About Indian Patent Office
The Office of the Controller General of Patents, Designs & Trade Marks (CGPDTM) is located at Mumbai. The Head Office of the Patent office is at Kolkata and its Branch offices are located at Chennai, New Delhi and Mumbai. The Trade Marks registry is at Mumbai and its Branches are located in Kolkata, Chennai, Ahmedabad and New Delhi. The Design Office is located at Kolkata in the Patent Office. The Offices of The Patent Information System (PIS) and National Institute of Intellectual Property Management (NIIPM) are at Nagpur. The Controller General supervises the working of the Patents Act, 1970, as amended, the Designs Act, 2000 and the Trade Marks Act, 1999 and also renders advice to the Government on matters relating to these subjects. In order to protect the Geographical Indications of goods a Geographical Indications Registry has been established in Chennai to administer the Geographical Indications of Goods (Registration and Protection) Act, 1999 under the CGPDTM.
The Union Cabinet approved the National Intellectual Property Rights (IPR) Policy on 12th May, 2016 that lays the future roadmap for IPRs in India. The Policy recognizes the abundance of creative and innovative energies that flow in India, and the need to tap into and channelize these energies towards a better
and brighter future for all.
About the Opportunity
This internship program aims to work towards the fulfilment of the following objectives of the National IPR Policy 2016:
– Objective 1
IPR Awareness: Outreach and Promotion – To create public awareness about the economic, social and cultural benefits of IPRs among all sections of society.
– Objective 2
Generation of IPRs – To stimulate the generation of IPRs
– Objective 7
Human Capital Development – To strengthen and expand human resources, institutions and capacities for teaching, training, research and skill building in IPRs
A. The applicant should:
(a) be a citizen of India; and
(b) is pursuing or has completed:
i. post-graduation / doctoral studies in science, or
ii. graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies in engineering or technology
iii. graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies in law, from any University established under law for the time being in force in the territory of India.
B. In case of candidates pursuing graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies, internship should be a requirement specified under their course curriculum.
C. The graduation / post-graduation / doctoral studies shall be from a government recognized institute.
D. The application for internship shall be accompanied by a recommendation from the Head of Institution.
No of Interns
The number of interns to be taken every year by the office of CGPDTM will be decided by the office every year depending upon the requirement, infrastructure and other facilities of the office.
The duration of the internship shall be as per the requirement of the course curriculum.
Place of internship
Place of internship can be at the IP Office Delhi, Mumbai, Kolkata, Chennai and RGNIIPM, Nagpur.
No honorarium of any sort shall be paid to the intern.
Intellectual Property Rights
All intellectual property rights relating to any protectable subject matter created by the intern under the course of internship shall belong to Office of CGPDTM. However due acknowledgement will be given to the interns in the certificate.
A leave of three days per month, excluding medical leave, will be provided to the intern.
Outcome of the internship
Interns will be given assignment on the emerging issues in patents and will be required to submit a research paper at the end of the internship program.
Upon successful completion of internship, a certificate shall be issued by the Head of Office where the intern has interned.
How to Apply:
Applicants are requested to submit their CV and a cover letter containing a brief synopsis of the proposed topic of study during the internship to [email protected]. Internships shall be filled by way of a selection process as adopted by the office of CGPDTM.
Selected interns will have to provide a certified copy of their certificates.
Interns shall not be treated as staff members.
- Legal Internship Opportunity at EBC Publishing Pvt. Ltd, Lucknow: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Delhi Commission for Protection of Child Rights (DCPCR): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Kamti and Singh Associates, New Delhi: Apply by Oct 15!
- Legal Research Editors Required at Corp Comm Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Quasar Legal: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Adv Akaant K M: Apply by Oct 14!
- Online Short Term Internship Programme (with Stipend) November 2021 by National Human Rights Commission (NHRC): Apply by Oct 19!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at GnS Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Campus Activewear Pvt Ltd, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Indospirit New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Propelld, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lawyered, Gurgaon: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Chambers of Abhinav Mishra: Advocates & Solicitors, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Reliance General Insurance: Apply Now!
- Indirect Taxes Internship Scheme, 2021 by Central Board of Indirect Taxes & Customs, Ministry of Finance: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Blackberrys Menswear: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at SDS Advocates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Airmeet: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IP Bulletin: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thukral Law Associates: Apply Now!
- Think India’s Research Assistantship under Dr. Aniruddha Rajput (Member, International Law Commission (2017-2021): Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at ANB Legal (Corporate Commercial Team), Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at J & G Associates: Apply Now!
- Research Associate under Krusha Bhatt (Lecturer, JGLS): Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TechPose India: Apply Now!
- Legal Reporter/Writer (Part-time) at MxMIndia: Apply by Oct 7!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Cred: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Inovatree Consultants LLP: Apply by Oct 8!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at JK Tech, Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Mantavya Legal, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with Stipend) at Skywards Law, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Dave and Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Paid Research Associates with Mithali Agarwal ( 3rd Year and above): Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AKJ Attorneys & Solicitors LLP, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at TM Ventures Pvt. Ltd, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at IndiGrid, Mumbai: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at P & P Associates, Ahmedabad: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity under Geeta Kanwar: Apply Now!
- Research Associate at Sigma Chambers, Advocates and Solicitors: Apply Now!
- Winter Internship at Department of Justice, Ministry of Law & Justice ( Nov-Dec): Apply Now!
- Internship Opportunity at Invest India: Apply by September 30!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Sapphire & Sage – Law Offices: Apply by September 27!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Law Office of Gaurav H Sethi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Alpha AI: Apply by Sept 30!
- Internship Opportunity at Delhi Skill & Entrepreneurship University (DSEU): Apply by September 26!
- Legal Internship Opportunity ( With Stipend) at LegalPay: Apply Now!
- Online Legal Internship Opportunity with Adv. Ashish Panday [Delhi High Court]: Applications Open
- Research Intern at D91 Labs (an Initiative by Setu) with Stipend: Apply Now
For More Internship Opportunities: CLICK HERE
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.