Recognizing the enormity of the challenges our society faces in technology and law ethics in India,(Conference) Indian Society of Artificial Intelligence and Law is dedicated to making a lasting impact through our campaigns and programs. While our efforts are driven by our organization’s singular focus, we spread a wide net by investing in a variety of progressive strategies. The IndoCon AI Law is the forum where you will impart solutions on various normative and unconventional issues related to AI, Law and Ethics.
The Indian Conference on AI and Law, 2020 is the Flagship Convention of the Indian Society of Artificial Intelligence and Law, which will be organized through virtual means from October 1, 2020 to October 4, 2020.
The IndoCon AI and Law will conduct 3 sessions during the conference:
- Track Presentations
- AI General Assembly
- Research Panels
Themes of the Conference
- Artificial Intelligence and Law: Philosophy, Technology and Theory
- Artificial Intelligence and Law: International Relations and Public Diplomacy
- Artificial Intelligence and Law: Economics and Market Ethics
- Artificial Intelligence and Law: Data Ethics and Social Sciences
Call for Papers for Track Presentations
- All papers must be original and not simultaneously submitted to another journal or conference. The following paper categories are welcome:
- Full paper guidelines (Conference)
- The abstract must not exceed 300 words in length.
- The paper length must not exceed or concede out of the range of 4,000-10,000 words.
- The object and clarity of the paper decide its selection and publication process even if the paper length exceeds 10,000 words.
- Co-authorship is allowed to a maximum of 7 authors. (Conference)
- All references should be done in the format of in-text citations following the ISO 690:1987 (First Element & Date) standard. No references are allowed whether in the format of endnotes or footnotes. However, footnotes providing further information or subjective notes are allowed. Use Springer LNCS for the format of the paper draft.
- Also, kindly provide a Bibliography of List of References as well.
- Kindly register at EasyChair (CLICK HERE TO REGISTER).Provide your ORCiD (Kindly register at orcid.org for free), in your paper submitted to us at easychair.org.
- Ensure the originality of the research work submitted. The work has to be fully referenced, and all authors should be accurately represented. Kindly get acknowledgement letters from coauthors before the submission for no objection, if your paper is accepted for publication. (Conference)
- Kindly submit the abstract first in the form of a PDF to us at the portal. After due approval given by the team, kindly go back to your CFP portal at EasyChair and update your file by adding the final paper in PDF form only (we will ask for the .DOC file later after approval).
- Our team will contact you after your paper selection for the due submission of your ORCiD.
- The submission must be exclusive. It must not be published anywhere else, all, or in part. In case of submission anywhere else, the author should intimate the team clearly on this.
- No abstention of presence during the conference shall be granted to the presenters. Also, presenters can opt to present the papers in the form of either Skype or via physical presence. If abstention happens, then unless any explanation given by the author is accepted by the Core Team, no abstention can be granted.
- Disclose sources of all data and third-party material, including previously unpublished work by the authors themselves.
- Strictly avoid fabrication of research data as well as manipulation of existing data.
- Openly declare any conflicts of interest – for example, if the research work was intended to benefit any particular service or institute in which the author’s interest lies. If the submitted work contains a significant conceptual or textual reproduction of the research work undertaken by/for such institution, then kindly submit acknowledgement letter from the relevant authority.
- Expect accurate plagiarism checking measures. Submissions will be scrutinized for plagiarism of words, ideas, writings, information, illustration, graphic representations, printed and electronic materials, and any other original work. The correct citation is essential.
- Do proper referencing in the submission by strictly following the recommended citation style. At any stage of the editorial/review process, author(s) will be directed to undertake this themselves if the submission has not used proper referencing styles. Maintain good communication and cooperate fully with the editorial team.
- All the selection remarks for the papers will be provided on EasyChair to every individual applicant with the case whether their paper is approved or not.
- Only 1 paper can be submitted per participant. More than one papers are not allowed, and only 1 Track, therefore, is to be chosen. If the guidelines are not followed, the paper shall stand disqualified with the due notification issued.
- The papers reviewed and approved by the Peer Review Committee will be published in our upcoming Proceedings of the Conference with an ISBN. The proceedings may be available on EasyChair and in other possible forms and forums. The team will be in the process of attainment of adequate recognition standards for the papers published, for which, we will contact you and intimate shortly.
Deadlines for the Paper Submissions (according to Indian Standard Time):
- Deadline for Abstract: 15 August 2020
- Deadline for Paper (with and without abstract submission): 30 August, 2020
- Intimation of Selection of Paper by Assessment: 7 days after intimation of receipt
Please note: After your paper is approved for publication in the proceedings, we will communicate with you for the process of payment.
Processing Payment Fee and Process:
The payment for registration in the conference is as per the academic status of the applicant affirmed:
- Indian Delegates – 1,000 INR (through online means)
- Foreign Delegates – 20 USD (through online means)
The process of payment will be online, and after the approval of the papers submitted, we will inform you shortly.
Please note: Indian Students, Indian Professionals and Indian Delegates include and are exclusive to: Citizens of India, Non-Resident Indians (NRIs), Overseas Citizens of India (OCIs) and Persons of Indian Origin (PIOs).
Please note: Subject to COVID19 outbreak, concessions up to 30%/the complete concession of the net fee are allowed, provided a request is mailed to the Secretariat at [email protected] once the paper is approved.
Invitation for Student Applications – AI General Assembly, 2020- 1st Session
AI General Assembly is the Democratic Forum within the Indian Conference on AI and Law, 2020. The forum invites students, professionals and institutions/organizations interested and experienced in Artificial Intelligence and Policy. The forum this year will be organized through online means for the 4 days of the Conference. From the selected members, a President and a Vice President shall be elected through nomination or self-candidature. If you feel you have caliber and skills to promote AI
Diplomacy, please do not hesitate to participate.
Student Applications – Eligibility and Registration Procedure
- Students must be pursuing an undergraduate/postgraduate course in a registered university, and can belong to any country. In the case of applicants from India, students from only UG Crecognized universities can participate.
- The Student has to visit www.isail.in/generalassembly and apply thereby via their CV. No mail requests shall be accepted. The Student has to register through the Google Form linked to the Website.
- Based on the nature of the application, the Student will be selected to participate in the AI General Assembly from October 1, 2020 to October 4, 2020 using virtual means in the Indian Conference on AI and Law, 2020.
- Your participation and endorsement of policy solutions will be recorded, and the best solutions proposed by the AI General Assembly will be compiled in a Special Report, which will be shared with Government Agencies, Private Organizations and other relevant actors.
- Furthermore, certificates of recommendation for participation in the AI General Assembly shall be provided to the students who are selected to participate.
There is no fee applied in the registration for the AI General Assembly.
Deadlines and Important Dates
- August 31, 2020 – Student Registrations
- September 5, 2020 – Notice of Selection
- Call for Papers Website: www.easychair.org/cfp/indocon2020
- Baldeep Singh Gill, Chief Experience Officer, ISAIL: [email protected]
- Kshitij Naik, Convenor, Publicity: +91-98810 74207 (Whatsapp Messages are recommended)
- Aditi Sharma, Convenor, Partnerships: [email protected]
- Email: [email protected]