National Webinar & Call for Papers on “Water Management Laws: Life, Livelihood And Environment” by DSNLU: Submit Abstract by August 05, 2021
CALL FOR PAPERS
Hon’ble Mr. Justice L. Nageswara Rao Judge, Supreme Court of India & Hon’ble Visitor, DSNLU
Hon’ble Sri Justice Arup Kumar Goswami, The Chief Justice of High Court of AP & Hon’ble Chancellor, DSNLU
Prof. (Dr.) S. Surya Prakash, Hon’ble Vice Chancellor, DSNLU
Damodaram Sanjivayya National Law University, Visakhapatnam (DSNLU) is a public university constituted under the DSNLU Act, 2008. It is duly recognized by Bar Council of India and University Grants Commission. It offers 5-year integrated B.A. LLB. (Hons.) course, one-year LL.M. program, Ph.D. and LL.D. programs. The University adopts a multidisciplinary approach and has a good work environment. It lies in the foothills of the Eastern Ghats at Sabbavaram, Visakhapatnam district, AP, India. It is fully residential. The campus is green and elegant.
About the Webinar
DSNLU is organising a two-day National Webinar on “Water Management Laws: Life, Livelihood and Environment” on 04 and 05 September 2021. The Webinar is sponsored by the Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)- Southern Regional Centre (SRC), Hyderabad, a premier institution established by Government of India in 1969 to promote research in social science in the country. The Webinar will be hosted on Cisco Webex, an online videoconferencing application. The link will be sent to registered participants. There will be six technical sessions in the Webinar excluding the inaugural and valedictory. E-certificates will be provided to registered participants and paper presenters after the completion of the Webinar.
Objective of the Webinar
Water is the source of life. Oceans and the seas; rivers and the rivulets; ponds and the lakes quench our thirst and keep us clean and tidy. The water which, flows through these rivers and streams flows through our veins. If they are clean, we are clean. We exist, if they exist. Such an important source is facing a man-made crisis. Human intervention has led to depletion of water. The objective of the webinar is to discuss about the following issues.
The main themes are as follows:
- Access to Water as a Human Right Commodification; Privatization and Water Markets
- Prioritizing Allocation of Water
- Water as a source of Life: Unsustainable Practices
- Damming the Rivers
- Conservation of Water: Regulation of Usage of Ground Water and Surface Water
- Inter State and Intra State River Water Disputes
- Interlinking of Rivers
- Water Pollution: Externalities; Legal Instruments and Remedies
Sub Themes for the Technical Sessions
- The broad sub themes for the six technical sessions would be as follows:
- Right to water as a Human Right
- Access and Sharing of Water
- Commodification, Privatization and Water Markets
- Big Dams and Developmental Projects: Legal Implications
- Climate Change, Change in Rainfall Patterns, Water Security: Best Practices for Conservation of Water and Law
- Water Pollution: Externalities, Legal Instruments and Remedies
Note: In addition to above mentioned sub-themes, participants are free to pursue any other relevant sub-themes reflecting their own scholarly interests.
Deadline for Abstract Submission 05 August 2021
Communication of Acceptance 07 August 2021
Last Date for Registration 20 August 2021
Deadline for Full Paper Submission 25 August 2021
Dates of Webinar 04-05 September 2021
- Abstract and Full Paper submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, spacing 1.5
- Footnotes must be in Times New Roman, font size 10, single-spaced
- Footnoting style: The footnoting style of Indian Law Institute, New Delhi
- Margins: 1 Inch on all sides
- Word limit for Abstract is 300-500 words
- Abstract must be accompanied with the name, designation and contact details of Author and co-author
- Word limit for Full Paper is 3000-5000 words (exclusive of Footnotes)
- Co-authorship is allowed up to two authors.
- All the submissions should be sent to [email protected]
- Select few papers will be published in a book with an ISBN number subject to the discretion of the University
- Registration is open for all. There is no registration fee.
Registration Link: CLICK HERE TO REGISTER
For any queries:
Krishna Vamsi Suragani
International business law work is soaring right now. Post pandemic, E-commerce companies, startups and large corporations have been growing at an incredible pace.
Learn how in 5 years, you can take your career to a new high in the international market by joining this FREE 3-day bootcamp on “Career in International Business Law”, August 14-16, 2021, 6-9 p.m. Indian Standard Time. Click here.
- 7th International Conference on Law and Economics, 2021 by TNNLU: Submit by August 20
- Samvaad: The Discussion Forum Presents Moderated discussion on “LDAR 2021: Pushing development or Destroying heritage?”: July 29, 2021
- Webinar on “Divorce under Hindu Marriage Act, 1955” by Lawtsapp: August 01, 2021
- Legal Leaders 2021 by Reuters Events: October 19-20, 2021 (Register Now)
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.