The Jacobs Foundation Research Fellowship Program is a globally competitive fellowship program for early career researchers aiming at improving the development and living conditions of children and youth. This includes, but is not limited to, educational sciences, psychology, economics, sociology, family studies, media studies, political sciences, linguistics, neurosciences, and medical sciences.
The ideal candidate
- has obtained his/her PhD or equivalent degree within the past 10 years;
- is employed at an institution of higher education or research institute;
- is conducting high-quality research in an area of interest to the Jacobs Foundation;
- is committed to engaging with the Jacobs Foundation and the Fellowship Network and contributing to the Foundation’s activities.
The following selection criteria are weighted equally:
- Past research accomplishments and publication record
- Creativity and potential for serving as a leader in the scientific community
- Scientific quality of methods and data
- International relevance of the fellow’s planned work
- Potential for promoting human development and learning
- Alignment of planned projects with the goals of the Jacobs Foundation
- Willingness to support the Foundation’s aims and to engage with us
How to Apply
- Click on Post Application.
- Register on the Spigit website to gain access. If you already have an account, sign in directly.
- Fill in the online application form. You may save your application at any time and finish later.
- Applications must be completed by January 11, 2021, 23.59 CET. After this time, the application form will automatically close.
Three additional documents must be submitted:
To be uploaded in connection with the application form:
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae, including a list of the candidate’s scientific publications
- A published scientific paper by the candidate
To be sent separately to the Jacobs Foundation:
- A 1-page recommendation letter from a enior researcher, within or outside of the candidate’s department, supporting the candidate and describing his/her qualifications, initiative, and research. This letter should be sent directly to [email protected].
Recommendation letters have to be sent by January 11, 2021, 23.59 CET.
Incomplete applications and applications not submitted via the online application form will not be considered.
Find out more about the selection process: Click Here
Please have a look at the FAQs and Application tips here.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.