About United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC)
The United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change (UNFCCC) is the focus of the political process to address Climate Change. The UNFCCC secretariat supports the Convention, its Kyoto Protocol and the Paris Agreement through a range of activities, including substantive and organizational support to meetings of the Parties and the implementation of commitments. It is a dynamic organization working in a politically challenging environment to help resolve one of the defining environmental issues of our time.
Communications and Engagement Division is responsible for UNFCCC public communications,
and for catalyzing climate action among climate actors in governments, civil society and subnational organizations, through outreach, engagement and tracking of climate action
About the Internship Opportunity
Under the supervision of the Manager for the Communications & Engagement sub-division, and
in close collaboration with a staff member of the respective sub-division, the intern will assist the
C&E division in ensuring the timeliness and quality of the secretariat’s digital content and
supporting activities in English, both for the secretariat’s Newsroom and for social media.
The specific functions are:
• Assist in the preparation of various multimedia products for UN Climate Change’s social
media and website
• Assist in the research, preparation of written content for the Newsroom of UN Climate
• Assist in the conceptualization and production of new and innovative content for UN
Climate Change’s digital channels, particularly Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and
• Assist with targeted social media campaigns and prepare social media kits, including web
cards and draft messages, for sharing within the wider UN system and relevant NGOs and
• Edit videos using basic editing tools and help create social videos, add subtitles to videos
• Monitor and analyze statistics related to social media content.
• Assist in planning and organizing other communication activities as required.
The remote internship is for a period of minimum three months to maximum six months,
starting in October 2021. The exact period will be determined based on the availability of the
intern and the needs of the subdivisions.
Educational background: Candidates must be enrolled in the last year of an undergraduate degree or in graduate studies at a recognized university at the time of application and for the duration of the internship. Studies in the field of law, environmental management, business management, public policy, international relations, or related fields are preferred.
Experience: Prior exposure to another UN organization, Inter-governmental Organization and/or
climate change fields is an asset.
Language skills: Candidates must be fluent in English (both oral and written) and have strong
analytical and research skills.
Editing skills: Basic proficiency of Adobe Cloud editing tools are required.
General requirements: Proficiency in MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint); experience in reading
technical documentation; attention to detail.
UNFCCC secretariat internships are not remunerated, and the selected intern will be responsible for all costs before, during and after the internship assignment. Interns of the UNFCCC secretariat are not considered to be staff members. The selected intern will work remotely on a full-time basis (40 hours per week). For more detailed information about UNFCCC Internship programme please visit the internship section on our recruitment webpage
How to Apply
Candidates who are interested in this assignment and meet the minimum requirements must use
the online application system and include a cover letter. Due to the high number of applications,
only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted for a telephone interview.
LawSikho is organising a 3-day free Bootcamp on How to make a career in Mergers, Acquisition and Investment Law from 11th to 13th September between 6-9 pm IST.
You will get a step-by-step guide to become an M&A lawyer and learn about crucial skills like how to do due diligence for corporate transactions, how to draft a Shareholders Agreement and many more.
Click here to register: https://bit.ly/3h6jWjb
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at State Consumer Dispute Redressal Commission, New Delhi: Apply by 13 September!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv. Anuj Tiwari, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawfinity Solutions, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at SDRJ Records Industries P. Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Legal Internship Opportunity at Simon & Josephine, Panchkula, Haryana: Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at LiveLaw, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Azim Premji Foundation Fellowship 2022: Apply by October 29, 2021
- Teach For India 2022-2024 Fellowship Program: Apply by September 19
- Internship Opportunity at NITI Aayog: Apply by September 10, 2021
- Competition Commission of India (CCI) Internship Programme: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mindspright Legal, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Global Policy Research Foundation, New Delhi: Apply Now!
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.