II JECRC NATIONAL VIRTUAL MOOT COURT COMPETITION, 2021 BY SCHOOL OF LAW, JECRC UNIVERSITY: REGISTER BY JULY 12, 2021
ABOUT THE ORGANIZER:
JECRC University, Jaipur, Rajasthan is one of the Premier Universities of North India, established under The JECRC University Act, 2012 of the Government of Rajasthan. JECRC University had started the School of Law in 2017 with the approval of the Bar Council of India. We at JECRC University aim to provide a platform for young students to understand the inter-dependence of today’s world and its myriad challenges and opportunities.
We believe that the objective of modern education should be to create world citizens with the right moral and ethical values, tolerance, discipline, commitment, compassion, and sensitivity. JECRC’s School of Law was the first law school in Rajasthan to start the drift towards a national level Virtual Moot Court Competition for the young law aspirants while defeating the constraints of the Pandemic.
Our last edition was in the format of a Mono-Advocacy Moot wherein, the guests were Sitting Judge of Rajasthan HC, Additional Solicitor General and was adjudged by Advocates on Record, Advocates of RHC and Member, Bar Council of Rajasthan. Last year we witnessed the nationwide participation of more than 50 students coming from top Law Schools of India including NLUs and other Private Institutions. Cash Prizes worth Rs. 10,000 were awarded to the students in which Symbiosis Law School, Pune won the best team prize.
Thus, with greater zeal and enthusiasm, we have come up with our 2nd National Virtual Moot Court Competition wherein, the proposition is related to the emerging IP Rights Laws and the participation cap is 40 teams.
- Release of Proposition, Rules and Commencement of Registration: June 25, 2021.
- Last Date for seeking Clarifications: July 7, 2021.
- Release of Clarifications: July 10, 2021.
- Last Date for Registration: July 12, 2021.
- Last Date of Submission of Memorials (Softcopy): July 25, 2021.
- Memorial Exchange: August 6, 2021.
- Oral Rounds: 7th to 9th August, 2021.
Students of three-year or five-year integrated law degree courses from any University/Law School/College/Department are eligible to participate in the Competition. However, a maximum of one Team shall be allowed to participate from any one University/Law School/College/Department.
- Each Team shall consist only of three members, comprising two speakers and one researcher.
- Any alteration of the names of the team members shall be informed through writing email to [email protected] .
- Once the Competition commences, the team composition cannot be altered under any circumstances whatsoever. The inability of any team member to participate in accordance with the rules of this Competition shall lead to immediate disqualification of the Team from the Competition.
- The teams interested in participating are required to confirm their participation by filling up the Google form. The link of which is Google Form.
- In order to complete the registration process, a team would be required to fill up all the credentials provided in the Google form, including identity cards.
- Teams interested in participating will send in the required registration amount of Rs.1500/- via internet banking or any other mode in the following transaction details:
Account No.- 61285714302
Name – Priyanshi Khunteta
Bank – State Bank of India
Branch – Kishanpole Bazar, Jaipur
IFSC Code – SBIN0031462
REWARDS AND PRIZES:
- Winning Team Award – The winning Team will receive a prize worth Rs. 15,000/-.
- First Runner-Up Team Award –The first runners-up Team will receive a prize worth Rs. 11,000/-.
- Best Student Advocate/Counsel – The Best Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth Rs. 5,100/- .
- First Runner-Up Student Advocate/Counsel – The first runners-up Student Advocate/Counsel will receive a prize worth Rs. 3,100/-.
- Best Memorial -The Team submitting the best memorial will receive a prize worth Rs. 5,100/-.
- Best Researcher – The Best Researcher will receive a prize worth Rs. 3,100/-.
- First Runner-Up Researcher – The First Runners-Up Researcher will receive a prize worth Rs. 2,100/-.
- Certificate of Participation-To all the participants.
For Moot Proposition: CLICK HERE
For Rules of the Competition: CLICK HERE
Moot Court Committee
School of Law, JECRC University, Plot No IS -2036 to 2039, Ramchandrapura Industrial Area, Vidhani, Jaipur – 303 905 (Rajasthan), India
Email ID: [email protected]
- Ms. Ravina Parihar (+91 7597264202)
- Shreya Dangayach +91 9166246639.
- Asgar Khan Advocate International Online Moot Court Competition, 2021: Register by July 31, 2021
- 1st St. Joseph’s College of Law National Level Moot Court Competition, 2021: Register by June 28, 2021
- 1st INDIAN MOOT ON ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE & LAW, 2021 by THE INDIAN SOCIETY OF ARTIFICIAL INTELLIGENCE AND LAW (ISAIL): REGISTER BY JUNE 21, 2021
- GMU-CIArb (India) International Maritime Arbitration Competition (GIMAC) 2021: Gujarat Maritime University [ July 09th – July 11th]: Register by June 22
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation and the opportunity before applying or making any monetary transactions.