About the Organization:
NIPO- The Indian IPR Foundation is the first and the oldest IP techno-legal NGO in India established in 2001. It is one of the few NGOs world over to hold Permanent Observer status with the World Intellectual Property Organization (WIPO), United Nations. The objective of our organization is to promote and protect intellectual property rights in India for which we regularly conduct awareness campaigns and capacity building programs with various national and international organizations.
About the Internship Opportunity at NIPO
NIPO is on the lookout for passionate and enterprising law students interested in Intellectual Property Rights and Technology Law who possess excellent legal research and writing skills and are keen on honing them further. We invite applications for this internship opportunity at NIPO from those who meet the following eligibility criteria and are available for a period of 2 months from the starting date which is 18th January 2021. Deadline for applications is 15th January 2021, 11:59 PM IST. Selected interns’ responsibilities shall primarily entail:
- Legal content creation and social media management for channels of NIPO.
- Preparation of short research notes.
- Assisting in outreach programs and organizing awareness campaigns.
- Editing and drafting portions of research articles, research papers and case commentaries.
- To write articles and blog posts on IP and technology law related issues.
- Assist in editing and content creation for the NIPO Souvenir.
- The roles stated above are not exhaustive.
- Any student in their 2nd, 3rd, 4th and 5th year of 5-year Law course and 2nd or 3rd year for 3-year Law course can apply.
- The student must have completed their intellectual property law course material in Law school, in part or full.
- The students pursuing a master’s degree in the field of IP law may also apply.
- Any student or person belonging to any other field may also apply given an inclination towards writing on the socio-legal aspects.
Perks and Benefits during this Internship Opportunity at NIPO:
- Certificate of Engagement on completion of term.
- Letter of Recommendation & Excellence (Performance-based, though we are very liberal in recognizing your efforts).
- Be a part of an Intellectual property think tank and NIPO’s IP community & network with industry leaders and policy makers.
- Opportunities to publish with us & related organizations.
- Professional guidance with the expert of your choice under the organization’s umbrella.
Online (Work from Home)
Candidates who are interested in this internship opportunity at NIPO may send their resume and a detailed SOP stating why you would like to work with us, previous experience in legal writing (if any) and how you think you can bring value to the position (300-500 words) to [email protected] with the subject line ‘RE: Application for NIPO Winter Internship 2021- Legal’; Upon being shortlisted, you will be required to send in a writing sample and appear in a video interview.
Email: [email protected]
Link to official pdf by NIPO: