IDIA Kerala Chapter: Literary events: Register by April 5
Increasing Diversity by Increasing Access to Legal Education (IDIA) started as a student-run movement in 2010 from West Bengal National University of Juridical Sciences. Founded by Prof. (Dr.) Shamnad Basheer, the movement seeks to empower underprivileged students and help them transform into leading lawyers and community advocates by giving them access to quality legal education.
For more information, visit the website here.
About the Events
IDIA Kerala Chapter is run by the students of the National University of Advanced Legal Studies, Kochi. The Chapter is organising a judgment writing competition, a memorial writing competition and an essay writing competition for law students across India. The Chapter would like to give the students an opportunity to enhance their drafting and writing skills. The 1st edition of the judgement writing competition was a success, therefore along with judgement writing, the Chapter has decided to try other literary events such as essay writing and memorial writing.
Participation and Qualification
- Qualifications of Team members: The Competition is open to students enrolled full time in a university, pursuing an undergraduate or graduate degree in Law, at the time of Competition. They are required to produce a bonafide letter/a copy of the college ID card from their institution. Students enrolled in research degrees are not eligible to participate.
- The number of members for the memorial writing and essay writing competition: The participation is open to only an individual entry.
- The number of members for judgment writing competition: The participation is open to an individual entry or a team of not more than two members.
Prizes for Winners
- Memorial Writing
The first prize is an internship with Trilegal Bangalore.
- Essay Writing
Top 3 prizes with WorldWise’s Law Firm Boot Camp worth 7.5k + publication in NUALS Law Journal Blog (for the first prize only)
- Judgement Writing (Clarification date extended to April 2nd)
Top 2 prizes with a certificate course sponsored by Enhelion worth Rs 3998.
The top 5 participants/teams will be awarded a merit certificate for all the competitions.
- Memorial Writing
Individual participation: Rs 500/-
Please click here to register for the memorial writing competition.
- Essay Writing
Individual participation: Rs 150/-
Please click here to register for the essay writing competition.
- Judgement Writing
Individual participation: Rs 250/-
Team participation: Rs 400/-
Please click here to register for the judgment writing competition.
If an author is interested in registering for all three events, please click here.
All participants shall also inform the OC through e-mail, [email protected], about the registration fee’s payment with relevant transaction details.
For further queries, contact
- KV Kailash Ramanathan – +91 99402 65368 (Memorial Writing)
- Tinu George – +91 62353 77447 (Essay Writing)
- Poorthi Balakrishnan – +91 9791034136 (Judgement Writing)
- To download the brochure for the memorial writing competition and fetch elaborate details on the event, click here.
- To download the brochure for the essay writing competition and fetch elaborate details on the event, click here.
- To download the brochure for judgement writing and fetch elaborate details on the event, click here.
- Click here to view the poster for essay writing.
- Click here to view the poster for memorial writing.
- Click here to view the poster for judgment writing
- Click here to view the combined poster.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.