About KIIT and the Student Law Review
Kalinga Institute of Industrial Technology, formerly KIIT University is an institute of higher education located in Bhubaneswar, Odisha, India.
The KIIT Student Law Review (KSLR) is the flagship Review (ISSN: 2348-4381) of the KIIT School of Law, Bhubaneswar, Odisha having a double-blind peer-review process of selection.
The KIIT School of Law, hereby announces the call for papers for Volume VIII of KSLR. We extend our invitation to law students (both postgraduates and undergraduates), professionals, lecturers, policymakers, and others to send in their write-ups on contemporary issues of law.
The Review, through its publications, seeks to generate interest for a better understanding of the major areas of law and also to provide a national and international forum for debate on the comparative, analytical aspects and issues.
Themes of the Law Review
This issue of the Review would highlight interdisciplinary contemporary legal issues that are giving impetus to deliberation, not only among the student community but also within the entire legal fraternity.
- Articles (5000-7000 words exclusive of footnotes)
- Short Articles (3000-5000 words exclusive of footnotes)
- Book Review (1200-1500 words exclusive of footnotes)
- Case Comments (2500-4000 words exclusive of footnotes)
- Legislative Briefs (maximum 2500 words exclusive of footnotes)
Submission to the KIIT Student Law Review [Volume VIII] should adhere to the following guidelines:
- All articles and short articles must be accompanied by an abstract not exceeding 300 words.
- The submissions are to be made only in Microsoft Word Format (.docx or .doc files) by sending an email at [email protected] Emails must mention the Subject: “KSLR Volume 8 Submission:” followed by title of the paper. Soft copies should be submitted by July 31st 2020.
- Heading will be formatted with case size 14 in Times New Roman and Bold. Subheadings will be formatted with case size 12 in Times New Roman and Bold. The body of the writing will be formatted with case size 12 in Times New Roman. Footnotes shall follow the line spacing of 1 and the rest of the manuscript shall follow the line spacing of 1.5.
- The word limits are exclusive of footnotes and only footnotes are to be used and not endnotes or bibliography. The citation style to be preferred would be The Harvard Bluebook 20th edition.
- Co-authorship is permissible up to a maximum of two.
- The submissions will undergo a double blind peer-review process; therefore, the author/s shall not disclose their identities anywhere in the body of the manuscript.
- The submission shall also contain a separate Cover Letter in the body of the email enumerating the following details:
- Name of the author(s),
- Address of the author(s),
- Phone Numbers of the author(s),
- Title of the manuscript
- Submission Category – (Example – Article/ Short Article/ Book Review)
- Name of the institution
- Year of study (in case of a student)/ Designation (in other cases)
- Email address(s)
- The Author(s) shall have to send a Declaration [as a separate attachment] as to that the work has not been published anywhere else and has not been submitted for publication elsewhere. For any issues arising in contravention to such declaration, the KIIT Student Law Review, and Editorial Board shall not be liable. The author shall be personally liable for his or her actions or omissions. The declaration should be a scanned document in PDF or Image (.jpg or .jpeg) formats containing such above-mentioned declaration.
- The submission must be an original unpublished work. There is a zero tolerance policy against plagiarism, and the articles sufficiently plagiarised shall be summarily rejected.
- The Editorial Board holds the power to disqualify any author’s work that is in noncompliance to these guidelines and also, holds the final copyright and all other rights regarding the work that is published after receiving such approval for publication and transfer of such rights from the author(s).
The authors whose papers are published will each receive a paperback hard copy of the journal mailed to the address they provide.
E-mail: [email protected]
Saman Asif: +91 6206304001/7327094368
Udayan Mukherjee: +918697102760