Amity Law School: Ami-Hacks Legal Hackathon is a four days virtual hackathon which aims to encourage young students to create viable and innovative solutions to real-world problems. It is a platform for innovative developers, startup enthusiasts and budding entrepreneurs to come together virtually to ideate, innovate and inspire one another and the legal community.
About Amity Law School, Noida
“Amity Law School, Noida” is one of the leading institutions in the field of law. It was established as a philanthropic initiative by our Honorable Founder Dr. Ashok K. Chauhan. Amity Law School, Noida has been conferred with the South Asia Legal Excellence Award, best emerging Law school award by SILF and MILAT along with the “Promising Law School? award by Legal Desire. It is the dream of our Founder President Sir to make it a world-class educational institute in India and beyond.
It has set the bench mark in legal education by providing ample opportunities for education, research and capacity building. Amity Law School, Noida aims to impart high-quality professional education in a vibrant academic ambience with distinguished faculty and resource persons from the industry. Amity Law School, Noida has proved to be an epitome of legal education by striving for excellence in all its endeavors.
Objective of Ami-Hacks Legal Hackathon
- The innovation and technology concentration will help prepare young lawyers/ students for employment outside of traditional legal jobs, such as– legal process outsourcing, electronic discovery services, online client lead generation, automated document assembly, online law practice management, and similar services.
- It will help young lawyers to augment their techno-legal skills and ability to innovate which can be achieved through the appropriate use of law practice, technology and other innovative practices.
- It aims at bringing the legal industry together with tech and innovation, with the sole purpose of developing solutions for improving the legal industry globally.
The above objectives are sought to be achieved by presenting ideas & conducting deliberations in the presence of eminent persons working at the intersection of law and technology. Several mentoring sessions as well as webinars will be conducted to help the participants throughout the hackathon.
All students pursuing a 3 year or a 5 year LLB course or an LLM course from a recognized law school, university or institution in India are eligible to participate.
- Teams can consist of 2-4 members.
- Anyone with a valid college I-card can participate.
- Every individual must be a member of just one team.
*NOTE: The teams may consist of members of different institutions also.
- Proposal Submission
Teams can develop solutions that relate to either ‘improving the business of law’ or ‘facilitating access to justice’. They can pitch their technological and innovation related solutions or ideas catering to legal professionals, academicians or law students.
- Probono & Affordable Legal Service
- Legal Journalism
- Legal Awareness & Literacy
- Automation, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and Internet of Things (IoT) in Judicial System
- Legal Practice & Management
- Innovative tools for Dispute Redressal Platforms
III. Evaluation Criteria
- Innovativeness and Novelty of the proposed Idea
- Technical Competence
- Impact on target market and Business Potential Viability
IV. Mentoring Sessions and AMA
During the submissions and evaluations, various mentoring sessions and AMA (Ask Me Anything) sessions will be conducted with prestigious names from the industry. The sessions will cover informative and interactive sessions to guide the participants to formalize their ideas.
- Cash prizes worth Rs 25000
- Internship Opportunity with reputed Legal Start-up.
- Free Premium Courses
- Industry Mentorship for Starting with your own Start up
- For Winning team and first runner up – Free Company Registration* (Zero professional fees only nominal govt fees to be paid)
|Day 1||11th March||Inauguration Ceremony Elevator Pitch Cross Meets among Teams (quick date)/Any Other ActivityGeneral Mentoring Session|
|Day 2||12th March||Product Mentoring SessionsPitch Deck Presentation & Product Prototype in PPTActivity Evaluation & Eliminations Round Seminar of the day: Expert Speaker (How to be a Startup Lawyer )|
|Day 3||13th March||Financial Expert MentoringPitch your Final Deck AMA (Ask Me Anything) Session by the Real InvestorsEvaluation & Eliminations Round Seminar of the day: Expert Speaker (How to be a Legal Tech Entrepreneur)|
|Day 4||14th March||Top 5 final presentationsVoting by all members/ participants/ mentors – Extra Marks Valedictory and Prize Distribution|
- Elevator Pitch – An elevator pitch is a short description of an idea or product that explains the concept in a way such that any listener can understand it in a short period of time. This description typically explains who the thing is for, what it does, why it is needed, and how it will get done.
- Pitch Deck – A pitch deck is a presentation deck that is used to pitch your idea or company to any number of audiences, generally investors. One of the most important aspects of an effective pitch deck is to organize it based on the audience and forum to which it is being presented.
- Product Mentoring– The mentors will explain and help team regarding the process of building the tech product, features of product and UI process which includes building website or mobile app prototype.
- Pitch Deck Presentation- A PPT template will be given to a team and the teams will be required to prepare their startup idea ppt explaining the details mentioned in the PPT template.
- Prototype– Prototype means designs, chart or diagrams of the startup’s website or mobile app explaining how the product will function.
- Financial Mentoring- The mentors will explain and help team regarding the process of fixing price of the startup’s product or services, expenses, team size, connected source of revenues and requirement of funding in a startup.
- Pitching before real investors (AMA) – The teams will pitch before the real investors who will ask questions on business model, revenue model, amount the said startup is seeking to raise and where the teams will spend that amount if they get funding.
- Participants are required to submit their proposal within 250-500 words via e-mail on [email protected].
- Last date for submission of the proposal: 8th March 2021.
- The competition will be organized on the virtual platform: MS. TEAMS.
*Please note only 1 team member shall register on behalf of their teams.
Faculty Coordinator Deputy Faculty Coordinator
Ms. Swati Kaushal Dr. Chandrika Singh
Assistant Professor, Assistant Professor,
Amity Law School, Noida Amity Law School, Noida
Amity University Uttar Pradesh Amity University Uttar Pradesh
Ms. Damin Deo Singh: +91-7838511588 Ms. Devyani Prasad: +91-7982574829
Deputy Student Coordinator
Mr. Aakansh Prakash: +91-8860734215
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.