Job Post: Legal Counsel at Shell India (Apply Now)
About Shell Legal:
Shell India’s activities occur within the complex Indian legal and regulatory system which has a multiplicity of authorities (viz. at federal, state and local level) and an intricate set of internal policies, procedures and controls.
In such intricate / complex environment, the successful candidate will work independently and take lead on various legal matters that are of strategic importance to Shell India.
Shell India has multi business facet which require advise pertaining to miscellaneous legal matters relating to retail network expansion including real estate transactions, lubricant manufacturing, sales and supply, miscellaneous contract and procurement matters, foreign exchange transactions, employee issues/disputes, environmental matters and partnership in context of new business development and new market entry, strategic business expansions, joint ventures, mergers & acquisitions, decarbonization and new energy projects in context of changing business of Shell.
Where you fit in?
An excellent opportunity for a legal counsel and a company secretary who wants to work on managing and strategizing Shell India’s general corporate/commercial legal work relating to various businesses and functions including identifying general legal sensitivities in a variety of area advising on potential legal and business issues in context of client objectives. You’ll help to expand the footprint of Shell in India and in doing so, grow your own reputation.
What’s the role?
As part of the legal team you will provide professional, cost-effective, practical and commercially savvy legal advice. You will proactively identify legal risks in a variety of circumstances and offer alternative strategies and mitigation steps balancing business desired outcomes and protecting the business against legal risks.
You are required to independently lead engagements with business leaders in managing their expectations on legal support. Fantastic opportunity for collaborating and coordinating with Legal colleagues across Regional/Global teams in delivering the desired outcomes in a risk mitigation
Work with third parties in dealing with corporate legal work including negotiations / engagements; keeping Shell India’s rights and reputation at forefront in all financial, contractual and other arrangements;
What we need from you?
We are keen to speak to you and our expectation is to see the below on your CV:
- LL. B degree and an associate membership (ACS) of the Institute of Company Secretaries of India having 7+ years post qualification experience.
- Excellent knowledge and experience of handling corporate, business and commercial transactions besides supporting day to day requirements of a company; ability of maintaining and managing great relationship with business; ability to identify legal risks and finding creative solutions thereto within acceptable legal and risk frameworks;
- Sound judgment on critical legal issues; strong drafting, influencing and negotiating skills; ability to lead complex / sensitive discussions and negotiations and work independently without supervision.
It’s your personal skills that will make all the difference. Positive and proactive, you must be a natural collaborator – someone who can cultivate strong professional networks and operate effectively in a corporate, team-focused environment. You should be accomplished at bringing out the best in others too, whether that’s supporting and coaching others or influencing and negotiating with key stakeholders and decision-makers.
Of course, you’ll need to convince us that you have an excellent understanding of legal risks and challenges and that you have the ability to identify the risks and liabilities. As well as being able to quickly grasp technical detail, working directly with experts in their field, it’s vital that you have the all-round communication skills to translate that information into language that’s readily understood by non-technical clients and colleagues.
How to Apply?
Official Notification: CLICK HERE
- FIFTEEN DAYS ONLINE REFRESHER COURSE IN-COLLABORATION WITH: GURU ANGAD DEV TEACHING & LEARNING CENTRE, PMMMNMTT, MINISTRY OF EDUCATION, GOVERNMENT OF INDIA; LAST DATE TO REGISTER 13TH JUNE 2021 (15TH-30TH JUNE, 2021)
- International Essay Writing Competition-Peter Drucker Challenge 2021: Submit by 07th June 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.