MyLawman is one of the fastest growing, one stop solution, Legal Community in India for Legal Resource sharing and an e-learning platform for students, professionals and academia in the field of Law, run by Legal professionals. (Human Rights) MyLawman is a growing family of thousands of law students as members, volunteers and interns along with hundreds of law faculties on board.
We at MyLawman, cater to differential needs of Law students and professionals across diverse divisions viz. Legal Blogs, Journal, Judiciary Preparation and e-learning. Under its Research & Innovation Division (rID), MyLawman rolls out multiple International certificate courses, summer schools and winter schools which are a fine blend of both professional and academic knowledge so as to impart both theoretical as well as practical knowledge to our members.
MyLawman partners with Law Schools, Law Firms, Domain Experts (resource persons) and NGOs working in the field of Law to build and disseminate legal knowledge to learners/legal fraternity.
About the Seminar
Research and Innovation Division (rID), MyLawman and Center for International Legal Studies and Training (CILST) are organizing a one-day International Seminar on ‘Human Rights, United Nations, and International Law’ on the occasion of UN Human Rights Day on 10th December 2020, and to observe the 72 Years of UDHR.
The objective of the Seminar is to provide a platform to students, academicians, researchers, and professionals of various law schools and academia of allied disciplines (Political Science, International Relation and Politics, Human Rights) to engage in highly enriching discussions on various themes and sub-themes and to further introspect, review and enhance the academic acumen vis-à-vis the expert opinions and analysis of UN, Human Rights and International Law.
Who can participate?
Students, academicians, bureaucrats, professionals, diplomats, researchers, etc. from various fields of law and/or Political Science, Human Rights, International Relations, Politics and International Affairs, allied and multi-disciplinary fields are invited to contribute to the Seminar.
Human Rights, United Nations, and International Law
- Role of UDHR in strengthening Human Rights
- Role of UN in developing and enforcing Human Rights
- Changing dimensions of Civil, Political and Economic Rights
- Role of UN Agencies in Protecting Human Rights
- International Human Rights as norm
- International Human Rights Law (International Law, Treaties and basic principles)
- Crossroad of duties and Human Rights
- National Security and Human Rights
- Changing World Order and Human Rights
- Human Rights and COVID-19
- Economic Rights in times of COVID-19
- Public Health and Human Rights
- Internationalisation v localisation of Human Rights
- Global Human Rights v Local Laws
- National Human Rights Institutions
- Judiciary and Human Rights
- Democracy, Human Rights and Governance
- Constitutionalism and Human Rights
- Human Rights Practice
- Human Rights Education
- Human Rights of Vulnerable Group
- Protection of Women, Child and Elders
- Fourth Generation of Human Rights
- Development and Human Rights
- Human Rights, Environment and Sustainable Development
- Business and Human Rights
- Human Rights in the age of Internet
- Law, Technology and Human Rights
- Human Rights in New Technologies (AI, Blockchain and IoT)
- IoT, Robots v Privacy and other rights
- Future of Human Rights
The Seminar invites papers from students, academicians, bureaucrats, professionals, diplomats, researchers etc. from various fields of law and/or Political Science, Human Rights, international relations, politics and affairs, allied subjects and multi-disciplinary fields on the above mentioned theme and sub theme. papers shall be selected and admitted to Seminar on the basis of Abstract, initially.
Following are the guidelines:
The abstract should be accompanied by a separate cover page comprising of a brief profile of the author including the current academic position, e-mail ID, contact number and official address.
1. The word limit for abstracts should be between 150-350 words.
2. The submissions should be original and unpublished.
3. Co-authorship is allowed up to three persons.
4. Full name(s) of the author(s), along with their designations must be given.
6. The word limit for research papers is 4500-8000 words (maximum, excluding footnotes).
7. The body of the paper should be in Times New Roman, with font size 12 and 1.5 line spacing. Footnotes should be in Times New Roman, size 10 with single line spacing.
8. A margin of four centimetres should be left on all sides.
9. Page borders should not be used.
10. The paper should be submitted in MS Word (doc.) Format.
11. The email should entail the following:
- Abstract (without the author’s details).
- Cover Letter [with the name(s), institutional affiliation(s), and contact details of the author(s)].
Abstracts & research papers should strictly be submitted at Google Form Link. Notification of selection of abstracts shall be sent to the participants in two-three days from submission of abstracts.
Publication of the articles:
Research and Innovation Division (rID), MyLawman shall select remarkable papers presented during the Seminar, post the successful conclusion of the review process.
Subsequently, the selected articles shall be published in a Book titled bearing ISBN. (preferably from an International Publisher or Indian Publisher with International Repute).
Few Other Papers may be asked to be published in MyLawman Socio Legal Review (a Journal bearing ISSN)
Online (Cisco Webex Platform shall be used.
- The Last date for Abstract Submission: 5th December 2020.
- Final notification of selected abstracts: 7th December 2020.
- Last date of Registration: 9th December 2020.
- The Last date for Submission of papers: TBD. (after the seminar presentation)
- Seminar: 10th December 2020
The Registration fee for the seminar is as follows:
Rs 700 for Bonafide Students (Graduates/PostGraduates)
– Rs 1200 for two authors
– Rs 1650 for Three authors
Rs 1000 for Academicians/Professionals/Research Scholars
– Rs 1700 for two authors
– Rs 2250 for Three authors
Rs 500 for Delegates
Participants of Foreign Countries:
$20 for Bonafide Students
– $36 for two authors
– $50 for Three authors
$30 for Academicians/Professionals/Research Scholars
– $55 for two authors
– $75 for Three authors
$ 15 for delegates
Fees Payment: Payment link with Final registration shall be sent in the selection mail of Abstract. The Payment and Final Registration shall be deemed to be entry to seminar. Mere selection of Abstract does not ensure entry to Seminar.
Ms. Sonal Saxena
+91 8881991111 (WhatsApp)
Mr Abhinav K Mishra
STEP 2 of Registration shall be sent in selection mail along with payment details.