About the India Law and Policy Blog & Corp Comm Legal
India Law and Policy Blog (ILAPB) is an initiative taken by like-minded students to promote legal research and writing across the country. The blog aims to create a platform where there is a constant flow of ideas on contemporary legal issues. The purpose of this blog is to bridge the gap between the opinion of a law student and the analysis of a legal professional.
CorpCommLegal is a corporate/commercial law focused firm with its head office inNew Delhi, India. It has associate offices across all major cities in India and it also works with foreign law firms on a non-exclusive basis on international transactions.
About the Competition
India Law and Policy Blog (ILAPB) and Corp Comm Legal are organizing an Online Article Writing Competition. This Competition provides all law students a platform to engage themselves in critical thinking and enhance their writing skills.
The competition seeks to allow all law students to utilize their time during this pandemic productively and showcase their legal research and writing skills. The competition shall reward students with excellent writing skills by giving them cash prizes, an internship opportunity at Corp Comm Legal and a publication opportunity on India Law and Policy Blog (ILAPB) along with a Certificate of Publication.
The theme of the competition is not restricted to a particular area, but any Contemporary Legal Issue.
The competition is open to all law students pursuing a 5-year integrated course as well as 3-year LL.B course and pursuing LL.M Degree from any recognized college or university.
- Last Date for Registration: 25th June 2020. (11:59 PM IST)
- Last Date for Submission: 5th July 2020. (11:59 PM IST)
- Declaration of Results: 20th July 2020.
Guidelines for Submissions
- Co-authorship is permitted (maximum of 2 authors).
- All submissions must be sent to [email protected] (India Law and Policy Blog)
- The subject of the e-mail should be “Submission: Article Writing Competition”.
- All the entries must be typewritten and must not be more than 2000 words excluding footnotes.
- The submission must be made only in *.doc or *.docx format.
- All footnotes must be in conformity with the 19th Bluebook Edition.
- The content should be the original work of the writer and should not have been given to any other competition or for any publication.
- Submissions with plagiarized content and copyright issues will be rejected outrightly.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
- The submission shall be accompanied with another word document comprising of a Cover Letter mentioning the Name of the Author/s; Name and address of the Institution/College/University; Designation; Year of Study; Contact Number; Email ID.
The submissions shall adhere to the following rules:
- Font: Times New Roman
- Font size: 12
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Alignment: Justified
- Citations: 19th Bluebook Edition (footnotes)
Note: The last date for submission of the article is 5th July 2020.
- 1st Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 1500 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at Corp Comm Legal + Free Publication of the Article on ILAPB (India Law and Policy Blog) along with a Certificate of Publication.
- 2nd Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 1000 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at Corp Comm Legal + Free Publication of the Article on ILAPB (India Law and Policy Blog) along with a Certificate of Publication.
- 3rd Prize: Cash Prize of Rs. 800 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at Corp Comm Legal + Free Publication of the Article on ILAPB along with a Certificate of Publication.
- Rank 4 – 6: Certificate of Appreciation + ILAPB (India Law and Policy Blog) Editorial Board Membership + Free Publication of the Article on ILAPB along with a Certificate of Publication.
- Rank 7 – 10: Certificate of Appreciation + Free Publication of the Article on ILAPB along with a Certificate of Publication.
- Each participant shall be provided with a Certificate of Participation.
Interested students must register themselves by paying the required registration fee.
Single Author: Rs. 100/-
Co-Author (2 authors): Rs. 150/-
Note: The participants shall upload a screenshot of their transaction receipt while registering.
Mode of Payment
- Paytm: 7665122251
- Google Pay: 7665122251
- UPI ID: [email protected]
- After paying the requisite amount, participants shall register by filling this form before 25th June 2020.
Email: [email protected]
Contact No: +91 9113016868/+91 9871617517