About Internship Opportunity
The IIHS Internship Programme provides young scholars a uniquely interdisciplinary environment for learning and participating in ongoing research and practice projects. IIHS Internships will enable you to develop further in your chosen field and broaden your horizons in related fields. It is an immersive endeavour where theory meets practice and learning is largely experiential.
The work that we do involves various facets of sustainable development ranging across climate change, economic development, environment and sustainability, law, governance and public policy, human development, urban systems and infrastructure. Apart from this, we are also involved in content development, filmmaking, editing and design.
The internships will be paid positions. They will be located primarily in Bengaluru, while some will be in Delhi and Chennai.
The Opportunities: For Law Students
Academics & Research
- The intern will collect data – according to a given set of parameters – regarding courses and syllabi related to urban studies from various social sciences, humanities, law, and management departments/schools in higher education institutions across the country.
- This will involve compiling lists of courses and content where such information is readily available online; and/or contacting the faculty and staff in institutions to request information on a department-wise basis.
Who is it for?
- The intern is expected to be familiar with the structure of higher education institutions across India and have a broad understanding of the nature of social science and humanities education.
- A degree in the social sciences or education and a familiarity with social science research methods is desirable.
- The intern will map the research market for the IIHS Research Programme.
- He/she will assist in data mining, collation for analysis and in identifying opportunities in the research market.
Who is it for?
- The intern should be well versed in secondary research.
Legal & Regulation
- The intern will assist the Legal & Regulation team at IIHS on tasks such as research and drafting in relation to institutional contracts, legal opinions, and compliance matters.
- The intern will also be responsible for providing legal support and assistance on work related to the land records project in carrying out collection and analysis of relevant laws, policies, regulations, and databases/records pertaining to land and its governance and management in study states and locations.
Who is it for?
Candidates applying for internships in the Legal and Regulation area should be pursuing an undergraduate or Master’s degree in Law or be recent graduates of the same.
Who can Apply?
- Candidates who are committed, willing to learn, and able to work both independently and as part of a team.
- Previous professional work experience and academic coursework in the chosen field is desired but is not a requirement to participate in the IIHS Internship Program.
- Ideal candidates will possess outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, and demonstrate a willingness to learn while carrying out a variety of activities as needed.
- Candidates must be pursuing or be recent graduates or Masters or Ph.D. degrees in any discipline relevant to the themes outlined above.
The application process consists of a written submission and interview.
How to Apply?
1 to 6 Months
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.