KATOG is an initiative by Together-WCWW & KATCHERI.IN, Which is an outreach partner. Together-WCWW aims to provide legal awareness to every section of the society. Its aim is to spread legal knowledge.
Course Designed By : Adv. Sakshi Bhayana, Former Asst. Legal Advisor at Delhi International Arbitration Centre (DIAC) [Practising Advocate at High Court of Delhi].
- Introduction to Arbitration
- Difference between Arbitration and Mediation
- Difference between Arbitration and Negotiation
- Types of Arbitration
- Reason to opt opt for Arbitration as Dispute settlement
- Benefits of Industrial Arbitration
- Ad hoc Arbitration
- Benefits of Ad hoc arbitration
- Fast track Arbitration
- Benefits of Faat track Arbitration
- Disputes which can not be resolved by Arbitration
- Amendments in Arbitration and Conciliation Act, 1996
- Arbitration: A consensual Process
- Landscape of International Commercial Arbitration
- Arbitration Agreements
- Appointing the Tribunal
- Confidentiality and the Arbitral Process
- Monitoring the Tribunal’s application of Contract Law
- Awards disclosing the errors of English Law
- General features of Gateway under section 69
- Exclusion of appeals on points of English Law
- Effect of High Court appeal under section 69
- International Controversy Regarding Section 69 challenges
- Refusal to give effect to Foreign Awards
- Scheme of New York Convention
- National Court’s Annulment of Domestic Award
- The Dallah Saga: English Court’s refusal to enforce French Award
- Central Contractual Doctrines
- Sources and General principles of English Contract Law
- Freedom of Contract
- Principles (Pacta Sunt Servanda, Freedom of Contract, The Objective Principle, Good Faith and Fair dealing, Estoppel- Protection against Party’s inconsistency)
- Validity (Certainty, Writing, Guarantees, deeds or Covenants, Consideration Doctrine, Misrepresentation and coercion, Terms and Variation, Interpretation of Written contracts, Breach, Frustration and termination, Remedies for breach)
Course Fee :
- 1200/- ( after 12th) – for Arbitration and Contracts Course
- 1600/- ( for 2 courses)
Administration of Courses ( Katog )
1. Duration of the course is 1 month.
2. Material(Softcopy) will be mailed for every 5 days.
3. You have to finish a module within specified time.
4. You will be given 3 days to submit questionnaire at the end once we sent.
5. Confirmation mail will be sent within 24 hrs once enrolled.
1. Open book exam at the end will be conducted in order to know course outcome (MCQ/Descriptive).
2. Hardcopy & Softcopy certificate will be provided.
3. Questionnaire will be mailed via e-mail.
Registration and Payment Details
Paytm: [email protected]
WhatsApp or Call us at
7007873010 or 8209992708