About the Journal
Legal Rioters seeks to provide a platform to everyone who wishes to write or analyze any legal or interrelated areas of law and economy, law and technology, or purely analytical work. It seeks to foster research and writing skills. Legal Rioters respect your thoughts, whether you hail from NLIU or ILNU, quality knows no boundaries, nor does this platform. In this age of fast news and 30-second sound bites, a blog serves to fill the gap that a journal cannot. It gives space for analysis of an event before it loses its relevance altogether. This is why we at Legal Rioters have decided to start our very own blog on matters of law and other areas of the society.
About the Competition
Child abuse is a volatile subject matter in India and requires a stern approach to eradicate the same. In an effort to engage the authors critically into these laws of this horrific crime, Legal Rioters is organizing its first edition of the National Article Writing Competition based on Criminal Law. One cannot have everything on the platter and in order to improve the understanding, research, garnished with analytical skills, this competition has been organized.
Need For a Reform In POCSO
- The mystery behind low conviction rates in POCSO
- Analyzing the provision of commutation of death penalty in POCSO
- Issues and challenges faced by the government in protection of child rights
- Impact of 2019 Amendment
- Whether POCSO can become an adjective law?
It is to be noted that the sub-themes are not exhaustive and the authors are free to explore any grey area of law pertaining to POCSO. This list is not superimposing the ideas of the authors.
Legal Rioters invites Articles from students/research scholars enrolled in any UG/PG/PhD course, academicians associated with any educational institution (University/College), professionals across various fields in India, whose thoughts resonate with the theme.
The Article shall be marked out of 100. In order to gauge the articles, the parameters shall be as follows:
- Uniqueness of the topic
- Extent of Research
- Applicability of the Reform Suggested
- A registration fee of Rs. 250 for single-authorship and Rs. 300 for Co-authorship.
- Co-authorship is allowed for a maximum of two authors.
Registration form can be filled here.
All the early bird registrations shall be done for Rs. 150 only for single-author and co-authors also. Will be allowed till 7th August only.
UPI ID: [email protected]
- Deadline for registration: 12th August 2020
- Deadline for submission: 23th August 2020
- Declaration of the result: 31st August 2020
- First Position: A cash prize of Rs. 2000+ Certificate of Merit
- Second Position: A cash prize of Rs. 1500+ Certificate of Merit
- Top 10 articles shall be given an opportunity of free Publication
- All the participants shall receive a Certificate of Participation
- Word Limit: All the blog submissions should be in the range of the word count of 1000-1500 words.
- The references shall be hyperlinked within the blog, endnotes and footnotes are not accepted. The word limit may be relaxed in exceptional cases.
- Form of Submission: Submissions must be in electronic form. All submissions must be word-processed, single-spaced in Garamond, font size 12 and justified.
- All the submissions must be sent to [email protected]. (Legal Rioters)
- All submissions must be accompanied with a covering letter, containing the name of the author/s, institutional affiliation, title and category of the submission and a contact address of the author, including the e-mail address and the phone number.
- Submissions should be sent as MS word (.doc or .docx format) attachments with the title of the article as the file name. PDF shall not be accepted.
contact no: 8347251823 (Legal Rioters)