About Competition Commission of India
Competition Commission of India (CCI) was established under the Competition Act, 2002 for the administration, implementation and enforcement of the Act, and was duly constituted in March 2009. Its objectives include preventing practices having adverse effect on competition, promoting and sustaining competition in markets, protecting the interests of consumers and ensuring freedom of trade
About the Internship Opportunity at Competition Commission of India
In view of COVID-19 pandemic, the regular Competition Commission of India (CCI) internship programme has been suspended for the time being. However, for the benefit of students, the Commission commenced an online internship programme from May 2020 which will continue beyond September and up to December 2020. (Competition Commission of India)
- For Online Internships of October 2020 to December 2020, eligible applicants whose applications received by 1st of preceding month shall only be considered. (Example – applicants who intend to apply for November 2020 internship must submit their applications online by 01.10.2020. However, the applicants intend to apply for October 2020 may send their application by 06.09.2020 (considering the narrow time window for them)
- Applications mandatorily be in the prescribed format available here – https://www.cci.gov.in/sites/default/files/cci_pdf/internships1.pdf (Applications in other formats shall be rejected summarily.)
- Applicants whose colleges/Institutes are not open shall invariably attach self-attested scanned copies of College Identity Card and marks sheet of the last exam they appeared for, with their applications in the prescribed format.
- In addition, the applications must be accompanied with a scanned copy of email/ letter from the respective institution certifying that the student is a bonafide student of the institution and pursuing the course (with year) mentioned in the application for internship.
- Such mail/letter must be issued by Dean/Registrar/HoD/Director/Officials or any other appropriate authority of the institution.
- Applications shall be sent online only. Hard copies of applications shall not be accepted.
- The emails carrying such requests shall indicate “Online Internship during the month of ___________ (mention intended month) 2020” as the subject of the email.
- All such requests for an online internship must be sent at [email protected] Applications sent at any other email ID shall not be considered.
- Note: Shortlisted candidates shall be intimated through contact details provided by them in their applications.
- The shortlisted candidates shall be allocated guides/mentors from amongst the Officers of Competition Commission of India (CCI). The interns will be provided contact details of their mentors/guides for being in regular touch with them to complete the assigned work.
The duration of online internship (a week/two weeks/three weeks/a month) shall be decided by the mentor/guide depending on the work assigned. No request for internship beyond one month shall be accepted.
Email- [email protected]
For more Information: CLICK HERE