About the Fellowship
The Blue Club is an independent women-led media organisation. As a part of our fifth-anniversary program, we are launching The Blue Club Media Fellowship For Writers 2020, one-of-a-kind opportunity for women and queer people belonging to marginalised communities to develop their writing skills.
It’s a three-month intensive writing fellowship which aims to identify, mentor and empower emerging, diverse voices in anti-casteist and feminist spaces. The program will be led by The Blue Club core team and will aim to encourage and amplify new, intersectional voices in the contemporary anticasteist movement, one that welcomes complex arguments and refuses to ignore the contradictory and often uncomfortable realities of gender and sexuality amongst ourselves.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Write a minimum of four articles (two short and two long) for The Blue Club in the topic areas given. The articles can be reports, analytical pieces, advocacy-focused articles, and multimedia content.
- Participate in 8 Zoom discussions each month with the fellowship Director, Manager and other facilitators as determined by TBC.
- Dedicate solid hours every week to read and write about selected topics.
- Receive mentorship in choosing, writing, editing and publishing articles from the given topic areas.
- Make great connections within the anti-casteist and feminist-media community.
Art and Culture
Who can Apply?
If you are a Dalit Women / Dalit Queer writer living in India with minimal or no publication experience
- If you are passionate about subject areas such as Caste and Gender and willing to learn how to write on these topics.
- If you are a writer who wants to learn writing about politics, education, environment, law and health from an anti-casteist feminist perspective.
- If you are a socially concerned writer still exploring your area of interest.
- If you feel your voice has been muffled by caste-gender majorities and is looking for a sisterhood of writers.
Receive an Rs. 30, 000 stipend for the three-month fellowship
How to Apply?
Applicants have to fill out an Online Application, where they have to upload:
A) A cover letter on ‘Why are you interested in The Blue Club Media Fellowship For Writers 2020?’ between 400 – 600 words.
B) Two relevant writing samples between 600 – 1000 words each (published or unpublished).
Last date to Apply: 15th Oct, 2020
To visit the Official Website, Click Here
E-mail: [email protected]