The Committee to Organize Seminars, Workshops, Extra-Murals and Special Lecture of the Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow (RMLNLU) is hosting a two-day seminar on “Emerging Issues in Law & Justice in the perspective of Globalization” on 19th-20th February, 2022. The event is sponsored by the Department of Higher Education, Government of Uttar Pradesh.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University is a public law school and a National Law University located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. It was established as Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute in 2005, and since then, has been providing undergraduate and post-graduate legal education.
About the Seminar
The world may be global but it is not accessible to all. Accessibility remains limited by various stakeholders, institutions and processes of the global world. To that end, it is important to critically engage with the idea of justice in the context of globalization and explore how law may truly facilitate justice in the global world ravaged by a vicious pandemic. The Seminar aims to provide a platform for this and enable holistic exchange of ideas between various stakeholders, including academicians, lawyers and students. The Seminar seeks to analyze changing dimensions of justice by engaging with diverse academic discourses and research papers as to how these ideas maybe given right direction so that justice- political, economic and social may be actualized in this era of globalization.
Call for Papers
University invites well researched and authentic research papers, case analysis, articles by Academicians, Policy makers, Journalist, Lawyers, Bureaucrats, Research scholars and Students. Research papers shall be subject to the approval of Editorial Board for inclusion in the seminar.
The Seminar calls for papers under following subthemes. The list is only indicative and not exhaustive. Any other topic related to the Seminar theme may also be submitted.
- Globalization and Governance: Present and Future.
- Belongingness in a Global World: State, Citizenship and Refugees.
- Borders and Movement: Issues and Challenges during Covid-19.
- Contours of Right to Health.
- Accessibility in times of COVID-19: Issues and Challenges.
- Universalism v. Cultural Relativism in a global world.
- Legal Framework for World trade or economic imperialism- Critical Perspectives.
- International Organizations: Changing Goals, Problems and Challenges.
- Scope of National Security Legislations in Global world.
- Ensuring Climate Justice for all: Issues and Challenges.
- Right to Education : Contemporary Issues and Challenges
- All submissions have to be in English.
- The abstract should not be of more than 250 words. It shall contain- a brief profile of the author including e-mail ID, contact number and official address.
- Word limit for full Research Paper- 4000-5000 words (inclusive of all Citation and references).
- Submissions must be typed in Times New Roman, Font Size 12 on A4 size paper with 1” margin on all sides with 1.5 line spacing.
- There can be maximum of only one Co-author. All the co-authors need to get registered for the seminar.
- Potential contributors are required to adhere to a uniform mode of citation (20th edition of The Bluebook: A Uniform System of Citation or ILI Citation is recommended).
- The authors should also need to submit a declaration along with the abstract & final paper that their work is original and unpublished and that it does not infringe the copyright of anyone. The organizing committee is not responsible for any copyright infringements by the authors.
- Participants who intend to present their research papers in the seminar are required to submit the Abstract on or before 19th January, 2022 through e-mail to: [email protected]
- Full papers need to be submitted by 1st February, 2022.
- The accepted full research papers may be published in the form of an edited book.
- The registration fee which includes registration kit, lunch and tea is as follows:
- For students- Rs. 700/-
- For academia and professionals – Rs. 1000/-
- RMLNLU faculty & students- No fee
- Registration for the seminar has to be done through the following link: – https://forms.gle/ekbmy6w7GDmRLbhg6
i. Proceed to the following link:
ii. Select registration fee.
iii. Select Seminar/Workshop in the event tab and fill the required details.
iv. Write ‘National Seminar on Globalisation’in the Name of the Event tab.
v. Proceed with payment and after successful payment, kindly upload the receipt in the registration form.
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Sector D-1, LDA Colony, Kanpur Road Scheme, Aashiyana, Lucknow – 226012.
Note: Accommodation shall not be provided in view of COVID-19 Pandemic.
For any further clarification, mail us at [email protected]
Click here for the official brochure
- Webinar on “India @75: Revisiting National Security and Governance” by GNLU GCRCJS: Register by Aug 12!
- Panel Discussion on IP and FinTech by IP Press: Aug 7!
- Panel Discussion on “Dialogues on Inclusion and Exclusion – a Conversation About Intersection of Law, Educational Institutions and the LGBTQIA+ Community” by CNLU: July 03!
- Essay Competition by Himmat in collaboration with Khaitan & Co: Submit by July 20!
- Webinar on ‘Draft National Policy for Persons with Disabilities, 2021: Expectations, Assurances and Realities’ by GCDS, GNLU: 05 July!
- International Conference on “Building Social Entrepreneurial Ecosystem for a More Sustainable and Resilient Society” at GNLU: Submit by June 15!
- Know Your IP Week-25 Online Lecture/Webinar on the topic: Internet Domain Names and Trademarks in Cyberspace by DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University: June 04
- Vivekananda International Debate Competition, 2022 by VIPS: Register by 31st May 2022
- Interactive Virtual Workshop on “Delhi through Gender lens” by AKMD foundation: Register Now!
- 4th National Faculty Development Program by Amity Law School, Lucknow: Register by Jun 15!
- CfP: CNLU’s E-magazine ‘IP BULLETIN’ [Volume-3 | Issue-1 (January-June 2022)]: Submit by 30th June!
- Call for Papers: International Seminar (12th Virtual) on Changing Dimensions of Media Law [June 25th] by Kerala Law Academy: Submit By June 2nd
- Know Your IP Week-23 Online Lecture/Webinar on topic: Contemporary Developments in Trademark Registration on 21-05-2022 by DPIIT IPR-Chair, Osmania University
- Arbitration Lecture Series by GNLU: 20th May 2022
- Nation conference on “Geographical Indications in India – Prospects and Challenges” by DPIIT IPR Chair and N C Banerjee Centre of Law, NALSAR University of Law, Hyderabad: May 18!
- 2-day Faculty Development Programme (FDP) by Jindal Global Law School: Apply by June 05!
- Abhigyaan Lecture series: “War Crimes, Crimes Against Humanity, Genocide & Aggression in Ukraine war” by Campus Law Centre: May 05!
- Webinar on Possibilities in the field of Human Rights Law by Independent Thought: May 1!
- 4th National IPR Symposium on “IPR Awareness to Young Innovators and Entrepreneurs” by School of Business & Law, Navrachana University: May 10!
- National Seminar by School of Law, Mody University: Register by June 04!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.