- The following are the rules and regulations for the 1st Lex Macula Client Counselling competition.
- The competition will be held virtually for a period of 3 days from 10th to 12th October 2020.
- The registration fee for the competition is INR 800 per team.
- Each team shall consist of 2 participants who qualify the eligibility criteria.
- The competition shall be conducted in accordance with the rules mentioned hereunder. Participants are required to comply with the rules and procedures prescribed herein.
- Official email for all correspondence with respect to the Competition is [email protected]
- The Inaugural Function and Orientation of Participants will be held on 10th October, 2020 at 9:00 am and is to attended by all participants.
- The Competition shall consist of the following Rounds: (a) The Preliminary Rounds (10th October 2020); (b) The Quarter-Final Rounds (11th October 2020) (c) The Semi-Final Rounds (11th October 2020); and (d) The Final Round (12th October 2020).
- No approval from the respective institute of the participants is required for participation.
- There are a limited number of seats and the registration of participants will be confirmed on a ‘first come first serve’ basis.
Students of three year and five-year law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to apply for registration of their team.
Each team shall consist of two persons that qualify the eligibility criteria. The participants may be from different University/Law School/College/Departments.
- The registration fee shall be Rs. 800/- (eight hundred only) for each team. The registration fee shall be non-refundable and non-transferable.
- The last date for registration is 11:59 p.m. IST, 5th October 2020.
- ONLINE GOOGLE FORM to register – CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- Once a team registers by completing the formalities given, a Code (hereinafter “Team Code”) shall be assigned to the team by 8th October 2020.
- According to Draw of lots, which will be conducted on 9th October 2020, the office for all the sessions will be conveyed to the participants prior to the event.
- The organizing committee has the exclusive right to decide in case of any dispute related to the registration. The decision of the organizing committee in such a case shall be final.
The official language for the Competition shall be English only.
The dress code for the competition is business formals. Gowns and bands are not permitted to be worn by the participants in the competition. Non adherence to dress code shall attract penalty
The Client Counselling preposition for the 1st Lex Macula Client Counselling Competition 2020 is based on Family Laws, Constitutional Laws, Law of Crimes, Contract Law, Property Laws and the Law of Torts.
Note: The participants are expected to have knowledge of other ancillary laws and procedures.
A training session will be organised for all participants of the 1st Lex Macula Virtual Client Counselling Competition on 3rd October 2020. The guest speaker will discuss the general rules and procedure of the competition. The speaker will also discuss efficient means of client counselling with all attendees. It is not mandatory to attend the training session. The meeting details of the training session will be sent to all participants via email prior to the session.
GROUNDS FOR DISQUALIFICATION
- Misconduct, whether behavioural or otherwise, is not allowed and if indulges shall result in disqualification of team.
- Any discussion with client before competition.
- Cheating or using unfair means.
- Intimidation in any form is prohibited, and if found indulged shall result in disqualification of the team.
- The Organizers shall not be responsible for any loss due to slow or non-functional Internet Connection during the Competition. We request all the participants to arrange a sound Internet Connection.
- The decision of the Judges shall be final regarding the outcome of the Rounds.
- No additional documentation or screen sharing will be allowed.
- The Organizers reserve the right to take any action against unethical, wrongful or unprofessional conduct.
- Scouting is not allowed under any circumstances and may lead to disqualification. You are requested to exit the call after your session is over.
- If there is any situation, not covered by the Rules, the decision of the Organizers shall be final and binding.
- The Organizers reserve the right to amend the rules. However, due notice shall be provided to all participating teams.
- Selection will be on first come first basis as there will be limited seats.
- The participants are always required to comply with the rules formulated by the Organizing Committee during the competition. In case of any non- compliance with the rules of the competition, penalty may be imposed by deduction of marks and the teams may also be disqualified after they have been warned once.
- The clients for the competition will be provided internally by Lex Macula.
- Best Team – 6,000/- (Six Thousand Rupees)
- 1st Runner up to Best Team – 4,000/- (Four Thousand Rupees)
- Best Counsel – 3,000/- (Three Thousand Rupees)
The announcement of the results will be provided on our Website, our social media handles as well as through the emails. All participants will be given an e-certificate to acknowledge their efforts and hard work throughout the course of this event.
For further assistance, please contact the undersigned.
Email: [email protected]lexmacula.org
- Raghav Singhal
- Aryaman Sharma
- Krisha Baweja