About Dialogue & Development Commission of Delhi:
The present government of NCT of Delhi came to power in February 2015 on the basis of a manifesto crafted through an extensive series of ‘Delhi Dialogues’ with all sections of the society. With an innate belief that the process of dialogue should carry forth even after the formation of government, the Aam Aadmi Party led Delhi Government constituted the Delhi Dialogue Commission vide its Cabinet Decision no. 2131 dated 27th February 2015.
The Commission was formed with the aim to provide a unique model of collaborative and inclusive development in Delhi. It was set up to bridge the knowledge and capacity deficit in the government, and to take advantage of the vast pool of domain expertise that lies outside the government. The Commission was tasked with the role to consider ideas, identify the best practices and policies from around the world, and translate these into concrete recommendations to the Government of NCT of Delhi.
Since its formation, the Commission has submitted a number of policy reports and recommendations to the Government of NCT of Delhi on a wide array of development issues. These issues include infant health insurance scheme, establishment of a Health Care Corporation in Delhi, Delhi Solar Policy, leveraging technology for dengue vector surveillance, piloting of battery electric bus etc.
Subsequent to the Cabinet decision nos. 2175 dated 16.07.2015 and 2294 dated 24.02.2016 of the Council of Ministers of Government of NCT of Delhi, the Commission was renamed to Dialogue and Development Commission of Delhi.
About the Opportunity
The Government of NCT of Delhi constituted DDCD to implement its vision for governance. The commission aims to provide a unique model of collaborative and inclusive development along with suggesting ways to use technology to further this goal. The aim of the commission is to come up with appropriate solutions to a range of civic, policy and governance issues by studying good practices, policies and plans from across the country and the world and recommend concrete proposals to the government. Such issues may include governance, electricity, clean water, clean Yamuna, clean Delhi, education, health, women’s safety, JJ Clusters, trade, job and job security, pollution, transport, unauthorized colonies, Wi-fi, CCTV, speedy justice, etc.
For the furtherance of the goals of the commission, DDCD invites applications from students/ scholars/ researchers for internship with the commission. The interns are given exposure to the above mentioned civic issues, and are expected to supplement the process of analysis within DDCD through empirical methods using in-house resources and information available in the public domain. The shortlisted interns may be expected to work with other DDCD members or to contribute in their individual capacity. They may also be required to evolve strategy for expeditious implementation of the recommendations made by DDCD.
DDCD is inviting applications from scholars/researchers/professionals to work on proposals to uplift Delhi’s economy and frame the economic vision of Delhi. Please note that the application should be submitted latest by 1st February 2022, 11:59 PM.
Please fill the form carefully to move further in selection process. Please note that the application should be submitted latest by 1st February 2022, 11:59 PM. Applicants should be pursuing or have completed Graduation/ Post-Graduation from any recognized University/Institution within India or abroad, preferably in Economics, and should be available for a minimum of six weeks of full-time unpaid internship, starting 7th or 14th February, 2022
These vacancies fill up fast; Join Kanooniyat’s WhatsApp group to get notified immediately. Also, check us out on Instagram and LinkedIn
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Ram Mohan Naidu Kinjarapu (Lok Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Online Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate under the guidance of Jeevan Prakash, AOR, Supreme Court: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship(with 10K stipend) at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SolarWinds, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Fauzia Khan (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity(with stipend) at Law Office of Divesh Chawla, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Avish Malhotra: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Wadhwa Law Chambers, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Internship Opportunity at Office of Dr Amar Patnaik (Rajya Sabha MP): Apply Now!
- Call for Applications | Faculty Recruitment at National Law School of India University (NLSIU), Bangalore: Apply by Dec 31!
- Legislative Assistants to Members of Parliament – LAMP Fellowship 2023-24: Apply by Dec 29!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Aman Rastogi, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Call for Academic and Research Internship at National Forensic Sciences University, Gandhinagar: Apply by Jan 03!
- Call for Interns | Scaling City Institutions for India (SCI-FI) at Centre for Policy Research: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Noble Legal(Advocates & Solicitors), Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bridge Legal India, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex AV Attorneys LLP, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AK Bhambri and Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Dec 31!
- Call for Interns | Data Protection Intern at Tsaaro, Bangalore: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Ostara Legal: Apply by Dec 26!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.