About the Assistant Legal Manager Position at AIFF
All India Football Federation is looking for an Assistant Legal Manager within the Players Status & Registration Department. The position is initially available for the duration of one year on a contractual basis and may be renewed based on performance.
Location of Opportunity
This position is based out of Football House, Dwarka, New Delhi.
About the Organisation
AIFF PSRD manages the players registered throughout India via AIFF’s Centralised Registration System, wherein a player’s registration/renewal and transfer is approved by AIFF without which he/she cannot participate in any Competition organised/ sanctioned by AIFF or its Member Associations and Affiliated Units.
The department also manages the disputes that are related to a player and club and/or an official and Intermediaries registered with AIFF.
In detail, this department currently manages or deals with the following Regulations:
- AIFF Regulations on the Status and Transfer of Players (AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF Training Compensation Code (part of AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF National Dispute Resolution Chamber (part of AIFF RSTP)
- AIFF Regulations on Working with Intermediaries
Responsibilities and Duties
- Drafting / reviewing / amending the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Assist in implementing and educating all the stakeholders in the above mentioned AIFF Regulations
- Manage AIFF Players’ Status Committee meetings whenever required.
- To act as the Secretary/Deputy Secretary to the Players Status Committee.
- Dealing efficiently and effectively with disputes, namely labour disputes between players and clubs, coaches and clubs or associations, club / club disputes in connection with the transfer of a player, solidarity contribution and training compensation disputes.
- Interpreting contracts related to players’ employment and transfers.
- Revising transfer and employment litigations that are submitted to the AIFF competent bodies.
- Editing players’ status judgements/decisions in line with the Committee’s directions.
- Preparing documents, as necessary, to support the Player Status Committee in the decision-making process in accordance with the relevant regulations.
- Managing the Compliance of the decisions sent by the committees.
- Giving written and/or oral advice on the regulations as well as on general legal issues to players, clubs, state associations, agents, legal advisors etc.
- At least one (1) years of relevant legal experience in a sports organisation and/or law firm.
- Candidate must be a qualified lawyer
- Post-graduate qualifications in the sports law field are an asset
- Knowledge of drafting and reviewing contracts
- Excellent English language skills, both written and oral
- Interest in football
- Very good knowledge of MS Office
- Ability to work well under pressure in a team environment, and to work long hours when necessary
- Excellent communication skills, organisational and management skills
- Willingness to travel occasionally
Interested candidates should mail their CV along with expected remuneration to [email protected] with the subject as ‘Application for the Post of Assistant Legal Manager – PSRD’.
Apply between 29-12-2020 to 15-01-2021
Email: [email protected]
Official Website Link: Click here