About the Organisation
The Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) is a public charitable foundation based in Bristol, Vermont, USA, which has been approved under the United States Internal Revenue Service under Section 501(c)(3). WMI works to create social change through education and community building by providing bright young people in the developing world with student scholarships and skills training, building a network of grassroots leaders who are catalyzing community transformation.
About the Scholarship
Each year Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI) provides support to students as they pursue various educational objectives. Support is provided for post-secondary school (university, polytechnic, trade school). Financial support is primarily to cover tuition and school fees and directly related expenses including books and supplies. The WMI scholarship does not always cover the full cost of tuition and associated educational expenses.
Scholarships are generally granted for the full period of study; however, recipients must maintain good grades, participate in community service and meet Wells Mountain Initiative WMI deadlines for submitting an official copy of school/course grades, completing the semester report, and validation of community service hours. The scholarship can be discontinued at any time in the event of unsatisfactory performance and/or dishonesty.
The scholarship awards are determined by volunteer reviewers and the Scholarship Committee of the Board of Directors and are awarded once a year on August 1.
- Maintain good grades in all university studies.
- Be an ambassador for community service and engagement.
- Perform, record and document 100 hours of community service activities throughout the year.
- Complete the Academic Semester Report & Community Service Report for WMI Scholars.
- Send official semester transcripts twice a year.
- Communicate openly with the Student Scholar Coordinator regarding your situation as a student.
An ideal candidate is a student, male or female, from a country in the developing world who:
- Successfully completed secondary education, with good to excellent grades
- Is 35 or under on March 1, 2021
- Will be studying in his or her country or another country in the developing world
- Is pursuing his or her first bachelor’s degree or diploma
- Will be enrolled in a program of study that will benefit the community and/or contribute to the continued growth and advancement of his or her home country
- Plans to live and work in his or her own country after graduation
- Has demonstrated his or her commitment to giving back and has volunteered prior to applying
- May have some other funds available for his or her education, but will not be able to go to pursue his or her tertiary degree without financial assistance.
Questions can be directed to info[at]wellsmountaininitiative.org
Wells Mountain Initiative (WMI)
Opens: December 1, 2020 at 12:01AM EST
Closes: March 1, 2021 11:59PM EST
How to Apply?
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.