About the MX Player, Mumbai
MX Player is the world’s best video player, and now it’s one of India’s largest streaming platforms. Watch your favorite TV Shows, MX Original Series, Web Shows, Movies, Sports, Music Videos, Live TV Channels, International Shows and much more for free. Enjoy everything in entertainment now in one app.
MX Player, the world’s best video player, and now it’s one of India’s largest streaming platforms is looking to hire a Legal Manager for their Mumbai Office.
Key Responsibilities and Accountability
- Support the Legal and Business affairs teams with ongoing work streams
- Due Diligence for acquisition of content, production of content, highlighting risks involved, and close all documentation and agreements towards this purpose.
- The educating, implementation and enforcement of best practices and compliance requirements as part of the Legal and Business affairs.
- Structure effectively, draft, vet and negotiate the wide spectrum of media agreements including production and content acquisition/distribution.
- Ensuring company’s interest is well secured while handling agreements.
- Regular communication with respective business teams, identify and address legal issues associated with copyright protection and enforcement.
- Oversee and supervise all work sent to outside counsel for litigation matters.
Skills & Competencies
- Thorough knowledge of intellectual property, entertainment and media laws.
- Excellent drafting skills.
- The ability to analyze complex legal problems quickly and concisely.
- Exceptionally strong written and oral communication skills with the ability to tailor communication styles to diverse audiences.
- Understanding the changing nature of media and digital industry and the copyright law regime.
- LLB / LLM degree with minimum 5-6 years of work experience preferably in the Entertainment/ OTT / Media industry