About the Amazon
Amazon.com, Inc., is an American multinational conglomerate technology company based in Seattle that focuses on e-commerce, cloud computing, digital streaming, and artificial intelligence.
Amazon’s Legal Department is looking for a talented Associate Corporate Counsel to support their rapidly growing and evolving digital businesses in India.
- In this role, one will counsel our digital businesses on a broad range of commercial, licensing, technology, and regulatory matters and will be involved in structuring, drafting and negotiating commercial transactions.
- You will work directly with the business, serving as counsel on key deals, helping launch new products and services, providing day-to-day advice, resolving issues that arise in existing commercial relationships and handling pre-litigation legal disputes and inquiries.
- Throughout all the above tasks you will closely coordinate with global legal teams and outside counsel. The position will be based in Mumbai.
- LLB (undergraduate law degree) from a recognized university in India.
- Upto 5 years of post-qualification experience at a leading law firm and/or in-house at a major multinational corporation.
- Strong transactional background with excellent skills in drafting and negotiating contracts relating to licensing, technology, services, acquisition, etc.
- Strong written and oral communication skills to effectively communicate and coordinate complex issues and projects with diverse levels of management and employees.
- Excellent organizational skills, including the ability to manage multiple projects and clients and work with other team members in a fast-moving environment.
- Ability to work independently or with minimal supervision while being able to contribute successfully to cross-functional teams
Preferred Qualifications: In–house experience with an entity in the technology or media space.