About Manipal University Jaipur
The Manipal Education and Medical Group is an established leader in the field of education, research and healthcare. In a span of over six decades, it has transformed the lives of more than 3,00,000 students from over 59 countries. The group includes five Universities – Manipal Academy of Higher Education (MAHE, Karnataka), Sikkim Manipal University (Sikkim), American University of Antigua (Caribbean Islands), Manipal International University (Malaysia) and Manipal University Jaipur (Jaipur).
Manipal University Jaipur (MUJ) was launched in 2011 on an invitation from the Government of Rajasthan, as a self-financed State University. MUJ has redefined academic excellence in the region, with the Manipal way of learning; one that inspires students of all disciplines to learn and innovate through hands on practical experience.
Jaipur, being one of the fastest growing cities in India, has increasing demand for quality higher education in the region. Following an allotment of 122 Acres of land at Dehmi Kalan village near Jaipur, the permanent campus of the University has come up at a fast pace and is by far one of the best campuses in the region.
The multi-disciplinary university offers career-oriented courses at all levels, i.e., UG, PG and doctoral and across diverse streams, including Engineering, Architecture, Planning, Fashion Design, Interior Design, Fine Arts, Hospitality, Humanities, Journalism and Mass Communication, Basic Sciences, Law, Commerce, Computer Applications, Management, etc. Some PG programmes are also available in the research mode.
About the Competition
Legal Aid Clinic, School of Law, Manipal University Jaipur is glad to announce its National Article Writing Competition in association with Singhvi & Co. The primary objective of this competition is to encourage law students across various colleges in India, to develop analytical thinking on social issues and analyse the existing laws.
We recognize the need for a platform for students pursuing law where they can showcase and improve their legal research and writing along with writing about topics that can bring change in our society. The primary objective of this competition is to encourage law students across various colleges in India, to develop analytical thinking on social issues and analyse the existing laws. With an endeavour to encourage the enthusiasm of the young students of the legal fraternity to come up with new ideas and suggestions to decipher current legal conflicts, the broad theme of the competition is reserved to social issues which surround our nation proving students with a more comprehensive list of topics they can write on. The participants are not restricted regarding the topic. Any contemporary issue with critical and comparative analysis will be encouraged.
However indicative list as to the diverse areas of laws are as follows:
- The guarantee of fundamental rights under Indian Constitution: During and After Life (A critical analysis in consonance with COVID-19 situation).
- Balancing the relationship between Indian democracy and freedom of internet: Comparative study of laws within and beyond Indian Jurisdiction.
- Privatization of Justice Delivery with special reference to civil and commercial cases in India; Future Scope and Implications.
- The “Group of Companies Doctrine” vs Party Autonomy under Arbitration Laws: Evolution, Practice, and Sanctity.
- Domestic Violence and Gender-Neutral Laws; A social gimmick or need.
- The operation of section 304B only up to seven years: The legal rationale and legislative intent. (A study on effectiveness to curb dowry death).
Participation & Eligibility:
Any student(s) pursuing an undergraduate or post-graduate degree in law from any UGC recognized university are eligible to participate. Registrations are welcomed from the individual students as authors or a team of not more than 2 students as co-authors.
Relevant details are as follows
• Registrations are open
• Last date for registration: 14th November
• Registration Fee: Rs. 100/- for Single Author
Rs. 150/- in case of Co-authorship.
• Last Date of Submission: 21st November 2021.
• Rs. 7,000/- to the winner and an Internship Opportunity with Singhvi & Co.
• Rs. 5,000/- to the 1st Runner Up
• Rs. 3,000/- to 2nd Runner Up
For further details please refer to the brochure and for any queries contact:
Ms Renika Yadav (Chief Communication Officer)
+91 96024 81264
Ms Damini Chauhan (Executive Member)
- Call For Submissions | Vantage (in collaboration with IRO): Submit Now!
- National Webinar On The Art Of Advocacy by HILSR, Jamia Hamdard: Nov 6!
- Senatus – National Corporate Law Conference by SVKM’s NMIMS School of Law, Navi Mumbai: Submit by Nov 30!
- Panel Discussion on “3D PRINTING AND INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY: PROSPECTS AND CHALLENGES” by DPIIT, IPR Chair, GNLU X Microsoft Chair on IPR Law and Policy Research : Nov 13!
- National Quiz Competition On Constitutional Law by Hamdard Institute of Legal Studies & Research(HILSR): Register by Nov 19!
- CALL FOR BLOGS – USLLS ADR Blog [No fee, Rolling Submissions]
- “Call for Papers” by “International Cyber Research Journal”(Free Publication for Professionals) by WCSF: Submit by November 15, 2021
- 1st National debate Competition by School of Agricultural Law and Economics (SALE), RGNUL (Lincoln-Douglas debate format): Register by November 8!
- Global Symposium on Labour and Employment Laws by NLIU-NLUD: Submit by November 15!
- Kanooniyat Mediation Plan Drafting Competition, 2021 (Exciting Cash Prizes, Internships, Free Webinars): Register by November 7!
- Webinar on “Importance of Planetary Well-being in the Contemporary World” by School of Law, Mahindra University: Oct 23!
- One-Day Online Lecture on ‘The Indian Legal System: A Critique” by Centre for Advanced Study in International Humanitarian Law (CASH RGNUL): Oct 25!
- Online Certificate Course on Mergers and Acquisitions by Fortitude Learning: Register by Oct 27!
- Call for Papers | Lex Terra (ISSN: 2455-0965) by Centre for Environmental Law, Advocacy & Research, National Law University, Assam| Submit by November 30, 2021
- Call For Submissions: 4th Edition Of The Muses [Department Of Law, University Of Calcutta, Literary Magazine]: Submit by Dec 31!
- 1st National MS Rathi Memorial Moot Court Competition, 2021 by LatestLaws.com X Indian Dispute Resolution Centre: Register by Oct 25!
- Call for Chapters in an Edited Book on Theme – “Human Rights & Intellectual Property Rights”: Submit by Nov 30!
- 3rd National Constitutional Law Quiz Competition by Kanoon Sangrah: Register by Nov 12!
- 2nd Online National Client Counselling Competition by Legis Scriptor: Register by Nov 10!
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.