration, Insolvency and Bankruptcy
• Conceptual understanding of Third Party Litigation Funding
• Understanding how NCLTs work in India
• Analyse legal and financial data to generate insights to drive investment decisions
• Real-time negotiation with plaintiffs and attorneys over investment terms and pricing
• Preparation and presentation of investment memos
• Build and maintain relationships with channel partners and potential clients/businesses to increase LegalPay’s opportunities
• Abreast with through understanding of the legal landscape in India
• Managing and improving technology initiatives to improve internal processes
• Creating and validating experiments to create new business efficiencies
Ideal candidate should:
• Have a passion to learn, ability to multi task and willingness to work in situations that involve tight deadlines
• Be self-directed, go-getter willing to roll-up sleeves and make things happen; able to work autonomously as well as a geographically dispersed team
• Be comfortable to work in an unstructured environment and meritocratic culture
• Be Culture-focused, bringing enthusiasm and offering up new ideas
• Have excellent interpersonal/people skills; passion for collaboration and ability to build strong relationships; both with and outside LegalPay
• Possess superior report writing, communication and presentation skills
• Be highly organized, with a committed work ethic and strong attention to detail
Qualifications & Experience
• 1-3 years of experience working for a tier-1 law firm, corporate legal department, or other professional firms
• Preference will be given to the candidates practicing in courts and more particularly engaged in handling commercial suits and arbitration.
• Deep understanding of commercial laws, arbitration laws and their implications
• Advanced proficiency with MS Office
Pay Scale – as per Industry standards. However, candidates are requested to mention their current and expected salary in their CVs.
All those who fit the mentioned criterion and are interested to apply, please share your CV at [email protected]
Associate,Airavat Chambers,Mumbai(PQE: 2-5 Years)
Airavat Chambers, a boutique dispute resolution law firm based in Mumbai, is looking to hire a 2-5 years PQE lawyer for an Associate position.
Overview of the Role:
The role involves assisting the partners with diverse dispute resolution work (civil, criminal, insolvency, corporate, real estate, electricity law and so on).
The firm, on its part, will provide professional yet flexible work environment and a platform for the candidate’s growth as a lawyer.
1. 2-5 years PQE.
2. The candidate must have good drafting and research skills.
The screening would consist of a two stage process based on CV and interview respectively
Based on an assessment of the candidate’s qualifications and skills, the firm will offer remuneration as per market standards.
Litigation Associate,Amarjit Associates LLP ,Gurugram(PQE: 5 to 7 years)
We are an Intellectual Property Law boutique firm. This job application is for a vacancy at our Gurgaon Office.
We are seeking an Associate with 5 to 7 years PQE to join our Litigation team.
Requirements are as follows –
Language: Excellent written and spoken command of English language is essential.
Bar Qualification: Admission with Bar Council is mandatory. Kindly indicate your enrolment ID in your cover letter.
Experience: A prior firm experience managing and handling litigation concerning Intellectual Property disputes is highly advantageous and would be given preference. Experience in managing suits under the Commercial Courts Act is desirable. Knowledge of Civil Procedure is mandatory. Practitioners with prior Intellectual Property experience and exposure would be preferred.
Computer skills: Experience and competency with basic programs such as Microsoft Word, Excel, etc. is essential.
Sheer Commitment and Willingness to learn/imbibe: We are looking for highly motivated individuals with a career inclination towards Intellectual Property practice.
The role includes carrying out the following functions:
(a) advising on all kinds of intellectual property disputes, including preliminary analysis and long-term expectations from a case;
(b) attending to and managing day to day issues before the Courts, including, administrative hearings before the IPO;
(c) drafting pleadings, applications and replies thereto for ongoing and fresh matters, including, preparation of plaint, written statements, interlocutory applications, replies, etc;
(d) briefing Senior Advocates for urgent reliefs in a time-bound manner;
(e) conducting legal research to develop arguments to be presented before the Bench;
(f) case law analysis for opinion writing and guiding the direction of the proceedings;
(g) participating in the enforcement of intellectual property rights;
(h) contributing to the Firm’s blog;
(i) conducting legal research;
(j) working with the Firm’s team of IP professionals;
(k) developing and putting in place IP protection strategies for clients;
(l) reporting to the senior management all relevant and material developments in the practice and client relationships.
Remuneration: Industry standard / Competitive (Kindly indicate your expectation in your cover letter.)
The candidates are encouraged to provide a Cover Letter along with their CVs indicating their past experience and how they are a good fit for this vacancy. Please keep your cover letter to a maximum of one page and send it to Mr. Gurpreet Singh ([email protected]) and Mr. Yashvardhan Rana ([email protected]).
Please also note that the candidate will be required to work full-time at our Gurugram (Gurgaon) Office.
litigation lawyer, CriTaxCorp, Central Delhi (PQE -1 Years)
Looking for a litigation lawyer with following abilities-
1.Candidate should have a litigation experience of more than 1 year.
2.Candidate must have good drafting skills and court craft.
- Candidate should be responsible and sincere about this job.
- The candidate should have excellent command and accuracy over written and speaking English.
Joining- Immediate basis
Salary- As per firm norms.
Location- Central Delhi
R514, Pamposh Road, New Rajender Nagar, New Delhi-110060
Interested candidates can share their resumes at [email protected].
Legal Associate,Adab Singh Kapoor & Associates,New Delhi (PQE -3+ Years)
- Legal drafting of petitions, complaints, appeals and miscellaneous applications
- Legal research
- Due diligence and drafting / vetting of legal documents, contracts and agreements
- Representation in Courts (litigation)
- 3+ years of previous experience / practice in the Delhi High Court, NCLT, DRT, and in civil and commercial litigation (including, inter alia, ADR mechanisms, company law, insolvency and bankruptcy)
- Substantial experience in drafting, inter alia, SLPs, writ petitions, appeals, revision petitions, transfer petitions, complaints, evidence affidavits, civil suits, written statements / replies, replications / rejoinders, written submissions, admission / denial affidavits, and statements of claim among other pleadings.
- LLB degree or its equivalent
- 3+ years of professional working experience in litigation in Delhi NCR
- Strong command over English, communication and pleading skills
- Publications in legal journals / websites
Legal Associate,M Mulla Associates,Mumbai( PQE- 3/4 Years)
M Mulla Associates is looking for an associate (PQ : 3/4 years) for it’s Non litigation team. Salary as per industry. Location – Mumbai.
Interested candidates please send your resumes along with cover letter to [email protected]
Associate, Senior Associate & Principal Associate,leading law firm,Mumbai & Delhi( PQE-2-3 Years)
A leading law firm is hiring for the position of Associate, Senior Associate & Principal Associate
Location: Mumbai & Delhi
Practice area: Capital Markets
PQE: 2-3 years + (starting)
For more information & confidential discussion, please reach out to me at [email protected] with the subject line “Associates-Capital markets”
Human Elevation (HE)
Assistant Manager (Legal) ,Hindustan Power Projects ( PQE- 2-4+ Year)
Looking forward to connect with Legal professionals who can join us at various portfolios in Thermal Legal Team. This role requires work from office.
- Sr Manager to GM,
Exp : 8 Yrs -12 Yrs,
Positions: 2 Nos.
- Assistant Manager- Deputy Manager
Exp : 2-4 Yrs,
Positions: 2 Nos.
- Legal Trainees –
Positions : 2 Nos.
If you are interested in these exciting opportunities, please send me your resume at [email protected]
The roles and responsibilities include, but not limited to the followings;
- Transaction Legal
- General Corporate
- Supporting Contracts, Finance, Accounts, Business and Regulatory teams in re of their external contracts, communications.
- Drafting, Reviewing, Negotiating and standardisation of the contracts.
- Supporting the business teams in assisting all letters/ mails with external stakeholders, particularly Government agencies related to PPAs.
- Supporting business teams in assessing and analyzing the claims and potential claims.
- Initiating the regulatory proceedings in conjunction with the regulatory and business teams.
- Assisting in industry/association related correspondence and communication.
- Reviewing the draft policies and analyzing the risk and bankability issues of policies.
- Assisting in the ongoing regulatory proceedings.
Education Mandatory – L.L.B,
Desirable – L.L.M
· Knowledge and working experience in regulatory
Preferably Knowledge and Skill set
- Policy advocacy
- Contract management Behavioural Competencies
- Team Player
- Clear Communication
- Learning and Listening agility
Assistant Manager – Legal ,Bharat Electronics,New Delhi( PQE-4+ Year)
Post : Assistant Manager (Legal) – E-III Grade
Qualification : Bachelor’s Degree in Law (LL.B / B.L) from recognized Indian University
and approved by Bar Council of India, New Delhi. Candidates with LLM will be preferred.
Pay Scale : 50,000 – 3% – 1,60,000 CTC: 14 lacs (approx.)
Relevant post-qualification experience:
? Working knowledge in Labour Courts / Tribunals / Conciliations, Labour laws, RTI Act etc. Candidates
who have handled Labour matters will be preferred.
? Basic knowledge of Practice & Procedure in Civil, Criminal proceedings;
? Drafting : Preparing, reviewing, vetting of statements to be filed in various Labour courts / Tribunals
Reviewing and Vetting of Agreements / Contracts such as Lease deed, Sale Deed, Service Agreement,
Security bond, Indemnity bond, Guarantee Bond, Non-Disclosure Agreement; Memorandum of
? Good Negotiation Skills; and
? Liaison with external legal counsel for legal opinion on specific issues.
? Candidate must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills
? Conversant in use of computers and MS Office Tools.
For more details and how to apply, CLICK HERE
Law Officer, THE NAINITAL BANK LIMITED, Nainital ( PQE-2 Year)
Having passed 3/5 years professional degree in Law with minimum of 55% marks from a recognized University/Institute.
Preference will be given to candidates having 2 or more years of experience in the requisite field.
For more info and how to apply, CLICK HERE
Professor/Associate Professor/Assistant Professor ,Rajiv Gandhi School Of Intellectual Property Law, IIT Kharagpur.
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill up posts of Professor, Associate Professor and Assistant Professor in Rajiv Gandhi School Of Intellectual Property Law. For more details and how to Apply, CLICK HERE
PLegal Associate,Arclegal, Delhi (PQE – 0-02 Years)
Looking to hire Legal Associate at Arclegal in Delhi. Candidates with 0-02 years PQE that have interest and expertise in company law litigation can reach out to me on [email protected] for further details.
PA ,Law Firm, Mumbai
A leading law firm in Mumbai is looking to hire PA/SA for their Litigation practice, Drafting independently, experience in Civil suites, Commercial Cases, Arbitration, Maritime Laws, IBC Litigation. Interested candidates can write to me at [email protected]
Research Scholar,Judicial Academy Jharkhand, Ranchi( PQE-n/a Year)
Applications are invited from eligible candidates to fill up the existing the
following two purely contractual vacancies for the post of Research Scholar in the
consolidated pay of Rs. 50,000/- per month.
1 Research Scholar (Civil Law) 01
2 Research Scholar (Corporate and other Laws) 01
Associate, Tanuj Agrawal and Associates, New Delhi ( PQE- 2 Year)
Vacancy for a full time lawyer at Tanuj Agrawal and Associates
2 years, PQE
As per industry standards.
E-276 East of Kailash, New Delhi
Please send your resume at [email protected].
To view jobs posted on previous days, click here
Join our WhatsApp group to get notified of these jobs immediately.