1st Article writing competition by Lexshastra: Submit by 03rd May 2021
Lexshastra is an emerging and highly regarded Indian Legal Portal focusing on Laws, Policies, Governance, and more. Lexshastra serves as a platform that aims at providing knowledge and advancements in legal literature, in all it’s a one-stop destination for everything related to law. Our primary objective is to develop a sense of enthusiasm towards legal research among young law students and provide them with a platform to exhibit their skills in a way that is helpful to the legal fraternity across India.
ABOUT THE FIRM
P & P Law Chambers is a firm of lawyers who cater to all the needs one may have across various areas and jurisdictions be it litigation, criminal medical negligence, family and property disputes, financial litigations and many more. They oblige to the issues of their clients with utmost efficiency and dedication and try to give satisfactory results in each of the cases that they take on. P & P Law Chambers has a team of experts who are well equipped and knowledgeable to get on any case that comes their way. P & P Law Chambers aims to work to make justice accessible to every member of the society.
ABOUT THE COMPETITION
Lexshastra in its endeavor to promote legal writing among students is hosting the 1st edition of the Article writing competition. The students by participating in this competition will get a chance to deliberate and elucidate on various contemporary legal issues. This competition will act as an opportunity for all the young and ambitious law students who aspire to sharpen their legal research and writing skills.
IMPORTANT SUBMISSION GUIDELINES FOR LEXSHASTRA’S FIRST ARTICLE WRITING COMPETITION, “LEKHSHASTRA”.
To abide by the guidelines and to maintain the quality, sanctity, uniformity, and smooth sailing of the article writing competition, there are a number of guidelines the participant(s) need(s) to follow before submitting their article.
The guidelines are as follows:
- The Competition is open for all the students currently pursuing their under-graduation/ post-graduation courses from any recognized university/college in India or across the world.
- All the participants willing to participate in the Article Writing Competition need to register with the link provided under: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
- All the participants will have to mail their submissions to: [email protected] with subject. (Eg: – Subject- Submissions for Lekhshastra & Body- Authors details)
- The article needs to be submitted in Microsoft Word (.docx) and PDF format. The submission should adhere to the following formatting style. Font: Times New Roman, Font size: 12, Line spacing: 1.5. (For Endnotes Font size: 10, Line spacing:1)
- The participant/participants need/needs to complete the whole Article in 1500 – 2000 words. This limit shall be exclusive of any explanatory endnotes that are added. Non-adherence of the word limit shall lead to strict disqualification from the competition.
- Co-authorship of a maximum of 2 persons is permitted, the registration fee for a single participant is Rs. 100 and for co-authorship, the registration fee is Rs. 200. There will be a restriction of one article per author/ one article per co-authors. Multiple submissions from the same author will not be entertained and the latest shall be accepted.
- No citation is allowed, only references are permitted as it is an opinion-based Article
- Writing Competition. Relevant sources such as judgments, laws, treaties, news article and other legal texts must be added as hyperlinks in-text. Where sources are not available as open-source documents, Endnotes may be added adhering to the uniform Bluebook 20th Edition citation style.
- The submissions should be unpublished, original and not under review with any similar platform. A maximum similarity of 15% is allowed. Non-adherence to this rule shall result in rejection of the article summarily with no chance for improvement. The organizers are very particular about the plagiarism as it defeats the purpose of the competition. Hence, the participants are advised to take care of the same.
- Every participant shall give signed undertaking that the article has not been published on any other platform.
- Last date for submission is 3rd May, 2021 before 6 p.m. and the results will be announced on 10th May, 2021.
NAME- SHYAM SUNDER
ACC. NO- 20339192405
BANK- STATE BANK OF INDIA
A/C TYPE- SAVINGS
UPI/PAYTM/GOOGLE PAY: – +91-7417973799
Authors (s) are free to write on any one of the social / legal topics given below:
- Medical Negligence Law
- Criminal Law
- Environmental Laws
- Constitutional Law
- Family Law
*Please note that the above mentioned are merely categories under which a participant is allowed to write their article, a title for the same must be made by each participant.
- The articles will be scored based on originality of analysis, depth of research, style of writing and communication of arguments. The decision of the evaluators will be final and binding.
- The organizers reserve the right to publish and disseminate article submitted to and for the Competition. Submission of the article in this Competition shall constitute consent to such publication and dissemination.
- A certificate of participation shall be e-mailed to all participants who have successfully submitted the article.
- The top 3 authors will get the opportunity to intern at the esteemed P & P Law Chambers.
- The top 5 articles will be published on the Lexshastra website.
- The authors of the top 3 articles can avail a 60% discount on Moot Masters Club of The Legal Chronicles.
The authors of the consecutive 5 articles can avail a 60% discount on the Training Program of Legal Research and Writing by The Legal Chronicles.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.