About the Organisation
The United Nations Information Centres (UNICs) belong to the Information Centres Services (ICS), Strategic Communications Division (SCD) of the Department of Global Communication (DGC). The UNICs are the principal sources of information about the United Nations system in the countries where they are located. They are also responsible for promoting greater public understanding of, and supports the aims and activities of, the United Nations by disseminating information on the work of the Organization to people everywhere, especially in developing countries.
This internship is located in the United Nations Information Centre in New Delhi, India.
About the Internship
The minimum duration of an internship is two months. This period can be extended up to a total period of six months, pending on the needs of the department
The internship is UNPAID. UN interns work full-time, five days per week (35 hours) under the supervision of a staff member in the department or office to which they are assigned.
In the context of the COVID-19 pandemic, applicants may be requested to undertake the internship remotely in view of constraints regarding visa issuance, international travel and access to ISA premises. Applicants must be willing and prepared to undertake the internship remotely for a part or the entirety of the internship.
1. The intern will support UNIC staff in implementing UN campaigns and events for the duration of the internship. Some of the ongoing key campaigns of the UN are:
2. Support the UNIC team in generating content for the website and social media platforms.
3. Conduct research and background work for events and campaigns
4. Provide organizing and logistical support for events.
5. Assist the UNIC/UNRC joint communication team with events and campaigns.
6. Other daily responsibilities based on the needs and the individual’s background.
To qualify for an internship with the United Nations Internship Programme, the following conditions must be met:
– Applicants must meet one of the following requirements: (a) be enrolled in a graduate school programme (second university degree or equivalent, or higher); (b) be enrolled in the final academic year of a
first university degree programme (minimum Bachelor’s level or equivalent); or (c) have graduated with a university degree (as defined above);
– Be computer literate in standard software application;
– Have demonstrated keen interest in the work of the United Nations and have a personal commitment to the ideals of the Charter; and
– Have a demonstrated ability to successfully interact with individuals of different cultural backgrounds and beliefs, which include willingness to try and understand and be tolerant of differing opinions and
For more details on the internship opportunity and to apply, click here
Honoring Pride Month, Kanooniyat is organising a National Amendment Writing Competition. Registrations close on 19th June, 2021. For details, click here.
- Internship Opportunity at The Office of Rajya Sabha MP Binoy Viswam: Apply by June 22, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity at KN Legal Associates, Mumbai: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Lex Commerci: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at MyAdvo.in: Apply Now
- Online Internship Opportunity at Law Care Legal Consultants LLP: Apply Now
- Research and Innovation intern at Teach for India, Hyderabad: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at MNG Legal: Apply by June 10, 2021
To view all internship opportunities, click here.
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.