The NLU Delhi is inviting applications for 10 Academic Fellows
towards teaching and research in the following subjects:
- Public International Law
- Private International Law
- Environmental Law
- Law, Science and Technology
- Media and Communication Law
- International Trade Law
- Competition Law
- Criminal Law & Criminal Justice
- Administrative Law
- Constitutional Law
The NLU Delhi is among India’s leading law universities, ranked second in the National Institutional Ranking Framework for the last two years.
The University offers a five year integrated B.A., LL.B (Hons.) and one year postgraduate masters in law (LL.M), along with professional programs and certificate courses for non- lawyers. Through the All India Law Entrance Test, the university admits 120 students into the B.A., LL.B (Hons.) course and 80 students into the LL.M course.
The University has made tremendous contributions in public discourse on law through pedagogy and research. Over the last decade the university has established many specialised research centres and this includes the Centre for Communication Governance, Centre for Innovation, Intellectual Property and Competition, Centre for Corporate Law and Governance, Centre for Criminology and Victimology, and Project 39A. Through its faculty, the University has made submissions, recommendations, and worked in advisory/consultant capacities with government entities, universities in India and abroad, think tanks, private sector organisations, and international organisations. As a leading institution of higher learning in India, the University is also keen to create interdisciplinary approaches as part of its commitment towards high quality education and research.
The Academic Fellowship is a flagship programme created by the University to nurture early career academics in teaching and research. Academic Fellows are expected to contribute to the intellectual growth of the University, and will be mentored by senior faculty members. In this background, applications are invited from academics and early career scholars in law, social sciences, humanities, technology and other allied disciplines.
Responsibilities: Fellows are expected to assist in teaching & undertake research in relevant areas in consultation with the University.
- LL.M or relevant Masters degree in Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Science and Technology from a recognised Indian or foreign university with minimum 55% marks (or an equivalent grade in a point scale wherever grading system is followed), and a good academic record.
- For those applying with a relevant Masters degree in Social Sciences/ Humanities/ Science and Technology/ Engineering, there must be a clear and demonstrable track record of interdisciplinary research involving the law.
- Applicants in this category should not have qualified for their first undergraduate degree before 01-01-2016.
Requirements: Demonstrable research track record in any one of the subjects mentioned in this call. Interdisciplinary research will be considered as an advantage.
Pay Scale: INR 50,000 per month
Nature of Appointment: Contractual
Application Process: The following materials need to be submitted digitally.
- Statement of Purpose (750 words)
- Resume, including publications authored or co-authored, if any
- Proposed research (750 words)
- Copy of undergraduate degree, clearly indicating date and year of graduation
- Copy of Master’s degree, clearly indicating date and year of graduation
- Any other document relevant to this application not already submitted above
Please access the application form here. Last date for submission: 23:59 Hrs/11.59 PM on 22nd August 2021.
- The application must be submitted through the online form specified in this advertisement. Physical/ email applications will not be considered.
- Candidates will be shortlisted based on an assessment of their application materials submitted through the online form, and only shortlisted candidates will be interviewed.
- Only those candidates selected for the interview will be contacted. If you do not hear from the University within 4 weeks after the deadline, please assume that your application has been unsuccessful.
- The eligibility criteria listed here do not guarantee an interview or a final offer.
- NLU Delhi reserves the right not to fill the positions advertised here.
- NLU Delhi is an equal opportunity employer.
Click here for official notification.
- Social Media Intern at India Climate Collaborative: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at P&P Associates, Ahmedabad, Gujarat: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity at Ashwin Mathew Legal Advisors LLP: Apply Now
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Hamari Pahchan NGO, Delhi: Apply by August 05, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at Maharashtra Tourism Development Corporation: Apply by July 28, 2021
- Legal Internship Opportunity with Stipend at 4A IP Solution: Apply by August 03, 2021
At Kanooniyat, it is our endeavour to provide authentic information from verified organisations. However, it is strongly advised that you do your own research on the legitimacy of the particular organisation. In case you are applying for internships, it’s strongly recommended that you clarify the terms of internship including the grant of stipend (if any) before beginning your internship.
If you have had a bad experience by availing any of the opportunities that we post at Kanooniyat.com, kindly fill this form so that we can blacklist such organizations and take appropriate action against them.