ABOUT THE NLUO LAW JOURNAL AND SPECIAL ISSUE
The NLUO Law Journal (ISSN: 2348-8913) is the flagship publication of National Law University Odisha published by Eastern Book Company, Lucknow. An annual peer-reviewed journal aims to encourage legal scholarship in national and international inter-disciplinary legal issues. After the first volume in 2013, three consecutive volumes of the journal were formulated as special issues on ‘Access to Justice’, ‘Child Rights’ and ‘Climate Change’.
The Special Edition of the National Law University Odisha Law Journal [NLUOLJ], on the special theme of ‘Election Laws’ aims to foster and enhance discussion on legal issues related to elections, one of the most exciting, contemporary constitutional discourses among scholars, students and legal practitioners. This volume aims to extend its scope beyond the status quo, looking into the future of elections in India in a world of breakneck social, legal, political and technological development.
We welcome submissions on any of the following sub-themes to enable us to bring out the special issue:
- Representation of Anglo Indians in Parliament
- Post-Poll Alliances and Constitutionality
- Election Manifesto
- Electoral Bonds and Political Funding
- NOTA: Contemporary Relevance
- Electoral Justice and Participation of Under-represented groups
- Regulating Election Campaign on Social Media/Online Platforms
- Model Code of Conduct: Application and Analysis
- Transparency, Disclosure of Assets and Nominations
- Electronic Voting Machine
- Role of Civil Society in Electoral Process
Note: The above sub-themes are only illustrative. NLUO would welcome papers on other topics related to Election Law.
- All the word limits mentioned above are exclusive of footnotes. Kindly note that the word limits will be strictly enforced.
- All the submissions must consist of an Abstract of not more than 300 words, main contribution and a declaration of originality. The abstract will not be included in the prescribed word limit.
- A submission can be co-authored by a maximum of two people. Submissions are invited from undergraduate and postgraduate students, academicians, practitioners and research scholars.
- Note: The last date for submission is 15th May 2020.
Submissions can be in the form of long articles, short notes, book reviews. The acceptable word limit should not exceed:
- Long Articles: 8000-10000 words
- Short Notes: 4000-8000 words
- Case Comments/Legislative Comments: 3000 words
- Book Review: 2000-3000 words
Authors are requested to send their original, unpublished submissions in .doc/.docx format to nluojournal[at]nluo.ac.in. The name of the file must contain Name of the Author(s) + Title of the Submission.
The submissions must be accompanied by a covering letter bearing the following information:
- Full Name of the Author(s)
- Position/Year of Study
- Institutional Affiliations (if any)
- Contact Details of the Author(s)
- Declaration of Originality of research
Editor-in-Chief: Dr. Yogesh Pratap Singh (nluojournal[at]nluo.ac.in, +91 8392939345)
Ms. Rishika Khare (rishika.khare[at]nluo.ac.in)
Ms. Nikita Pattajoshi (nikita[at]nluo.ac.in)