About Prerna Foundation
Prerna Foundation (Article Writing Competition), established in 2016 is a non-profit organization that works for the betterment of different sections of the society through various social and legal initiative programmes. We at Prerna Foundation, aim to be a problem solver for issues that are acting as a barrier for child education, youth empowerment and legal literacy.
Prerna Foundation intends to create a platform for voicing the collective conscience of the law students, practitioners, academicians in the form of opinions, blogs, articles, case analysis, etc. aspires to ingeminate the significance and multi-disciplinary approach of law and the legal world. We intend to engender discourse on contemporary burgeoning socio-legal issues and provide an assessment of the same. It envisions to nurture the underlying interface of legal intricacies with society. The initiative aims to provide comprehensive research pertaining to the trans-disciplinary approach towards law and society.
About the Competition
Prerna Foundation invites you to submit articles for the 1st National Article Writing Competition. The article writing competition will give a chance to ponder over, widen horizons, and pen down their views, thoughts, opinions, etc. on the topics listed below. This aims to bring a change within oneself through the voice of youth.
- Legal framework governing foreign exchange transactions
- Multinational Investment Guarantee Agency
- Difference between FEMA & FERA
- Calculations of compensations and damages in international investment law
- SEBI as a market regulator
- Lex Mercatoria – The Merchant Law
- UNCITRAL and INCOTERMS
- Impact of COVID-19 in International Trade Law
- Legislative remedies for victims of environmental pollution
- Concept of state recognition under international law
- Role of intellectual property law in the development of small and medium sized businesses
- Corporate social responsibility in India
- Global internet governance
- Legalisation of abortion: how is abortion treated by law and moral grounds of the same
- Human rights violation – An anathema to society
The above-mentioned list is not exhaustive. Authors may choose any socio – legal contemporary topic of their choice. (Article Writing Competition)
Who can participate?
- Academicians, Researchers, and Ph.D./Doctoral Scholars from the field law.
- Law students pursuing bachelors or masters in law (UG and PG)
- Advocates, NGOs, and Think Tank.
- Government officers and employees of Government undertaking
- Representatives of Regulatory Bodies.
Guidelines for Submission:
All the articles should strictly adhere to the guidelines. Any submission found not following the same shall be out rightly rejected. The guidelines are as follows: Article Writing Competition
- The article must be a maximum of 2000 words.
- Writing should be the original work of the participants. Only 10% of plagiarism would be allowed. Any submission having more than 10% plagiarism shall be disqualified.
- The Uniform method of citation must be followed.
- The body of the paper shall be in Times New Roman, font size 12, 1.5-line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 single line spacing.
- A margin of 1 inch shall be left on all sides of the paper.
- The paper shall be in MS Word Format.
- Co-authorship is allowed for not more than 2 people.
- No participant can make more than one submission.
- The copyright of the article shall lie with Prerna Foundation.
- All the entries shall be sent to [email protected] with a subject titled- “Submission for National Article Writing Competition”. Full names of both author and co-author along with designation, institution, and contact number(s) must be mentioned in the body of the mail.
- Judgment shall be based on points given on the criteria of content, language & uniqueness. The decision of the editors shall be final.
Awards and Perks:
- Winner- INR 500 + Internship with a Prerna Foundation + Blog Publication
- First Runners up – INR 200 + Internship with a Prerna Foundation + Blog Publication
- Second Runners up – INR 100 + Internship with a Prerna Foundation + Blog Publication
- The next 5 participants shall be given an internship at Prerna Foundation
- Top 10 shall be given a certificate of merit along with Blog Publication.
- Top 10 will be given a coupon code for Rs. 500 off on any of the courses provided by Prerna Foundation.
- E-certificate shall be given to all the participants who submit their article successfully.
Mode of Registration:
- EARLY BIRD OFFER- There shall be a nominal fee of Rs. 100 for single author and Rs. 150 in case of co-authorship. (1st September to 10th September 2020)- Article Writing Competition
- The registration fees shall be Rs. 150 for single author and Rs. 250 in case of co-authorship. (11th September to 20th September 2020)- Article Writing Competition
- The payment and registration details contact Ms. Nitisha Ganatra +91 7099 399 687 or Mr. Kartikay Singh +91 9651606919
- After the payment, fill the given form below and attach the screenshot of payment. A confirmation mail shall be sent to the participant within 48 hours.
- Last date for registration: 20th September 2020
- Last date of submission: 30th September 2020
- Declaration of the result: 10th October 2020
You may feel free to contact the following in case of any query:
Email: [email protected]
• Ms. Nitisha Ganatra +91 7099 399 687
• Mr. Kartikay Singh – +91 9651606919