About the Competition
The Delhi Chapter of IDIA, is Proud to announce their Article Writing Competition on the theme of Insolvency Law.
The dynamism inherent in this up and coming area of legal practice makes for interesting advancement in original scholarship, and offers a chance to all law students to hone their research and writing skills, which are critical for success within the legal profession.
About the Guest
All the submissions will be judged by Dr. Risham Garg, Associate Professor at NLU Delhi, Director of the Centre for Transnational Commercial Law (CTCL), and Mr. Lakshman R.S, Associate at S&V Partners, New Delhi.
Prof. Garg is an Associate Professor at the National Law University, Delhi, and is the Director of the Centre for Transnational Commercial Law, which hosts the annual Moot Competition on Insolvency and Bankruptcy, in association with the UNCITRAL Regional Centre for Asia and the Pacific, the Insolvency and Bankruptcy Board of India (IBBI), and INSOL India. He is also a member of the Academics Committee of INSOL India and has served as an Arbitrator at the annual Willem C. Vis International Commercial Arbitration Moot held in Vienna and Hong Kong.
The Article Writing Competition is open to all students currently pursuing an under-graduation course from any recognized university/college in India.
Article Writing Competition: Kindly note that articles may be written on the following sub-themes, which are not exhaustive in nature:
- The Political and Economic Significance of Insolvency and Bankruptcy Laws
- Insolvency of Financial Institutions: Too Big to Fail?
- The Theory and Practice of Debt Monetisation
- Demystifying the world of borrowing: Why pay one’s debt!?
Article Writing Competition: The minimum contribution required for registration is Rs. 500.
Payment and Registration Details
Payment is to be made via Paytm and Gpay. The payment can be made to the following account:
Account Holder: Ashima Sharma
Phone Number (for Paytm): 9990811552
UPI ID: [email protected]
Minimum Contribution Amount: Rs. 500
Awards and Prizes
- First prize winner of the competition shall get an opportunity to intern with L & L Partners (formerly Luthra and Luthra Law Offices), one of India’s largest law firms.
- The second and third prize winners shall get an opportunity to intern at Prof. Garg’s Centre for Transnational Commercial Law.
- The top 5 participants shall also be awarded a Certificate of Merit by the Delhi Chapter of the IDIA Charitable Trust.
- Last date for registration is 27 February, 2021
- Last date for submission is 7 March, 2021.
All submissions and queries related to the competition need to be mailed at idiadelhichaptersubmission[at]gmail.com.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.