About the International Legal Essay Writing Competition
The Journal Committee (“Committee”) at Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, Lucknow, in collaboration with Regstreet Law Advisors, is organising 8th edition of the RMLNLU International Legal Essay Writing Competition (“RILEC”) along with RMLNLU-Regstreet Law Advisors Conference on Financial Regulatory law on 14 March, 2021
Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law University, formerly Dr. Ram Manohar Lohiya National Law Institute, is a public law school and a National Law University located in Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India. As one of the Autonomous law schools in India
About Regstreet Law Advisors
Regstreet Law Advisors is a niche corporate and financial sector regulatory law firm which provides legal solutions in the regulatory space of SEBI, IRDAI, IBBI, RBI, PFRDA and their Appellate Tribunals or Courts.
Theme and Sub Themes
Financial Regulatory Laws
- Regulatory Hurdles to the Growth of a Successful IFSC in India
- Financial Regulations and the Innovation in Fintech
- Direct Overseas Listing
- Resolution of Financial Firms
- Analysis of the Stock Exchange Responses to Curb the Pandemic Caused Volatility
- Social Stock Exchange
- Trading Member Default
Note: The sub-themes are only indicative.
All authors intending to participate in this legal essay writing competition must be pursuing their 5-year integrated LL.B. (Hons.) course / 3 year LL.B. course / LL.M. from any recognised university in India and equivalent law degree, abroad for the academic year of 2020-2021, to be eligible to participate in the Competition.
All entries in this legal essay writing competition will be judged and ranked by the Regstreet Law Advisors and Journal Committee. The last date for submission is 17 January 2021. A maximum of top five entries will be selected for the virtual conference to be organised on 14 March 2021.
- The selected entries will be considered for publication in the next issue of RMLNLU Law Review Journal & the RMLNLU Law Review Blog. The top three essays will be conferred with rewards.
- Winner – INR 15,000
- First Runner-up – INR 10,000 Second Runner-up – INR 5,000
- Top three entries will be receiving a ‘certificate of achievement’ and an opportunity to intern at Regstreet Law Advisors.
- A ‘certificate of merit’ shall be provided to the selected entries.
- Selected entries will get an opportunity to be considered for publication in the next issue of the RMLNLU Law Review Journal & the RMLNLU Law Review Blog.
- All participants shall be receiving a ‘certificate of participation’.
Co-authorship of entries (maximum two) among individuals from the same or different institutions is allowed. Multiple entries from same authors are not allowed. A participant may submit an entry related to ONE sub-theme ONLY. One may not juxtapose sub-themes in an entry. Entries for this legal essay writing competition should be original, unpublished and non-plagiarised.
Participants are requested to adhere to the following submission guidelines:
- Word Limit for the Competition: 4000-4500 words (excluding footnotes).
- Individual Attachments: Name; contact details; current academic status (Year, University etc.); undertaking as to guarantee of originality.
- Formatting specifications:
- Font and size for the essay: Times New Roman | 12
- Font and size for footnotes: Times New Roman | 10
- Line spacing: 1.5
- Citation Style: Uniform style of citation should be followed throughout the essay.
- The file name must consist only of the author’s name.
- Entries should be emailed to [email protected] under the subject title “Entry for 8th RILEC – [Name(s) of Author(s)]” in Microsoft Word (.doc or .docx) format.
- The last date for the submission of soft copies is 17th January, 2021.
- Any queries relating to the essay competition should be addressed to [email protected]
Email us at: [email protected]
You may also reach us through the phone:
Agrima Gupta: +91 9810373335
Harshit Agrawal: +91 9425429954
Anmol Adhrit: +91 8825314318
Get the official brochure here: