The RGNUL Student Research Review (RSRR) Journal is a bi-annual, student-run, blind peer-reviewed, flagship journal based at Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab. It was founded with the objective of facilitating arguments in black and white.
Call for Papers
The Editorial Board invites submissions from academicians, practitioners, legal luminaries, and students on the theme “Development and Future of Energy Transition: Analyzing the Legal Landscape.”
The energy industry fuels economies all around the world and has a significant impact on other sectors including investment, environment, technological innovation, and international commitments, among others. Presently, the challenge plaguing the industry is regarding the reduction of our dependence on fossil fuels while ensuring that everyone has access to reliable and affordable energy alternatives. This, however, has been accompanied by a plethora of challenges. In view of the unexplored potential of the energy industry, the novel challenges and concerns, and the lack of a sound legal mechanism, RSRR seeks to delve into the theme to review and analyse the present policy framework in light of everyday developments.
The primary objective behind this theme is to provide a platform for legal analysis, insightful commentary, and in-depth analysis that can bridge the gap between relevant legal developments in the energy sectors, and ultimately enhance the discourse surrounding such stigmatized topics.
We welcome submissions from legal practitioners, academicians, students, and members of the legal fraternity.
For more details, kindly refer to the link for the ‘Call for Papers’ attached, herein.
RSRR invites submissions on the following sub-themes:
I. Mapping India’s Policy Landscape: Emerging Focus on Renewable Energy
1. Green Hydrogen Policy, 2022: A Solution to Power Security?
2. Energy Conservation (Amendment) Bill, 2022: An Attempt to Fulfill India’s Ambitious Global Goals?
3. Administrative Reforms in the Electricity Appellate Tribunals, and the Electricity Contract Enforcement Authority
4. National Renewable Energy Legislation: Need of the Hour?
II. Disruptive Practices in the Energy Sector: A Legal Analysis
1. Creating a Domestic Carbon Credit Trading Market and Empowering Indian Issuance of Carbon Trade Certificates
2. Carbon Credit Export Policy of India: India’s Learning from Other Nations
3. The Legality of Carbon Farming in India: Need for a Regulation
4. Need for Comprehensive Legislation for the Governance of Electric and Battery Operated Vehicles
5. Ensuring Equity and Sustainability in Agriculture: Integration of Solar Practices into Current Agricultural Trends
III. Global Energy Transition Outlook: Lessons for India?
1. The US Inflation Reduction Act: Economy, Energy, and Environment
2. EU’s “Fit for 55”: A Frontrunner in Renewable Energy Transitions
3. International Agreements and Transition Goals: The Credibility of
IV. Mapping the Commercial Domain of Energy-Based Transactions
1. Governing the Increased Anti-Competitive Conduct in the Power Sector: An Industry-Based Legal Analysis
2. Structural and Behavioral Remedies for Competitive Bidding in the Wind and Solar Power Sector
3. Simplifying the Application of GST in the Energy Sector: Preparing an Optimal Taxation Structure
4. A Legal Analysis of Insurance Policies in the Project, Infrastructure, and Energy sectors
5. Tracing the Current FDI trends in the Energy Sector: Analysis of the Indian Legal Structure
V. Understanding Consumer’s Stance in the Energy Transition Model
1. Electricity (Rights of Consumers) Rules, 2020: Role of Prosumers
2. Energy Poverty and the SDG Goal 7: The Balance between Tall Claims and Consumer Reality
The above-mentioned sub-themes and sub-points are only illustrative and not exhaustive, and the authors are free to write upon any other sub-theme, provided they fall within the broad ambit of this journal’s theme.
The RSRR invites papers under the following categories: –
· Articles (5,000 to 10,000 words)
· Short Notes (3,500 to 5,000 words)
· Case Comments (2,000 to 4,000 words)
· Legislative Comments (2,500 to 4,000 words)
· Normative Law Articles (3,000 to 5,000 words)
Instructions for Authors
1. All submissions must be in Garamond, font size 12, spacing 1.5.
2. All footnotes shall be in Garamond 10, single-spaced, and should conform to the Oxford University Standard for Citation of Legal Authorities (OSCOLA) mode of citation
3. Margins: Left 1 Inch and Right 1 Inch, Top 1 Inch and Bottom 1 Inch (A4).
4. The word limit is exclusive of all the footnotes.
5. Co-authorship is allowed for up to 2 authors.
6. All submissions must include an abstract of a maximum of 250 words.
8. All submissions must be accompanied by a cover letter in a separate document stating the details of the author(s).
9. All entries should be submitted in .doc/ .docx format only.
10. The author(s) bear sole responsibility for the accuracy of facts, opinions or views stated in the submitted paper. In case of any plagiarism found in the contents of the submitted paper, the Manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
The abstracts and the papers must be mailed to [email protected], with the subject “Submission for Volume 9, Issue 1 – Type of Submission (Article/ Short Note/ Case Comment/ Normative Law Articles)”.
The submissions of abstracts and papers should accompany a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference in the mail body itself.
The deadline for final paper submission, including the abstract, is by 19th November 2022 by 11:59 P.M. (IST).
For any further queries, contact us at [email protected].
For more details refer to the attached Call for Papers.
- Virtual National Conference on ‘Human Rights of Slum Dwellers and Forced Eviction’ by NLSIU: Register by 20th Nov 2022
- Call for Papers: 15th International Seminar on ‘Right to Privacy in Digital Era-Challenges and Solutions’: Submit by Nov 20, 2022
- Call for Papers: Maharishi Journal for Law & Society, Vol. IV Issue I with ISSN: 2581- 8007 by Maharishi Law School, Noida: Submit by 25 November 2022
- Call for Papers: JUSTITIA Osmania University Law Journal: Submit by December 05, 2022
- Call for Papers: International Conference by South Asian University: Submit Abstract by December 12, 2022
- Call for Papers: Centre for Corporate Research Law Journal (Volume 6), Institute of Law, Nirma University: Submit by 28th November 2022
- Call for Submissions – “UDBHAV” by Think India Assam: Submit by 13th November 2022
- Call for Papers: Journal on Corporate Laws & Commercial Regulations, MNLU Mumbai: Submit by 20th November 2022
- Call for Blogs: International law and Policy Society NLUO [ILPS]: Rolling Submissions for 2022-2023
- National Essay Writing Competition, 2022 by AGISS Research Institute: Submit by Nov 10!
- Call For Papers: Journal of Intellectual Property Law (JIPL) by Nirma University: Submit by December 04!
- Call for Papers | Volume 9 Issue 1 of the RSRR Journal, RGNUL: Submit by Nov 19!
- Call for Blogs | “International Conflict & Human Rights” by CRaSH, DNLU: Submit Now!
- Call For Submissions for the e-Magazine-Fourth Edition by Delhi Metropolitan Education (DME): Submit by Nov 05!
- 5th National Essay Writing Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL: Submit by Dec 15!
- CoP | National Seminar on Law and Technology by RMLNLU[Jan 07-08]: Submit Abstract by Nov 05!
- Guest Lecture on “Arbitration: Emerging Trends for Dispute Resolution” by CCADR, CNLU: Oct 14
- CfP | Aikyam Law Journal by Starex University, Gurugram: Submit by Oct 16!
- CfS | Competition Law Observer Blog by NLU Jodhpur| Submit Now!
- Interactive Session on RTI as a Tool for Electoral Transparency and Accountability by CCLG, RGNUL: Oct 11!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.