ABOUT SOCIO-LEGAL FORUM
Socio-Legal Forum aims to provide a balance to the legal arena of the country by providing the nexus of the law regarding society. The primary objective for this is to educate the various protectors of justice in the country by providing them well- researched deliberations.
It is a peer-reviewed website for the legal fraternity. We at the forum endeavour to assist the lawyers, law students, and the legal scholars as well as professors in an attempt to assist each other and strengthen the legal community as a whole through the means of blogs, journals, competitions, workshops, and events.
Socio-Legal Forum in collaboration with Aatman brings this competition. Socio-Legal Forum is a website providing legal service by facilitating the legal fraternity with the well-researched articles and journals. Whereas, Aatman is a centre where you can deal with the issues of your mental health; it has RCI registered practitioners with academicians of 13+ years of experience.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
The Article Writing Competition is focused on the primary theme of the issue of ‘Mental Health. Mental Health is something everyone is talking about but no one has taken the initiative to analyse the governing mandates which support the institutions to contribute to Mental Health and subsequently, to its awareness.
WHO CAN APPLY/ELIGIBILITY
- Any student pursuing 3-year /5-year Law course can apply.
- The students pursuing a master’s degree in the field of law may also apply.
- Any student or person belonging to any other field may also apply given an inclination towards writing on the theme of the competition.
THEME OF THE COMPETITION
SUB-THEMES FOR THE COMPETITION
1. Mental Health and Matrimonial Disputes
2. Mental Healthcare Act, 2017
3. Mental Health and Covid-19
4. Mental Health and it’s protection under Indian Legal Scenario
5. The Mental Health Myths
6. Mental Health of Juvenile and Prisoners
The list is not exclusive and author(s) may write on any topic which is in conformity to the theme of the competition, ‘Mental Health’.
PRIZES AND PERKS:
1. The Winner will get cash price of Rs. 1000 and free one year subscription to all the events of Socio Legal Forum and Aatman.
2. The selected articles will be published on the website of the Socio-Legal Forum and Aatman Counselling and Rehabilitation Centre.
3. Top 5 articles will get the Certificate of Merit and free one year subscription to the events of Aatman and Socio Legal Forum.
4. Participants will get participation certificate subject to adherence to the submission guidelines if their articles are published on the website.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSION:
1. The word limit is from 1200-1500 words.
2. The text should be in Times New Roman where the headings are to be in size 14 and the content is to be in 12. The text should be duly justified.
3. The footnoting has to be done in the ILI Form. Strict adherence to said format of footnoting is expected.
4. Co-Authorship up to maximum of 2 people is allowed.
Note: Any kind of plagiarised work would lead to direct disqualification. Any kind of source of research has to be given due acknowledgment.
HOW TO SUBMIT
The articles have to be submitted on the mail to sociolegalforum[at]gmail[dot]com and CC aatmancrc[at]protonmail[dot]com with the Subject: ‘Submission for 1st National Article Writing Competition on Mental Health’ latest by 11:59 PM August 10, 2020.
PARTICIPATION FEE: Nil
Last Date to Submit: Latest by 11:59 PM August 10, 2020
For further details please Contact:
Mr. Debarchan De: +91- 8902443765 (Socio-Legal Forum)
Ms. Sonam Chhatwani: +91- 8349608373