Legal Education is the solution of aiding individuals who cannot manage the cost of representation and access to the framework of court. It is viewed as a focal in giving access to equity by ensuring impartiality before the law, the option to advise, and the privilege to a reasonable precursor.
It is a stage aiming at escalating legal knowledge and giving bright comprehension and insight into different fields of law to ensure that lawful information infiltrates to every corner of the legal profession. Through aspiring and diligent legal intellect all over the world, we aim to impart knowledge on modern legal issues and expansions in the universal field of law to the majority.
We, at The Law Gazette, imagine an increasingly comprehensive and majority rule blogosphere as an important antecedent to a better-informed populace. We endeavour every day to assemble a story that is increasingly differing, comprehensive, and progressively dynamic – so we will be honoured with a tomorrow that is different, extensive, and open-minded. We will give a significant contemporary evaluation of issues and advancements in the legal field and set forward quality legal knowledge for the majority with a group of prominent characters from the legal field.
With the view of bridging the gap between the common person and non-professionals, we provide opportunities to every young budding mind of the legal fraternity to come forward and share their beautiful and creative legal thoughts and broadcast their skills in legal writing. With this aim, The Law Gazette invite you all to participate in India’s 1st Method Blog Writing Competition.
The Law Gazette welcomes all kinds of submissions, including (but not limited to) blogs, opinions, case comments, and short notes on any issue of prime importance related to the legal sphere.
- Students pursuing three or five-year LLB courses from any recognized Law school/college/university in India are eligible to participate.
- Students pursuing their LLM from any Law school/college/university are eligible to participate.
- Academicians, Researchers, and Ph.D./Doctoral Scholars from the field of law.
- Advocates, NGOs, and Think Tank.
GUIDELINES FOR SUBMISSIONS
- Submissions shall be made in English only.
- All submissions must be in Times New Roman, font size 12, with 1.5 line spacing.
- Submissions shall be made in not more than 1500 words. (Exclusive of endnotes)
- All submissions must be accompanied with an abstract in not more than 300 words.
- Please ensure the inclusion of endnotes instead of footnotes. All endnotes shall be in Times New Roman, 12, with 1.5 line spacing.
- Sub-headings must be underlined with font size 14.
- Co-authorship to a maximum of two authors, of the same or different institutions, is permissible.
- The blog shall be in a single-column layout with margins justi?ed on both sides.
- The citation style must be in conformation with The Bluebook, A Uniform System of Citation (19th or 20th Edition).
- The work submitted shall be original and unpublished. More than 20% plagiarism in the manuscript shall be subject to rejection.
- The manuscript should be accompanied by a cover letter specifying the author’s name, designation, institute, contact number, and email for future reference. (Authors are requested not to put their name anywhere in the main manuscript).
- All submissions must be mailed to [email protected] with the subject line “Submission: Blog Writing Competition”in .doc or .docx format.
- The responsibility of the author is to ensure that the submissions do not contain any material that is defamatory, obscene, or otherwise unlawful or litigious.
- The decision of the judges shall be final and binding.
- All copyrights to entries selected for publication will vest with The Law Gazette. However, all moral rights shall remain with the author(s).
- No entry will be entertained without registration.
- The manuscripts not abiding by the above guidelines are liable to be rejected.
The submissions shall be evaluated based on the following criteria –
|S. No.||Criteria||Maximum Marks|
|Language, Structure and Writing Style||10|
|Quality and use of endnotes||10|
- The Blog follows a comprehensive double-blind review process. The Journal shall endeavour to keep the author(s) informed about the status of their manuscript as it goes through each stage of review.
- The Board of Editors retains complete discretion over acceptance or rejection of manuscripts.
- The Board of Editors will not entertain requests for advance decisions based on abstracts, topic proposals or outlines. Editorial decisions shall be based solely on a review of the final manuscripts submitted by the author(s).
- Post-review, manuscripts may be returned to the author(s) with suggestions related to substance and/or style. Acceptance of a manuscript for publication is contingent on the incorporation of such suggestions to the satisfaction of the Board of Editors.
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication by the Board, the copyright over the manuscript is vested in the Blog. However, the moral rights over the manuscript shall vest in the author(s).
- Upon acceptance of the manuscript for publication, the same shall not be published on any other platform. The Blog only accepts exclusive publications.
While submitting to the Blog, the author(s):
- Warrants that the manuscript is their original work, and that there is no impediment to its publication on the Blog.
- Consents to the publication of the submitted piece on the Blog provided that they are fully acknowledged as the author(s).
- Authorises the Board of Editors to use and store personal data provided by the author(s) for the purposes of the Blog.
- Consents to editorial changes and accepts that the editors have discretion in choice of the post title.
- Last Date for Registration: 25th August 2020. (11:59 PM IST)
- Last Date for Submission: 31st August 2020. (11:59 PM IST)
- Declaration of Results: 15th September, 2020
1st Prize – Cash Prize of Rs 1000 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at The Law Gazette + Publication of the blog on thelawgazette.org along with a Certificate of Publication.
2nd Prize – Cash Prize of Rs 500 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at The Law Gazette + Publication of the blog on thelawgazette.org along with a Certificate of Publication.
3rd Prize – Cash Prize of Rs 300 + Certificate of Merit + Online Internship Opportunity at The Law Gazette + Publication of the blog on thelawgazette.org along with a Certificate of Publication.
Rank 4 & 5 – Certificate of Appreciation + Amazon vouchers + Publication of the blog on thelawgazette.org along with a Certificate of Publication.
Note: We may offer Editorial Board Membership to Top 5 Participants.
Each participant shall be provided with an e-Certificate of Participation. (The Law Gazette)
Please note that the winner needs to provide bank details in his/her name for the transfer of the winning amount. All transactions will be digital. No cash transaction will be made in this regard.
The participants shall upload a screenshot of their transaction receipt while registering.
Interested students must register themselves by paying the required registration fee (refer to the table attached below).
|Single Author||Rs 100|
PLEASE NOTE: The participants shall upload a screenshot of their transaction receipt while registering.
Payment has to be made by scanning the QR Code or by sending to the UPI ID/PayTm no. through PhonePe or PayTm application.
PayTm No. – 7544813155
UPI ID – [email protected]
For any further information or clarifications, reach out to us at [email protected]
LinkedIn: https://www.linkedin.com/company/thelawgazette (The Law Gazette)
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/thelawgazette/ (The Law Gazette)