Gujarat National Law University (GNLU) is a statutory university established by the Government of Gujarat under the Gujarat National Law University Act, 2003. The University is recognized by the Bar Council of India (BCI) and the University Grants Commission (UGC) (2f & 12B).
GNLU is committed to being a leader in teaching & extension, research and dissemination of knowledge. The GNLU Act 2003 proclaims that GNLU shall “advance and disseminate learning and knowledge of the law and legal processes and their role in national development – to develop in the students and the research scholars sense of responsibility to serve society in the field of law by developing skills in regard to advocacy, legal services, legislation, parliamentary practice, law reforms and such other matters; to make law and legal processes efficient instruments of social development; and to promote the interdisciplinary study of law in relation to management, technology, international cooperation and development.”
In keeping with this commitment, GNLU encourages all subject faculty to strive for academic and professional excellence. Indeed, our motto which is a hymn from the Rigveda embodies the belief and practice of every member of the GNLU family! The hymn ‘aa no bhadra kritvo yantu vishwataha’ is roughly translated as: ‘May good and noble thoughts come to us from all directions.’ This Faculty Development Program (FDP) is an effort in that direction. We urge you to make it an overwhelming success with your responses.
ABOUT THE FDP
The language skills required by the legal profession are unique to it. Perhaps, practitioners of law as a profession require better productive and receptive language skills than others.
The underlying philosophy behind designing a language and communication curriculum for law students comes from an understanding of the needs of law students. As teachers engaged in the pedagogy of English, we need to ask ourselves whether the language syllabus designed for undergraduate law students, caters to the needs of students on the threshold of entering the professional world. Today’s competitive professional environment presumes that applicants for a job are employment ready. That they have come to the profession, equipped with the necessary skills. Employers are generally unwilling to spend time and resources to train new recruits. As language teachers, providing law students with the language and communication skills for their profession is a constant challenge. The challenge is to design a curriculum that is pertinent to law students – a curriculum that trains students for a career in law. It also trains them to study law as an academic discipline. In other words, English language skills are required both for academic as well as professional purposes.
As teachers, the search for the right approach is a constant challenge. This FDP is an attempt in exploring various viable options that could be adopted by teachers to train law students both to study law and to practice law.
OBJECTIVES OF THE FDP
- To chalk out a philosophical and conceptual framework for an appropriate curriculum suitable for law students.
- To identify the academic and professional communication needs of law students.
- To train the participants to carry out a needs analysis survey.
- To explore innovative teaching-learning methods in the pedagogy of English for legal academic purposes.
- To develop a language competency framework to assess the skill levels of students.
- To assess the role of literature in developing both productive as well as receptive language skills in law students.
- Research Scholars.
- Faculty members teaching English Communication at Law Universities/Institutes.
- Law faculty engaged in teaching Communication in Law Universities/Institutes.
DURATION AND MODE OF FDP
The duration of the FDP is of 6 days. It will start on 19th December 2022 (Monday) and will finish on 24th December 2022 (Saturday). The mode of the FDP is offline and it will take place on the campus of Gujarat National Law University, Gandhinagar.
The resource persons for this FDP shall be academicians, professionals and technical experts from all over India.
- Ph.D./Research Scholars (Without Accommodation) – Rs. 2500
- Ph.D./Research Scholars (With Accommodation) – Rs. 3000
- Professionals/Academicians (Without Accommodation) – Rs. 3500
- Professionals/Academicians (With Accommodation) – Rs. 4500
*Registration Fees exclude GST Charges.
**Registration Fees shall include a Kit and Certificate of Participation.
***Accommodation will be provided for all 6 days to the outstation participants.
****Food will be provided on all 6 days to all the participants and it includes Breakfast, Lunch, Snacks, High Tea and Dinner.
REGISTRATION AND ONLINE PAYMENT
You can register yourself for this FDP by submitting your details in the Google form and by making an online payment at the link provided below.
? Google Form Link:
? Steps for Online Payment:
- Click on the payment link and then select the option ‘GNLU Faculty Development Program for English Communication’ in the Event Name.
- Fill in your Name, E-mail, and Mobile No. and select Category.
- Make payment and download the UTR Transaction Slip/Payment Receipt.
- Upload the Transaction Slip/Payment Receipt in the Google form.
*Registration will be on a first-come-first-served basis. Kindly register at the earliest possible.
? Last date of Registration (including payment of fee): 17th December 2022 (11:59 PM).
? Dates of the FDP: 19th to 24th December 2022.
For any clarification/query, please write us at [email protected] or contact:
- Mr. Vikram Amrawanshi, Teaching and Research Associate (Law), GNLU, +91-8989092926.
- Ms. Anshu Gupta, Teaching and Research Associate (Law), GNLU, +91-9871657964.
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Jan 10!
- Webinar on ” International Trade Rules and Incoterms 2020 ” by Gujarat Maritime University (GMU) in association with the International Chamber of Commerce: Dec 29
- Blog Writing Series on International Humanitarian Law- CASH, RGNUL: Submit Now!
- 7th Pranita Mehta Memorial Essay Writing Competition by Corporate Law Society, NLU Jodhpur: Register by Dec 31!
- CoP | International Conference on Human Rights: Challenges and Solutions [11th Feb 2023] by Maharishi Law School: Submit by Dec 30!
- CfP | Indraprastha Law Review, Vol. III Issue II (ISSN No. 2583-5653): Submit by Jan 30!
- 6th International Conference on Economic Analysis of Law, Governance and Public Policy [18th-19th March 2023] by GNLU: Submit by Jan 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Menstrual Health Management by RMLNLU[Mar 17-18]: Submit Abstract by Jan 25!
- Guest Lecture on Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) & Environmental, Social and Governance (ESG) Emerging Trends and Road Map for the future by, Manipal Law School, Bangalore: Dec 14
- Call for Submissions for Issue 41, Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by CELAR, NLUJAA: Submit by Jan 30!
- Call for Papers | MNLUA Journal For Dispute Resolution by MNLU-A: Submit by Jan 19!
- Call for Papers | Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law Journal (DSNLJ) by DSNLU: Submit by Dec 22!
- Call for Blogs | RMLNLU Kautilya Society Blog | Apply Now!
- Call for Papers |Environmental Law and Practice Review (ELPR) by NALSAR: Submit by Jan 15!
- Call for Narratives by Centre for Criminology, Criminal Justice and Victimology (CCV), RGNUL: Submit by Jan 31!
- CALL FOR BLOGS by USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- Lily Thomas Memorial Lecture 3.0 by Office of Lily Thomas and Saju Jakob: Dec 12
- Faculty Development Program on “Curriculum Design, Pedagogy and Teaching Methodology for English Communication in Law Universities” by GNLU: Dec 19-24
- Call for Papers: RMLNLU Journal on Communication, Media, Entertainment & Technology Law [Volume 10]: Submit by Feb 03 2023!
- Virtual International Training Program on Mediation 2023 by ADR BAR and ADR HOC: Register Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.