Established in 1927, FICCI is the largest and oldest apex business organisation in India. Its history is closely interwoven with India’s struggle for independence, its industrialization, and its emergence as one of the most rapidly growing global economies.
A non-government, not-for-profit organisation, FICCI is the voice of India’s business and industry. From influencing policy to encouraging debate, engaging with policymakers and civil society, FICCI articulates the views and concerns of industry. It serves its members from the Indian private and public corporate sectors and multinational companies, drawing its strength from diverse regional chambers of commerce and industry across states, reaching out to over 2,50,000 companies.
FICCI provides a platform for networking and consensus building within and across sectors and is the first port of call for Indian industry, policymakers and the international business community.
About the Webinar
The ever-changing global economic environment has influenced the development of business models where IP is a key element establishing value and potential growth. As a result, measures to protect these intellectual assets have become a core component for the success and viability of a modern firm. However, with the ways of doing business evolving drastically due to the Internet/digital technologies, the ways IP rights are being illegally exploited by infringers have also changed. Notably, the remedies pursued earlier to protect IP may not be adequate now where the outreach of goods, which infringes IP in one way or the other, has become profound and is not confined to conventional boundaries. Judicial pronouncements have hence started taking cognizance of this change; focusing on how IP laws can be effectively applied in the digital ecosystem to ensure a healthy and fair atmosphere for trade and commerce. For businesses too, there is a need to forge a comprehensive litigation strategy to protect their IP.
FICCI, in association with Y. J. Trivedi & Co., is organising a webinar on “IP Infringement: Shift in Seeking Remedies – Then and Now” on 9th September 2021 (Thursday) from 4:00 to 5:30 pm. The discussion will deliberate on the ways IP rights were infringed earlier and the actions taken by the right holders vis-à-vis the current situation where there are wide horizons and ways available to infringers to hinder businesses and the goodwill of IP owners, and the legal provisions available to preempt this growing problem.
Who can Attend?
Please note that the webinar is open to all. Prior registration is mandatory for all to attend the webinar.
- Date: 9th September 2021 (Thursday)
- Time: 4:00 to 5:30 pm
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
- Webinar on “Constitutional expectations and Economic Justice” by Dharmashastra National Law University: Register by September 9
- Webinar on “Importance of Protecting Intellectual Property Rights” by Law Gardner; 17th September
- National Essay Writing Competition by Centre for Parliamentary Studies, HPNLU; Register by 26th September
- SHORT TERM AWARENESS COURSE ON CYBER CRIMES by World Cyber Security Forum; Register by15th September
- Call For Blogs –Vidhi Mitra Blog by Dharmashastra National Law University, Jabalpur: Submit by 25 September
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- ESSAY WRITING COMPETITION on “COMPETITION LAW IN DIGITAL SPACE” by Law and Technology Society of NLSIU Bangalore X The Dialogue : Register by September 30, 2021
- Call for Blogs – UPES Student Law Review Blog by UPES, Dehradun (Rolling Submissions)
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- The Social Network – Article Writing Competition | Indian Diplomacy Summit (IDS) X Teach For India Collaboration | Register by September 6, 2021
- Call for Blogs | Alternate Dispute Resolution Association Blog of the School of Law, UPES| Submit by October1, 2021
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.