About Young India Fellowship
Started in 2011, the Young India Fellowship (YIF) grooms socially conscious leaders and change-makers for the 21st century. Offered as Ashoka University’s flagship residential postgraduate diploma in liberal studies, the YIF is unlike any other graduate academic programme. Fellows get access and exposure to diverse areas of study, research and practice within a year. This often helps Fellows reimagine themselves and discover their passions. Fellows study a curated selection of courses taught by renowned educators, work on a team-based project to solve a real-world problem, and learn how to think critically and write effectively. They are also mentored by inspiring individuals, and live with a community of diverse individuals from many walks of life
The two criteria for eligibility are:
(1) a recognized undergraduate degree or equivalent (you can be in your final year at the time of application), and,
(2) being no more than 28 years of age on 1st August, 2021. You may have work experience and/or a postgraduate credential as well. We welcome applications from all academic, professional, geographic, cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
You can apply only once in the admissions cycle and only in one round. In case you miss deadline for the early decision round, you can finish your application in the final round.
- Applications open – 3rd Nov. 2020
- Early decision headline – 7th Jan. 2021
- Final application deadline – 12th April 2021
Young India Fellowship Programme Fees (INR): Class of 2021-22
In light of financial complexities offered by the pandemic, the fee for the 11th cohort will not be increased from the previous academic year. Below is the fee structure:
- 7.5 lakhs (tuition) + 1.95 lakhs (residence) = 9.45 lakhs (total fees)
Ashoka University also has a financial aid programme. It has a need-based Financial Aid programme aims to provide necessary financial support which can help you bridge the gap between the cost of the programme and your ability to pay. Several benefactors, including Young India Fellowship alumni, have made financial aid possible. For more details, click here
Website: Click here
More details about the fellowship: Click here