Rajiv Gandhi National University of Law, Punjab is one of the leading national law universities across the nation. The university was established in 2006 and has been accredited with an ‘A’ grade by NAAC. Besides academic excellence, the university also promotes co-curricular activities like moot court competition among students which help them in inculcating expertise in the intricacies of this highly competitive profession.
About the Moot Competition
The Surana & Surana and RGNUL Moot has been conceived to create opportunities for learning and development of jurisprudence on emerging trends in International Law besides developing cutting-edge skills in research, writing, and advocacy. Further, it is aimed to facilitate the evolution of International Law through the jurisprudential analysis of the existing law and consequential emergence of new laws.
The competition is open for students who are studying LL.B. three-year or five-year courses during the current academic year. Each team shall consist of a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 3 members.
The Moot shall be held offline at RGNUL campus, Patiala from September 29 – October 1, 2022
Online registrations are open from the 4th August 2022. The deadline for registration is 31 August 2022. Teams are requested to register online at www.moot.in. Only 24 teams will be registered to participate in the competition on a first-come-first-serve basis. Upon receiving the acknowledgment of the registration, participants are requested to follow the procedure given in the Rules for final registration. The Registration fee for the moot is INR 6,000/-
- Winner – INR 21,000/-
- Runners Up – INR 15,000/-
- Best Memorial – INR 8,000/-
- Best Student Advocate – INR 8,000/-
Last date of Registration – 31 August 2022Last date for seeking clarifications – 1 September 2022Release of clarifications – 4
September 2022Last date of submitting the memorials (Soft Copy) – 22
September 2022Oral Rounds –
September 30 – October 1, 2022
For Registration Mr. Preetam Surana [email protected]Ph: 044-28120000
Faculty Coordinator Dr. Gettika Walia [email protected]Ph: 0175 – 2391372
Student Coordinators Mr. Divyank Tikkha [email protected]Ph: +91 6370536607
Ms. Tanisha Singh [email protected]Ph: +91 9413309117
- Call for Papers | International Seminar on Environmental Law & Policy by AGISS Research Institute & MVN University: Submit Abstract by Oct 14!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Bajaj Allianz, Pune: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at AMRG & Associates, New Delhi: Apply Now!
- Policy Internship at Internet Freedom Foundation, Delhi: Apply by Sep 30!
- Virtual Legal Internship Opportunity at ubAdvocate, Delhi: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Office of a Sitting Judge at the Delhi High Court: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at the Law Office of Aishwarye Dubey, Mumbai: Apply by Oct 10!
- Legal Internship Opportunity (with stipend) at Verdictum: Apply Now!
- 1st Legislation Drafting Competition by GNLU Centre for Research in Criminal Justice Science: Submit by Nov 30!
- 2nd Training Programme on International Maritime Law by Gujarat Maritime University in association with Hemvati Nandan Bahuguna Garhwal University: Oct 3-9!
- Conference on ‘Mediation: A Suggested Resolution, A Forced Compromise or an Amicable Settlement?’ by WDE- World Disputes Ecosystem: Sept 29!
- Legal Conclave on, ‘Indianisation of Legal System and Education’ by Law Faculty of Delhi University: Sept 29/30!
- Webinar series on ” MEDIATION IN ACTION- Process and Techniques” by ACADR, Alliance University: Sept 26!
- Call for Papers | Interdisciplinary National Conference by BIHER: Submit by Sep 26!
- Call for Applications | Junior Lawyer at Independent Thought, Greater Noida: Apply Now!
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Thomas George and Associates, Hyderabad: Apply Now!
- 12th Padma Vibhushan N.A. Palkhivala Memorial National Moot Court (Virtual) Competition 2022 by MNLU Mumbai: Register by Oct 31!
- 12th Checkmate National Moot Court Competition 2022 by Army Institute of Law: Register by Sep 30!
- 2nd Annual Lex Fiesta 2022 by CLS GIBS: Register by Nov 1!
- Call for Blogs | Nirma University, Centre for Intellectual Property Rights’ IP Blog: No Fees, Submit Now!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.