About Morgan Stanley
Morgan Stanley is a leading global financial services firm providing a wide range of investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. The Firm’s employees serve clients worldwide including corporations, governments and individuals from more than 1,200 offices in 42 countries.
Legal and Compliance Department Center of Excellence (“LCDCOE”) is an extended arm of different global Compliance teams. LCDCOE is responsible for executing compliance oversight including monitoring and/or testing activities across divisions such as Institutional Sales and Trading (ISG), Wealth Management (WM), Investment Management (IM), Regulatory Relations and the Global Financial Crimes (GFC) function. Specific activities managed by the LCDCOE include, but are not limited to facilitation of regulatory license applications and registrations for individuals, monitoring of firm, client and employee trades, outside business interests.
What we offer
Morgan Stanley offers a dynamic and multifaceted environment which requires the individual to work closely with colleagues across various functions and the Business Unit in onshore regions; you will get to work with extremely talented peers in a meritocratic team-oriented culture. Our Legal & Compliance Internship program is among the best in industry.
About the Internship Opportunity
The program has been designed to develop highly motivated professionals by providing a stimulating and supportive environment to understand the business and achieve the maximum potential. On joining, you will go through a training program that covers Polices & Procedures of Legal & Compliance Division. There are senior manager presentations and professional skills workshops along the way to provide you with a well-rounded experience.
Summer Analysts spend 10 Weeks working on live projects, understanding the business workings and how does Legal & Compliance Division support Morgan Stanley and its businesses.
• Create management information reports on a periodic basis;
• Monitor development in regulatory requirements and adjust surveillance models accordingly;
• Review and analyze trade surveillance reports and vendor surveillance system alerts, and sign off alert completion related to employee, client and firm trading activities;
• Provide advice and guidance to employees on their investing and outside activities;
• Conduct investigations on irregularities and abnormal activities and document findings; and
• Escalate unresolved issues or potential violations of the Morgan Stanley’s policies or external rules and regulations to his/her manager, coverage Compliance and Senior Management of Business Units.
• Process requests for T360 (Legal) vendor on-boarding/reactivations • Handle legal Invoice documentation and associated exceptions
• Maintenance of outside counsel database and consultant’s time approval
• Information Security Assessment for law firms and other vendors
• Co-ordinate with legal and compliance employees for entitlement related reviews and associated procedures
What we look for?
• Track record of academic excellence.
• Strong attention to detail and the ability to manage competing priorities.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to analyze and synthesize a variety of data to produce well-designed and meaningful summaries and reports.
• Adept at solving problems and developing efficient processes.
• You have experience in MS office preferably Excel
• You have an outstanding academic record with success in extracurricular activities, along with strong communication skills and the ability to work and interact with others.
- Legal Internship at Chamber of Advocate Pijush K. Roy, Supreme Court: Apply by Feb 15!
- Legal Internship at BeIN Legal LLP: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at KS Legal & Associates, Chennai: Apply Now!
- Research Internship with Professor Dr Bimal N Patel – Member-Designate – UN International Law Commission at Rashtriya Raksha University: Apply by Jan 31!
- Virtual Legal Internship at Lex Walk Foundation: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mandla & Singh Law Chambers: Apply Now!
- Intern – United Nations: Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific, New Delhi, India (Apply Now)
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme (Mar 2022): Apply by Feb 1!
- Virtual Legal Internship(s) at AapkaConsultant.com and Legal Shots (YT Channel): Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship (with stipend) at Remote Lawyer: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at IN10 Media Network, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship at Sonisvision: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship (with stipend) at Sinha & Company Advocates, Kolkata: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at Sarvaank Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Assessment Internship at ALL IP Care, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Nipun Saxena, New Delhi: Apply by Jan 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of Adv Ajit B Kale, Aurangabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Akash Raj Law Chamber, Patna: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Oum Law Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Associate at GOGIA & GOGIAs Advocates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.